Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: July edition

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

Blennerville wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

The PAX GMAL will be able made available but the Naughty Dog AK and NDI items won't be. 

what about the E3 AK or is that the same one ??, i just want a AK with clip size and reload speed

Just use weapon expert...

I really don't get the obsession over these guns (except ones that have three mods attached). They're nothing special at all and nobody will really see them and go "O dat dood has a kewl gun!" You can hardly tell the difference in appearance between character guns even (except the more obvious ones that are solid colors, like Eddy's AK or FAL, or Elena's G-MAL).

All in all, not surprised there's still no Wetsuit Elena or Rika. People really need to learn to drop that kind of thing and move on right now. Yes it's awful we got a Capture Trooper over those two (part of the unfinished and never will be finished Playstation Heroes skin pack for UC3... I love how that was stated in October at some of the early UC3 events) but in the end, no matter what right now, ND isn't going to give them to us.

If this doesn't end it, then... I don't know what to tell you doods. It's just another Elena, how can it ruin the game that much for you?

I've kept my expectations pretty low for this patch so I'm not as miffed. You only have yourself to blame for getting hyped tbh. ND loves to bring false hype just because something *new* is being done to UC3 (in this case, a patch). It's their job... they have to keep people interested in the game. It's only your fault when you believe in the hype they're creating. It's PR... what do you expect ND to do? Not hype anything and be all "hey guys, patch is coming." and stay silent for a month until it comes out and go "hey guys, patch is out. have fun." and then go silent again? (Technically, that's what they did in UC2 lol)

People demanded a little more communication, part of that is hyping things up for the game. If you can't control yourself a wee tiny bit, not buying into the hype their creating and such, then I don't know what to tell you other than it's your fault.

Photobucket
Message 371 of 656 (587 Views)
Survivor
2304 posts

Jul 23, 2012

canadian94eh wrote:

the treasure hunting is in the campaign and in co-op adventure, not competitive where you can play as the villians, the point of the competitive is to kill  the other team and to win objective based modes: that's what killzone had too, so there is nothing wrong with it, uncharted 2 had a chimera from resistance and nobody complained about that, why? because it was amazing!!!
i'm sorry that ND doesn't want to create boring characters like Rika Raja so people like you can jerk off to that flat asian package

would you rather see people running around as this ugly piece of **bleep**:  

or this badas s mother effer 

if you still think rika, move to somewhere in asia and you'll have your fill of rika rajas

Just throwing this out there, but this is the funniest post I've ever seen.

Lmfao. :smileylol:

watchdogs
Message 372 of 656 (574 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2322 posts

Jul 23, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Just throwing this out there, but this is the funniest post I've ever seen.

Lmfao. :smileylol:

lol thanks :smileyhappy:

Message 373 of 656 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2683 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

The PAX GMAL will be able made available but the Naughty Dog AK and NDI items won't be. 

what about the E3 AK or is that the same one ??, i just want a AK with clip size and reload speed

Just use weapon expert...

I really don't get the obsession over these guns (except ones that have three mods attached). They're nothing special at all and nobody will really see them and go "O dat dood has a kewl gun!" You can hardly tell the difference in appearance between character guns even (except the more obvious ones that are solid colors, like Eddy's AK or FAL, or Elena's G-MAL).

All in all, not surprised there's still no Wetsuit Elena or Rika. People really need to learn to drop that kind of thing and move on right now. Yes it's awful we got a Capture Trooper over those two (part of the unfinished and never will be finished Playstation Heroes skin pack for UC3... I love how that was stated in October at some of the early UC3 events) but in the end, no matter what right now, ND isn't going to give them to us.

If this doesn't end it, then... I don't know what to tell you doods. It's just another Elena, how can it ruin the game that much for you?

I've kept my expectations pretty low for this patch so I'm not as miffed. You only have yourself to blame for getting hyped tbh. ND loves to bring false hype just because something *new* is being done to UC3 (in this case, a patch). It's their job... they have to keep people interested in the game. It's only your fault when you believe in the hype they're creating. It's PR... what do you expect ND to do? Not hype anything and be all "hey guys, patch is coming." and stay silent for a month until it comes out and go "hey guys, patch is out. have fun." and then go silent again? (Technically, that's what they did in UC2 lol)

People demanded a little more communication, part of that is hyping things up for the game. If you can't control yourself a wee tiny bit, not buying into the hype their creating and such, then I don't know what to tell you other than it's your fault.

use weapons expert - good one lol - do you think id use up a booster slot to get reload speed + clip size, your mad :smileylol:, as you said its nothing special so why should i have to use weapons expert, id be getting no benefit at all, (now if they added a ROF mod :smileytongue:) - jades M9 has clip size and reload speed why shouldnt we have the same option for the AK ??

