Naughty Dog Developer
594 posts

Re: Q&A with the Naughty Dog Developers - September edition.

Sep 12, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

xXGoldenArthurXx wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

"5th legacy will be the cap. For the sake of matchmaking we will be making changes in patch 1.15 that will treat each level of Legacy as 5 additional levels. So, for example, if you are Legacy 5 you will be marked as level 100 although you won’t see that. We never had levels 76-99 in the game and we won’t be including those."

___

So does that mean that

1-75 = 1-75

Legacy 1 = 76-80

Legacy 2 = 81-85

Legacy 3 = 86-90

Legacy 4 = 91-95

Legacy 5 = 96-100?

That would actually make sense. Hopefully that answered my question and works out well!

But, the only thing idk is that, is that going to apply in all modes (TDM-Lab-3TDM) ?

Yes, It's basically their awnser to my question. I know, it's very vague but you can get the idea. It reads Legacy ranks, think of it that way. At least I hope it does!

It's all under the hood. You won't see those levels but that's how the matchmaking system will use the legacy levels. 

Message 221 of 299 (679 Views)
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

xXGoldenArthurXx wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

"5th legacy will be the cap. For the sake of matchmaking we will be making changes in patch 1.15 that will treat each level of Legacy as 5 additional levels. So, for example, if you are Legacy 5 you will be marked as level 100 although you won’t see that. We never had levels 76-99 in the game and we won’t be including those."

___

So does that mean that

1-75 = 1-75

Legacy 1 = 76-80

Legacy 2 = 81-85

Legacy 3 = 86-90

Legacy 4 = 91-95

Legacy 5 = 96-100?

That would actually make sense. Hopefully that answered my question and works out well!

But, the only thing idk is that, is that going to apply in all modes (TDM-Lab-3TDM) ?

Yes, It's basically their awnser to my question. I know, it's very vague but you can get the idea. It reads Legacy ranks, think of it that way. At least I hope it does!

It's all under the hood. You won't see those levels but that's how the matchmaking system will use the legacy levels. 

You are my new hero. Right next to Dwayne the Rock Johnson.

Message 222 of 299 (668 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Re: ***UPDATED WITH ANSWERS*** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Developers - September edition.

Sep 12, 2012

Keshekki wrote:

Hey Eric . . . why are we unable to keep the tournament rewards? I think that we should keep the rewards from x week, and every week you add new rewards to keep people paying playing, and it would keep the game new and interesting with new rewards.

Bump - I would really like a response.

~An Unusually Alchoholic Mountain Wombat
Message 223 of 299 (666 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4795 posts

Re: ***UPDATED WITH ANSWERS*** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Developers - September edition.

Sep 12, 2012
Hey Eric, I know it isn't a part of this months QnA, but can you tell us what exactly how many new colors you guys are adding later on?
tlousig2
Message 224 of 299 (657 Views)
MVP Support
12432 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

Naughty Dog Development Team wrote:

6. Have you guys ever considered adding more character dialogue to your MP to make it even more lively? (StardustSpeedway)

The dialogue we have in the multiplayer is capped for resource and technical reasons. Mostly so we have resource room to add other elements to multiplayer. Also, once we are done with the actors, it’s a real challenge getting back into the studio. The scheduling required to execute the amount of dialog we have in the game is quite tight and once we do a series of sessions, we pretty much done!

What about the sound files that have already been recorded or obtained but have not been implemented? If additional dialogue turned out to be something that many people would "support" then would it be possible to raise the cap that is currently in place for this?

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 225 of 299 (657 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

Raiinbow_Dash wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

xXGoldenArthurXx wrote:

4. Since you guys at ND removed the 76-99 levels, is it possible to have them after reaching 5th legacy? (xXGoldenArthurXx)

5th legacy will be the cap. For the sake of matchmaking we will be making changes in patch 1.15 that will treat each level of Legacy as 5 additional levels. So, for example, if you are Legacy 5 you will be marked as level 100 although you won’t see that. We never had levels 76-99 in the game and we won’t be including those.

Eric, could you explain me again this? Its a bit confusing, could you be more specific? How am I going to be marked as level 100? (Yes, I am level 75 - Legacy 5) Answer please.

you won't be marked at all. You won't see it. It's all under the hood. 

But it'll be used as a matchmaking tool, correct?

yes, exactly. It'll be used a matchmaking tool. 

Eric, basically it's a toggle to be level 100?...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 226 of 299 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

thelegendaryD wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

Raiinbow_Dash wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

xXGoldenArthurXx wrote:

4. Since you guys at ND removed the 76-99 levels, is it possible to have them after reaching 5th legacy? (xXGoldenArthurXx)

5th legacy will be the cap. For the sake of matchmaking we will be making changes in patch 1.15 that will treat each level of Legacy as 5 additional levels. So, for example, if you are Legacy 5 you will be marked as level 100 although you won’t see that. We never had levels 76-99 in the game and we won’t be including those.

Eric, could you explain me again this? Its a bit confusing, could you be more specific? How am I going to be marked as level 100? (Yes, I am level 75 - Legacy 5) Answer please.

No... It well help the system pair everyone up with a more fair team. Basically if you're Lv 75 and playing alone, you won't get stuck with completely weak/negative players.

Edit: Why would you tag Eric's post with "troll"? That is so immature and VERY disrespectful... 

Message 227 of 299 (636 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Sep 12, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

thelegendaryD wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

Raiinbow_Dash wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

xXGoldenArthurXx wrote:

No... It well help the system pair everyone up with a more fair team. Basically if you're Lv 75 and playing alone, you won't get stuck with completely weak/negative players.

Edit: Why would you tag Eric's post with "troll"? That is so immature and VERY disrespectful... 

Because it feels like trolling. =/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 228 of 299 (599 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Eric, i want to keep the golden guns just like people will keep the Djinn.

I'd pay. for Wetsuit Elena.

Message 229 of 299 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Sep 12, 2012

renatabls wrote:

for Wetsuit Elena.

We all would, yo. >:3

Message 230 of 299 (570 Views)
0 Likes