Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: November edition

Nov 13, 2012

kingdomkeycrown wrote:

Stupid Q&A as always.

What exactly is stupid?? they answered questions clearly and gave direct answers.........

Sleep Matt signature
Message 151 of 246 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

1) What's the point of making a thread if you are going t...

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

Trawnza wrote:

1) Internally, this is has been a vigorous debate for a while now. Let’s throw it back to you guys and gals. What do you think? Start a thread and let’s see what you’re thinking.

2) For both single player and multiplayer the character models are actually higher poly count and more detailed than they were in Uncharted 2. The multiplayer in Uncharted 3 was overhauled extensively and it’s a lot bigger in general. If we could get the models from U3 into U2 MP you would see how detailed they really are but that would be nearly impossible as the version of the engine we’re running between the two games is very much a different creation.

3) These are all situations in which you should be mindful of your surroundings and what’s going on around you before you execute the maneuvers. The camera adds drama to the maneuvers and you should be aware of what’s happening around you before you stealth kill a foe, high five a buddy, or melee out of your cover on any battlefield, especially the virtual one in Uncharted 3 multiplayer.  The camera won’t ever be changed and we won’t be adding a toggle to turn on or off how the camera angle switches.

4) The backend for Uncharted 2 is very different than Uncharted 3. This isn’t something we can easily bake into the UI for Uncharted 3. Our energies are best focused on reviewing and looking at all the gameplay related requests and fixes you’ve been sending us.

1) What's the point of making a thread if you are going to ignore it? You rarely respond to threads.

On top of that, you have also made it pretty obvious that you don't care about stat fakers.

2) This is an obvious lie. Certain skins have a lower polygon count in UC3 MP (i.e. Lazarevic's head).

If someone has that Lazarevic comparison photo, please post it!

3) Nobody cares about "cinematic drama", except you! It's disorienting and that's all that matters.

4) I'm calling BS on this one. You already have detailed player pool statistics on your servers and you know it. It can't be that hard to implement a online player count query function and fetch that number from your server.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 152 of 246 (531 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: November edition

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

My thoughts:

You wasted YET ANOTHER answer on the Wet Suit Elena thing...thanks for wasting 1 of 10 prescious answers.

What a load of crap about Skin's camera question. Those cameras are all terrible, and no, its just not possible to know exactly what is happnening around you at all times.

What's broken about blindfire? How about the fact that it AUTOMATICALLY LOCKS ON. Is that not enough? Or the fact that players move entirely too fast while hipfiring. Lower the movement speed so some fool can't just follow me around cover or around a corner and murder me--without aiming.

A vigorous debate about the leaderboards? What a joke! How about a vigorous debate about you're 2 newly BROKEN modes, Plunder and Team Objective (moreso Plunder). If you want specifics, then read all those Threads that I PMed you.

Its getting harder and harder to defend you guys. Please let someone else develope UC4's MP, as you guys simply cannot cut it.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 153 of 246 (515 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Re: 1) What's the point of making a thread if you are going t...

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

ND that polygon question is ridiculous it's obvious.................

That is Laz in UC2

This is Laz in UC3

Sleep Matt signature
Message 154 of 246 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

ND how can these 2 look the same it's obvious.................

That is Laz in UC2

This is Laz in UC3

Sorry dude, but that wasn't what I had in mind.

You are comparing UC2 cutscene model VS UC3 MP model.

There's a better photo that illustrates the lower polygon count, but I can't find it right now. UC2 MP model VS UC3 MP model.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 155 of 246 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

ND how can these 2 look the same it's obvious.................

That is Laz in UC2

This is Laz in UC3

Sorry dude, but that wasn't what I had in mind.

You are comparing UC2 cutscene model VS UC3 MP model.

There's a better photo that illustrates the lower polygon count, but I can't find it right now.

yeah i know but I'm showing how ridiculous they are saying the models in UC3 have more polygons when clearly they don't......cutscene model or not

Sleep Matt signature
Message 156 of 246 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Re: **UPDATED with Answers** Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: November edition

Nov 13, 2012

Drama: A necessary component for a Online multiplayer.

At least they're addressing the lag...

Graveyard stuffers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4482958/Silly_ass_ID_by_SuperGilfer.jpg
Message 157 of 246 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: **UPDATED with Answers** Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: November edition

Nov 13, 2012

screwfun wrote:

At least they're addressing the lag...

How exactly are they addressing it? Do they plan to revert to 1.14 matchmaking? Or do they plan to implement a ping-filter (searching for close players) toggle?

Message 158 of 246 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
437 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Trawnza wrote:

5.  Why did The character models in uncharted 3 get a downgrade compared to uncharted 2? (kLuMb-Z)

For both single player and multiplayer the character models are actually higher poly count and more detailed than they were in Uncharted 2. The multiplayer in Uncharted 3 was overhauled extensively and it’s a lot bigger in general. If we could get the models from U3 into U2 MP you would see how detailed they really are but that would be nearly impossible as the version of the engine we’re running between the two games is very much a different creation.

I know right...

p

l

l

l

Message 159 of 246 (473 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Thank you for the photos, Luxis!

ND is in denial mode...

Message 160 of 246 (467 Views)
0 Likes