Uncharted Territory
1848 posts

Re: ***UPDATED w/ Answers!***Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: July edition

Jul 25, 2012

No I'm not back. Just thought I would copy over a comment I left on facebook which is my final conclusion on missing skins and might help some people be less confused about Eric-ND responses to this subject. 

-----

Can we please have an explanation about some characters skins missing in Uncharted 3? (Luxis)

"We’ve done our best to get most of the UNCHARTED universe characters into the game. The major characters in all their various outfits were given priority and then we went with the characters that we felt fit best within the world of Uncharted 3. Also re-using some of the old model texture from earlier UNCHARTED games just wouldn’t work as well. That’s why there’s no Wetsuit Elena for instance. As for Rika, well she was in Eye of Indra and just part of that world. We want Uncharted 3 to have its own unique characters and appeal too!"

Scrolls down page to see a question about Guerro from Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Which just like Eye of Indra, is set before UC1 and yet those characters are seen by Naughty Dog as fitting for UC3.

7. What is Guerro doing in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer? Will he ever be unlocked as DLC? (fadi002)
To put it shortly: yes. We have more DLC coming. He’s one of the unlocks.

*yawn* I got my answer finally. They didn't listen to the community for the whole of UC2 and the first 6 months of UC3. Therefore they had no clue what characters the community liked, so put priority to what they thought we liked. It's difficult to port UC2 characters so they would have had to make Rika from scratch. Obviously to much work for them after they had already wasted so much development time on characters no one gave a **bleep** about. 

This also gives us the answer to why we got such awful character skin DLC, like the fat suits and Rogue skins. Easy to port, faceless characters that took zero effort to make and were very easy to make a profit on.  

It's obvious Naughty Dog will only make skins now that Sony suits pay them to make. Golden Abyss, Kiilzone and Spyder to name a few. 

Rika and Wetsuit Elena fall in to a category which unfortunately means Naughty Dog will never make them. They can't be ported from UC2 and have to be made from scratch. Sony wont give Naughty Dog any money to make them. They missed their chance to be put in the flashback skin pack because Naughty Dog at that stage of development was blind to anything the community had to say.

This is why Eric-ND is having to make complete and utter BS PR responses which make absolutely no sense and don't correlate with any of the other decisions the company has made for the multiplayer. He has basically trapped Naughty Dog in to a corner where they have to stick by this ridiculous story now. 

Complete balls up from Naughty Dog who continue to follow these bizarre development rules, probably inspired by jacking off to arty GDC talks all day. Wake the **bleep** up, get your head out the clouds, understand that a multiplayer component does not follow the same arty rule set as the single player and listen to your audience.

------

Bye XD

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 621 of 656 (469 Views)
Sackboy
460 posts

Re: ***UPDATED w/ Answers!***Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: July edition

Jul 25, 2012

You can't leave because of two missing skins. Even if they don't give us new colors, or the new skins are bad, I'm still going to play this game. This is a platformer/shooter, not a dress up game. I'm upset about the lack of colors like many people, but colors and skins don't affect the gameplay at all.

Message 622 of 656 (464 Views)
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

How about the Spyder Skin will be hero or villain? and what colours will have?

Message 623 of 656 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Jul 25, 2012
I agree, Pete. Naughty Dog obviously doesn't realize what we want. It's like all they do is sign into the forums for 5 minutes and just look at a thread that has 30-49 kudos.
Message 624 of 656 (388 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Jul 25, 2012
I noticed that a lot of the things they denied adding into the game were from the beta. Their excuse was 'that was just a beta,' yet that was a FULL MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE!

Remember that Naughty Dog? Yeah, you did say that. Why does the FULL MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE have more features than the full game?

Your move.

~An Unusually Alchoholic Mountain Wombat
Message 625 of 656 (360 Views)
Wastelander
573 posts

Jul 25, 2012

RyuDavis94 wrote:

How about the Spyder Skin will be hero or villain? and what colours will have?

he will most likely be a hero, and about the colours, just wait and see for yourself mate. Smiley Wink

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 626 of 656 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Jul 25, 2012
Keshekki, they never said the beta was the full multiplayer experience. You are thinking of the subway thing, which had the same level of customisation as we do now.
Message 627 of 656 (301 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4799 posts

Jul 25, 2012

samuelcd1997 wrote:
Keshekki, they never said the beta was the full multiplayer experience. You are thinking of the subway thing, which had the same level of customisation as we do now.

I think he meant that the beta had a lot of cool features that the full version of the game didn't have, which is why it was a full multiplayer experience.

tlousig2
Message 628 of 656 (292 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1792 posts

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: July edition

Jul 25, 2012

Kayyay wrote:

Trick_2092 wrote:

Kayyay wrote:

Trick_2092 wrote:

Off topic, but good game the other day Kayyay!

I apologize for my friend, he kept raging and was trash talking. 

ummm...thanks? I wrote this in another thread, I honestly don't remember names when I play. So I'll take your kind words and give a Good Game back!

unless your friend is one of the many that's told me to go make a sandwich. A lot of guys do that. 

No lol, he was just complaining the whole match. 

We played on Airstrip in Hardcore Mode.

oh my gosh...I actually remember that!!! I was so miserable. I hate hardcore, all of my timing was way off. I think we were all just unhappy playing hardcore. plus I miss getting my kickback. I actually think that your friend and I were raging about the exact same stuff.

Yeah I don't really like Hardcore either, but I really want Talbot's FAL Smiley Very Happy

Hopefully ND will change Hardcore Mode into Classic Mode, that way the search for Talbot's FAL would be a lot more enjoyable.

Message 629 of 656 (201 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: July edition

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

curtainman1 wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

We will have new items and new colors for those new items. Pre-existing items won't have any new color options. It's how the customization system works in U3. The beta was just that- a beta. It was a testing place for what could work and we had to trim or add based on what worked for the multiplayer game. 

Does that mean adding colors is technically impossible? If so, then explain this ND.

Late-join glitch in co-op that allows us to use whatever colors we want for our character. So I don't see how adding more colors to pre-existing items wouldn't work.

df

n

n

Proof that these pictures weren't edited.

ND can't cover this one up.

And Sully's orange shirt is adorable. Smiley Tongue These are the kinda colours we need to make UC3 more relaxing lol.

Message 630 of 656 (180 Views)