Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4595 posts
 

Re: AK ALL DAY!!!

Oct 10, 2012

tripleWRECK wrote:
Non of the rifles are weak or useless, the "worst" is probably a non-accuracy AK.

Just find the one that feels the most comfortable and practice with it.

That's probably the gun you personally perform the worst with, then, because E3 AK's my personal best gun.

 

Until you take me to Lab Map 3 where it seems you have to use Flynn's M9 to compete with the blindfire-fest there.

Message 21 of 38 (198 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: AK ALL DAY!!!

Oct 10, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

That's probably the gun you personally perform the worst with, then, because E3 AK's my personal best gun.

 

Until you take me to Lab Map 3 where it seems you have to use Flynn's M9 to compete with the blindfire-fest there.


Doesn't have anything to do with how I myself peform with it, a non-accuracy AK flat-out cannot compete against any of the other rifles unless you are close range (and at that point you might as well be blindfiring anyway).

 

It's sad because the AK is a fun diversion from the other guns, but even with Accuracy it has numerous disadvantages against the other rifles -- even against the supposedly similarly-classed M9.

Message 22 of 38 (188 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4595 posts
 

Re: AK ALL DAY!!!

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

tripleWRECK wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

That's probably the gun you personally perform the worst with, then, because E3 AK's my personal best gun.

 

Until you take me to Lab Map 3 where it seems you have to use Flynn's M9 to compete with the blindfire-fest there.


Doesn't have anything to do with how I myself peform with it, a non-accuracy AK flat-out cannot compete against any of the other rifles unless you are close range (and at that point you might as well be blindfiring anyway).


And in my experience, that's where you're wrong. The AK-47 has a different type of recoil from the M9 and G-MAL which needs to be managed in a completely different way. It doesn't make it bad, it doesn't make it un-competitive. The AK-47 is unreliable at long range, sure (though I've gotten my fair share of long range kills with the AK), but it's very useful for short and mid-range. Most people I've talked to about the AK agree with me. You (and I guess B_Smiley could count, since he kudos your AK posts all the time...) are the only one I've seen who says the AK is "trash". I think it does have to do with how you yourself perform with it if everyone else who uses it does well with it and you're the only one who says it's underpowered.

Message 23 of 38 (174 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
2389 posts
 

Re: AK ALL DAY!!!

Oct 10, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

That's probably the gun you personally perform the worst with, then, because E3 AK's my personal best gun.

 

Until you take me to Lab Map 3 where it seems you have to use Flynn's M9 to compete with the blindfire-fest there.


Doesn't have anything to do with how I myself peform with it, a non-accuracy AK flat-out cannot compete against any of the other rifles unless you are close range (and at that point you might as well be blindfiring anyway).


And in my experience, that's where you're wrong. The AK-47 has a different type of recoil from the M9 and G-MAL which needs to be managed in a completely different way. It doesn't make it bad, it doesn't make it un-competitive. The AK-47 is unreliable at long range, sure (though I've gotten my fair share of long range kills with the AK), but it's very useful for short and mid-range. Most people I've talked to about the AK agree with me. You (and I guess B_Smiley could count, since he kudos your AK posts all the time...) are the only one I've seen who says the AK is "trash". I think it does have to do with how you yourself perform with it if everyone else who uses it does well with it and you're the only one who says it's underpowered.



The ak is amazing I play beast with it all the time. It's a beast from mid and short range, like you said, and I honestly don't think is underpowered. For long range, I just equiped the para 9 (I know it jams but I could still get long range kills from it), if im having an off day, I just sneak around using cloaked gold. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 24 of 38 (167 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 09/18/2012
Offline
80 posts
 

Re: AK ALL DAY!!!

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

i think that one of the reasons that ak is good is because it is the 3rd best damage rated gun apart from power weapons it s only 7 shots so if you can manage the accuracy its ok at any range. with that in mind i perform best with the ak at long range when i fire it like the fall ss the shots are still not accurate but there is a lot less recoilso it is easier to control

Message 25 of 38 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
2179 posts
 

Re: AK ALL DAY!!!

Oct 10, 2012

At this point it goes like this as far as most used weapon

1: M9

2: Gmal/AK

3: Dragon

4: FAL

And for some reason, every random I meet who plays this game always carries a KAL-7 :/

Message 26 of 38 (153 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/18/2012
Offline
80 posts
 

Re: AK ALL DAY!!!

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

i don't because i think that it is rubish on most maps and i hate people who sprey because i use talbot's fallss

Message 27 of 38 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
638 posts
 

Re: Un-competitive guns...

Oct 10, 2012

The AK isn't hard to use once you get used to it, so to all those people who say it sucks: Play 10 matches in a row with it, and tell me how bad it sucks when you're done.

Message 28 of 38 (144 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/18/2012
Offline
80 posts
 

Re: AK ALL DAY!!!

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

i think that damage should come up on the gun stats because it is the most important stat and nd havn't even put it on

Message 29 of 38 (144 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: AK ALL DAY!!!

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

And in my experience, that's where you're wrong. The AK-47 has a different type of recoil from the M9 and G-MAL which needs to be managed in a completely different way. It doesn't make it bad, it doesn't make it un-competitive. The AK-47 is unreliable at long range, sure (though I've gotten my fair share of long range kills with the AK), but it's very useful for short and mid-range. Most people I've talked to about the AK agree with me. You (and I guess B_Smiley could count, since he kudos your AK posts all the time...) are the only one I've seen who says the AK is "trash". I think it does have to do with how you yourself perform with it if everyone else who uses it does well with it and you're the only one who says it's underpowered.


The AK has the simplest recoil in the game, there's no "managing" to be done. If you start shooting and don't touch the right stick the crosshair will remain in the same spot for the most part. The AK has roughly even spread across the left, right, and upper directions. The M9 has a clear bias upwards thus making it more difficult to control, but also more predictable and therefore more accurate in practiced hands.

 

I do well with the AK, but not because the AK itself is particularly good. Personal skill can only compensate so much for a weapons intrinsic ability.

 

An AK w/Accuracy is up there with a non-RoF M9, but even then the M9 has an edge due to all the variants with great attachment combinations. Anyone who uses a non-Accuracy AK is handicapping their overall ability to perform, and that's just the truth.

Message 30 of 38 (121 Views)