Lombax Warrior
69 posts

Re: AK ALL DAY!!!

Oct 10, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

That's probably the gun you personally perform the worst with, then, because E3 AK's my personal best gun.

Until you take me to Lab Map 3 where it seems you have to use Flynn's M9 to compete with the blindfire-fest there.

Doesn't have anything to do with how I myself perform with it, a non-accuracy AK flat-out cannot compete against any of the other rifles unless you are close range (and at that point you might as well be blindfiring anyway).

And in my experience, that's where you're wrong. The AK-47 has a different type of recoil from the M9 and G-MAL which needs to be managed in a completely different way. It doesn't make it bad, it doesn't make it un-competitive. The AK-47 is unreliable at long range, sure (though I've gotten my fair share of long range kills with the AK), but it's very useful for short and mid-range. Most people I've talked to about the AK agree with me. You (and I guess B_Smiley could count, since he kudos your AK posts all the time...) are the only one I've seen who says the AK is "trash". I think it does have to do with how you yourself perform with it if everyone else who uses it does well with it and you're the only one who says it's underpowered.

lol, nice observation :smileyvery-happy:

Believe me, I'm mostly a TO player, and I always had used ND AK in TO (CQC mode obviously :smileytongue:)  due to my believe of the SP effectiveness in this game until I realized something with a little testing. The SP in UC3 is different from UC2. In UC2, each bullet had it own SP effect, while in UC3 the SP won't take effect until about half of your health is gone (I think xSKIN_N_BONESx will agree with me since he talked about it once, however, I'll be happy if I'm wrong). After that I switched to  jade M9 since the SP is almost pointless in UC3, and I noticeably performed much better.

The AK's recoil is simply uncontrollable. Without the accuracy mod it is very cumbersome, and I'll be very happy to hear a direct way to control it.

Message 31 of 38 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10174 posts

Re: Un-competitive guns...

Oct 11, 2012
I like using an automatic and a Para 9. I blindfire it a lot.

And, like everyone else, I complain about blindfire while using blindfire. Go me!
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 32 of 38 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Oct 11, 2012

i dont get why people cry about the M9 to me it plays the same way the M4 in uncharted 2 did.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - matrixx00
Message 33 of 38 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10174 posts

Oct 11, 2012
Dunno. Maybe it's because rather than only having a few M4s around, people start with the M9.

It's probably (not a real statistic, just based on previous matches, no need to vent out about your gun preference) the most used gun, topping starter gun AK and that other gun with Elena on it.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 34 of 38 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Oct 11, 2012
never thought about it like that. hrrrrrrmmmmmm maybe ill stop using it if it upsets people. i guess its the same way i feel about the GMAL.
Message 35 of 38 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10174 posts

Oct 11, 2012
No. SCREW what people think. I use M9. Why switch? Peer pressure? Screw that. I might have a Starter (Eddy's AK), Variant (Ramses' KAL) [changing it to Sniper soon], Auto (Marlowe's M9) and Single-Shot (Dragon) [changing it to Talbot's FAL once I hit 50].

And you know what? Auto's almost always my main.

Btw all pistols are Para 9s. Drake's and Marlowe's.
Message 36 of 38 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Oct 11, 2012

my loadout is JADE M9 / Drake's Para 9 - i wish the dragon was still like UC2's because i was a god with that gun i was #5 on the UC2 sniper leaderboard but then again i havent givin the new dragon much time yet.

Message 37 of 38 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10174 posts

Oct 11, 2012
I think the UC2 dragon's competitor here is the T-Bolt. UC3 Dragon's faster, but deals less damage.
Message 38 of 38 (65 Views)
0 Likes