Message 374 of 656 (552 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2202 posts

Jul 23, 2012

6. Can we have some Special Holiday Event weekends, like Uncharted 2? (scoobycool)

We plan to have some community events for Uncharted 3 over the coming months. We’ll be sure to have details up once they’re ready.  We will not, unfortunately, have events with special skins akin to Uncharted 2. The effort in getting 1.13 completed and having two teams means we need to move resources in order to make awesome stuff for the future outside of Uncharted 3.

Proof for those of you who are deluded enough to believe the Last of Us has not affected UC3.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 375 of 656 (543 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

Trawnza wrote:

Julys Answers!

Hey Uncharted community!  Within reason, we’ll be looking for the questions with the most kudos to answer every month from here on out. We did our best to answer questions with the most kudos this month as well.  Also, we went up to 11 since last month’s #10 was a goofy one. Here ya go:

1. Do you plan on eveadding Classic Mode? (Fakehound)

There are intentions of changing Hardcore mode into a gametype similar to Uncharted 2.  Once 1.13 is out and done, we’ll turn our attention to this.  However, we can’t promise this is going to happen. If does happen it will not have separate hit boxes.

with all do respect to Fakehound and the people that want Classic mode, I really don't want it to replace Hardcore mode, Hardcore is my fav mode in Uncharted 3 (even though it is not my most played mode). I really like the mode and I don't want it to be removed/replaced.

it is not like it is impossible to add the mode to matchmaking... and if replacing a mode with it is the only way we can see classic mode, the Replace modes that people don't play and care about, and I am looking at Co-op hunter arena.

co-op hunter arena is just a complete broken down mess. it is unbalanced and ND does not plan to even FIX IT! . so replace that garbage with Classic mode and keep Hardcore mode.

2. Can we please have an explanation about some characters skins missing in Uncharted 3? (Luxis)

We’ve done our best to get most of the UNCHARTED universe characters into the game. The major characters in all their various outfits were given priority and then we went with the characters that we felt fit best within the world of Uncharted 3. Also re-using some of the old model texture from earlier UNCHARTED games just wouldn’t work as well. That’s why there’s no Wetsuit Elena for instance. As for Rika, well she was in Eye of Indra and just part of that world. We want Uncharted 3 to have its own unique characters and appeal too!

ok fair enough, so you can't re-use old model texture from earlier Uncharted games, but you're ready to create a whole NEW models? umm, the doughnut skins? the Capture trooper? the rouge skins?

ND for the loveUncharted, Just please listen to your god **bleep** community and players and give them what the want.

Instead of wasting time, effort and production resources on "Creating new models" for skins that nobody even asked and cared for, why didn't you spend that time, effort and production resources on "creating new models" for skin that people wanted, asked, begged and cared for? 

Like seriously? Your logic is just below ZERO...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 376 of 656 (533 Views)
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jul 23, 2012

I don't like this new "most kudos gets question answered" system. It's more irritating than Naughty Dog just hand picking them.

What I want is just a simple answer to my questions, like the splitscreen customization glitch, and the cinema mode. And what about the release day old reload resetting glitch while in cover? Will these things ever be fixed?

At least Eric answered my  doughnut female question as an extra. :smileyhappy: But it was a depressing answer.... :smileysad:

Why didn't you, Naughty Dog, already plan ahead and think maybe people want doughnut ladies? At least doughnut Marlowe! Jeez! I'm pretty sure you even stated when the first doughnut pack came out that it was Doughnut Skin Pack #1.

So where's #2?

Can you not have doughnut females because you're afraid the women of the world will get mad at you for making fat female characters or something?

Message 377 of 656 (503 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Re: ***UPDATED w/ Answers!***Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: July edition

Jul 23, 2012
The stupidity in this thread is off the charts.

Anyways, good answers Naughty Dog. For lEvilDeadl's question, you could have created an error report functionality which sends the Internet configuration settings of all users involved in the compatibility error back to you guys.
Ain't nothin' to it, gangsta rap made me do it.
Message 378 of 656 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Re: ***UPDATED w/ Answers!***Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: July edition

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012

Looks like we will have to pay for the most upcoming costumization.. we were promised so much.. what did we get? near nothing.. now we might get it.. for extra charge probably.. Well.. More money to ND.

Be kind to each other.
Message 379 of 656 (611 Views)
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Also, classic mode excited people, don't get TOO excited yet. They didn't say it was coming for sure.

Naughty Dog wrote:

There are intentions of changing Hardcore mode into a gametype similar to Uncharted 2.  Once 1.13 is out and done, we’ll turn our attention to this.  However, we can’t promise this is going to happen. If does happen it will not have separate hit boxes.

It apparently was their intention to have AWESOME customization from day one, and have Rika and Pinkerton in the game. But we all know the results of those intentions, right?

Message 380 of 656 (591 Views)
0 Likes