Have you got questions that need answers? Here's your opportunity to get them!
Until the 10th of May (and every month from here on out), you will have the opportunity to post your questions regarding Uncharted 3 Multiplayer experience in this thread! The top 10 questions will then be chosen and answered by the NaughtyDog Development team.
Once they have sent back the replies, we will post them in this thread for your perusal.
So, get to posting those questions - and make 'em count and make ‘em good ones!
- Do you plan on changing the matchmaking system again? Level based matchmaking is horribly slow and cause huge amounts of lag because we keep getting matched up with people from across the globe. Any plans to remedy this? (Da_Almighty_Guy)
We are aware of the lag issues that have arisen after the tweaks we made to matchmaking. We are making certain adjustments to the networking on the fly to further tweak the current matchmaking system. We try to make the best tweaks to the matchmaking system we can to address your concerns, but sometimes it’s difficult to anticipate the outcome of those tweaks once it’s been deployed to the live environment. The good thing is that we can easily monitor and make further tweaks. Thanks for bearing with us as we work to optimize matchmaking to be the best possible for all players.
2. Are you guys aware that the Dead Body Glitch is happening more often since Patch 1.15, if so do you plan on fixing this issue? (Kai-Fi)
In short, yes, we are working on a fix for this. It’s high on the priority scale for a future patch.
2A. Give us Wetsuit Elena. This is a request... not a question... (renatabls)
Where’s the “please”? We’ve discussed this in the past. We aren’t doing any new characters skins at this point.
3. Any plans to make the Mesh Labs last longer (2 weeks at least)? (Shrantellatessa)
We’ve been discussing what we’ll be doing with these maps for a long time. We’re not 100% locked on what’s going to happen with them but you will be seeing them again and for a lot longer than a couple days if everything goes according to the current line of thinking here.
3A. Any plans to remove the glitched/hacked player names from the leaderboards? (Shrantellatessa)
Internally, this is has been a vigorous debate for a while now. Let’s throw it back to you guys and gals. What do you think? Start a thread and let’s see what you’re thinking.
4. [Are] there any plans for blindfire fixes? (B_Smiley)
The balancing for blindfire isn’t something we’re looking at right now. The design is suited to give all players the same benefits when using blindfire. We haven’t changed it since the game shipped and the design was implemented to be what it is so all players could figure out how to best use the blindfire option. Is there something specific you feel is actually broken?
5. Why did The character models in uncharted 3 get a downgrade compared to uncharted 2? (kLuMb-Z)
For both single player and multiplayer the character models are actually higher poly count and more detailed than they were in Uncharted 2. The multiplayer in Uncharted 3 was overhauled extensively and it’s a lot bigger in general. If we could get the models from U3 into U2 MP you would see how detailed they really are but that would be nearly impossible as the version of the engine we’re running between the two games is very much a different creation.
6. With the new tournament update , we saw some items leave us (gold guns, some shade items, ext..) Will there be some way to unlock these items for good, or are they gone forever?? (iceyfire54312)
Certain Tournament prizes will only be available for a limited time but they might make a return. We’ll have rotating prizes for the Tournament in order to keep it fresh.
7. Can you remove (or add a toggle for) the camera angle switch that occurs when you high five someone, assassinate another player, or in cover melee another player? (xSKIN_N_BONESx)
These are all situations in which you should be mindful of your surroundings and what’s going on around you before you execute the maneuvers. The camera adds drama to the maneuvers and you should be aware of what’s happening around you before you stealth kill a foe, high five a buddy, or melee out of your cover on any battlefield, especially the virtual one in Uncharted 3 multiplayer. The camera won’t ever be changed and we won’t be adding a toggle to turn on or off how the camera angle switches.
8. Any chance you can give us any more info on that "awesome thing" Squid and tripleWRECK hinted at in their recent video? (Crimsonine)
You think we just flap our tongues freely? While we’re not 100% sure what Squid and tripleWRECK think constitutes an “awesome thing” but we can ensure you that it will be awesome and it will be coming…soon™
9. Why there is no online/daily player count in UC3 MP? Can you implement it in a future patch? (tapantaola)
The backend for Uncharted 2 is very different than Uncharted 3. This isn’t something we can easily bake into the UI for Uncharted 3. Our energies are best focused on reviewing and looking at all the gameplay related requests and fixes you’ve been sending us.
10. When can we expect a rare treasure drop weekend (especially for co-op)? How are we supposed to complete the Co-Op Treasure sets when it's based on PURE LUCK? (GS2_PK)
Well, random treasure drops are just that; they’re random. We have discussed rare treasure drop weekends internally and plan to roll some out in the future. If we do them it could be a competitive only weekend or a co-op only weekend or a competitive and co-op weekend. We’ll announce it on the Naughty Dog blog when it happens.
Do you plan on changing the matchmaking system again? Level based matchmaking is horribly slow and cause huge amounts of lag because we keep getting matched up with people from across the globe. Any plans to remedy this?
Give us Wetsuit Elena.
This is a request... not a question...
Give us Wetsuit Elena.
This is an Order... not a question...
*Fixed for you ;D
But seriously we need this Skin
CO OP Feels Unloved, Will you ever release a patch dealing with coop issues or even adding things to make it more fun such as seperate modes shouldnt be too difficult surely ;D
CO OP Feels Unloved, Will you ever release a patch dealing with cop op issues or even adding things to make it more fun such as seperate modes shouldnt be too difficult surely ;D
ND say no, according to last month's Q&A. We just have to deal with it.