Sackboy
460 posts

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: July edition

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

2. Can we please have an explanation about some characters skins missing in Uncharted 3? (Luxis)

We’ve done our best to get most of the UNCHARTED universe characters into the game. The major characters in all their various outfits were given priority and then we went with the characters that we felt fit best within the world of Uncharted 3. Also re-using some of the old model texture from earlier UNCHARTED games just wouldn’t work as well. That’s why there’s no Wetsuit Elena for instance. As for Rika, well she was in Eye of Indra and just part of that world. We want Uncharted 3 to have its own unique characters and appeal too!

The old ones look better than the current ones. :/

Message 271 of 656 (889 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Jul 23, 2012

maybe its just me, but im kinda disappointed in this month's answers.

But the real question is...why are they afraid of answering my questions about the Riot Sheild?

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 272 of 656 (848 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7071 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Half the questions wasted on saying _____ skin will not happen. The rest were we didn't do _____ because ______ . And then the Tau question which we already knew the answer to but ND decided to answer anyways. Very disappointed. Where's the answers about gameplay?

Message 273 of 656 (846 Views)
Sackboy
544 posts

Jul 23, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

maybe its just me, but im kinda disappointed in this month's answers.

But the real question is...why are they afraid of answering my questions about the Riot Sheild?

Too little kudos I think

Message 274 of 656 (842 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Jul 23, 2012
Focusing on the positive here: I am excited for Hardcore possibly being changed into Classic Mode.
Message 275 of 656 (834 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

No wetsuit elena but getting wetsuit drake.....this is still invalid reasoning imo....Even if i'm not bothered for the skin.

But i am happy for guerro! But i was expecting all character variations to be put into one with the patch (drake/desert drake/suited drake etc), but after some of the comments made, it looks like it won't be the case...

Hardcore NEEDS a change, i honestly hope you guys get round to it... Lowering the health and giving default loadouts for this mode would make it so much better...

Message 276 of 656 (830 Views)
MVP Support
12491 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Naughty Dog Development Team wrote:

9.  Will villains be added to Co Op arena? (jjjkur )

We have no plans to add villains to co-op arena at this time. Our Fort Adventure DLC does feature villains as playable. 

I sincerely hope that plans like this change in the future. I wonder how many people no longer have plans to play Co-op Arena at this time. Giving players the option to play as villains in this co-op mode would be a surefire way to keep the experience fresh for some individuals. It's a shame that you aren't considering it at this time. I’m pretty sure that many Uncharted Community members are aware that the Fort Adventure DLC allows them to play as Eddy Raja, Harry Flynn, and Zoran Lazarević (there are more than 3 villains in the Uncharted Universe). I wouldn’t be surprised if the bulk of these members actually made up the crowd of individuals who would like to play as villains in Co-op Arena.

Thank you for answering some of the questions this month, Naughty Dog Development Team.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 277 of 656 (824 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Jul 23, 2012
THANK YOU JESUS
Message 278 of 656 (818 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Re: ***UPDATED w/ Answers!***Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: July edition

Jul 23, 2012
Classic mode! Hell yeah!
Message 279 of 656 (813 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7071 posts

Jul 23, 2012

ryumitch1 wrote:

No wetsuit elena but getting wetsuit drake.....this is still invalid reasoning imo....Even if i'm not bothered for the skin.

But i am happy for guerro! But i was expecting all character variations to be put into one with the patch, but after some of the comments made, it looks like it won't be the case...

Hardcore NEEDS a change, i honestly hope you guys get round to it... Lowering the health and giving default loadouts for this mode would make it so much better...

Some of us really like the higher health of Hardcore. I personally love 150% health and having to go and do that into customs would suck.

Message 280 of 656 (801 Views)