Treasure Hunter
6646 posts

Re: ***UPDATED w/ Answers!***Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: July edition

Jul 23, 2012

ND, your players were kept happy in U2 through all the BS with constantly changing labs, and many multicash events to bribe us into playing. And as far as I can tell we were all pretty ok with that.

Message 381 of 656 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2389 posts

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: July edition

Jul 23, 2012

2. Can we please have an explanation about some characters skins missing in Uncharted 3? (Luxis)

We’ve done our best to get most of the UNCHARTED universe characters into the game. The major characters in all their various outfits were given priority and then we went with the characters that we felt fit best within the world of Uncharted 3. Also re-using some of the old model texture from earlier UNCHARTED games just wouldn’t work as well. That’s why there’s no Wetsuit Elena for instance. As for Rika, well she was in Eye of Indra and just part of that world. We want Uncharted 3 to have its own unique characters and appeal too!

Then make a new one, it's not like U3 skins are high quality like the ones in U2, how long would it take?   A day at the most?

Eye of Indra had nothing to do with U2, it was set before UDF, yet Rika made it into that game.  You also recorded new lines for her, which makes no sense what so ever if you had never planned to add her anyway.  

That's great you guys want unique characters in U3, add them, but there's nothing wrong with bringing back all the old ones...  Unless you want people to play U2 again, which I find highly unlikely for many reasons.  Cat Tongue

9.  Will villains be added to Co Op arena? (jjjkur )

We have no plans to add villains to co-op arena at this time. Our Fort Adventure DLC does feature villains as playable. 

This is a let down but I can understand, in Three Team Deathmatch it looks awkward when Elena and Flynn high-figh, it doesn't change the game play, but it doesn't feel right either.  But there's also the problem that co-op only players never get to use villains, how about Shade Mode lets you use villains and Arena lets you use Heroes?   Might also get more Shade Mode players too.

We aren't adding any doughnut female skins.

And now we wait for the woman rights groups.   Sexists! Cat LOL

Pepsi
Message 382 of 656 (540 Views)
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Re: ***UPDATED w/ Answers!***Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: July edition

Jul 23, 2012
Redshirt drake for dlc? Eric
Message 383 of 656 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1350 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

At least we won't be dissapointed once the patch arrives. We got a notice before-hand. Smiley Sad

(EDIT: Let's hope I'm wrong though! Smiley Indifferent)

Message 384 of 656 (504 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

IchigoKurimu wrote:

I don't like this new "most kudos gets question answered" system. It's more irritating than Naughty Dog just hand picking them.

What I want is just a simple answer to my questions, like the splitscreen customization glitch, and the cinema mode. And what about the release day old reload resetting glitch while in cover? Will these things ever be fixed?

No, because they're too small of issues for ND to tackle. All anyone on these forums want fixed is weapon balance. And that's the demand Naughty Dog has to meet. There are zero threads about those issues (which have been in the game since day -1) and are among the group of technical issues I've been referring to as of recently. Said technical issues going unfixed because some large part of the community wants their public games to go a certain way (i.e everybody using different weapons).

Which as I've said before, literally back in January, is an absurd goal.

Photobucket
Message 385 of 656 (490 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12476 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

SjShane wrote:

We have no plans to add villains to co-op arena at this time. Our Fort Adventure DLC does feature villains as playable. 

This is a let down but I can understand, in Three Team Deathmatch it looks awkward when Elena and Flynn high-figh, it doesn't change the game play, but it doesn't feel right either.  But there's also the problem that co-op only players never get to use villains, how about Shade Mode lets you use villains and Arena lets you use Heroes?   Might also get more Shade Mode players too.

It feels just fine to me. One of the nicest things about three team deathmatch (and free for all) is that players can play as whoever they want to play as and mix heroes with villains if they wish. In my honest opinion, there is nothing wrong with giving players freedom like this. If it feels awkward for some individuals then that is a shame because I can tell you right now that this is an absolute treat for others.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 386 of 656 (462 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6646 posts

Jul 23, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

IchigoKurimu wrote:

I don't like this new "most kudos gets question answered" system. It's more irritating than Naughty Dog just hand picking them.

What I want is just a simple answer to my questions, like the splitscreen customization glitch, and the cinema mode. And what about the release day old reload resetting glitch while in cover? Will these things ever be fixed?

No, because they're too small of issues for ND to tackle. All anyone on these forums want fixed is weapon balance. And that's the demand Naughty Dog has to meet. There are zero threads about those issues (which have been in the game since day -1) and are among the group of technical issues I've been referring to as of recently. Said technical issues going unfixed because some large part of the community wants their public games to go a certain way (i.e everybody using different weapons).

Which as I've said before, literally back in January, is an absurd goal.

I asked about the reload cancel caused by going into cover, the rolling speed, and a few other things but I still got ignored. This actually the second month I've posted those questions too. Grrr ND!!!

Message 387 of 656 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Jul 23, 2012

runner21 wrote:

At least we won't be dissapointed once the patch arrives. We got a notice before-hand. Smiley Sad

(EDIT: Let's hope I'm wrong though! Smiley Indifferent)

I think you (and many others) confused this with the 1.13 Patch Notes Part 2. 

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 388 of 656 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6646 posts

Jul 23, 2012

SweetPoison13 wrote:

SjShane wrote:

It feels just fine to me. One of the nicest things about three team deathmatch (and free for all) is that players can play as whoever they want to play as and mix heroes with villains if they wish. In my honest opinion, there is nothing wrong with giving players freedom like this. If it feels awkward for some individuals then that is a shame because I can tell you right now that this is an absolute treat for others.

I'll assume their reasoning is somewhere along the lines of: "Custom villains would look too much like the enemies" but even that is flimsy reasoning at best.

Message 389 of 656 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2389 posts

Jul 23, 2012

SweetPoison13 wrote:

SjShane wrote:

I too do like the freedom, there are many times I want to use my villain over my hero in Arena.  It's just the mix looks strange to me, in the story they're putting guns at each others heads then they work as team mates in MP.  That's not to say I wouldn't want this feature added, it would help keep Arena a little more fresh, as of now I'm done with the mode.  And if it's possible in TTDM it shouldn't be an issue for Co-op, but I see where ND is coming from, it's just that the logic fails due to their other modes, unless they just can't bothered to it.  

All in all, I'm for the idea. Cat Very Happy

Pepsi
Message 390 of 656 (585 Views)
0 Likes