I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Re: **Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: February Edition**

Feb 11, 2013

IzunaShisui wrote:

Dear Naughty Dog,

What did you smoke when creating this game? 

They smoked Call of Duty.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 161 of 211 (1,130 Views)
Highlighted
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Hey guys!

This thead is now locked. I'll post the replies when I get them! Smiley Happy

Message 162 of 211 (1,053 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

“Will you keep supporting U3 after TLoU releases?” – renatabls

Absolutely, just check out the Lab Calendar on your stats page. We have more Block Mesh Lab Maps that will likely arrive after TLOU releases. We’ll be changing things around and continuing to support Uncharted 3 for as long as possible. We love seeing all the strong community and player involvement and want it to flourish.

“Is there something that you learned from this Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience that influenced The Last of Us multiplayer as well, making it a bit more balanced and better planned?” – Luxis

We learned a ton about multiplayer from Uncharted 3 and we’re taking all those lessons into multiplayer for The Last of Us. Once we reveal what The Last of Us multiplayer is you’ll see some of those ideas and that learning.  

“How difficult is it to patch/fix something, I'm not asking in a snide matter I honestly want to know” - JayJay2515

It all depends on what that something is. A patch is never just a simple fix. Every change to the game will affect another aspect of the game. There are technical issues that can arise. There are memory issues that can arise. You always need time to test and re-test and test again to make it runs as smoothly as possible before releasing something public.

“Can we have more frequent rare treasure drop weekends? One weekend of every month or 2 months perhaps?” - awsome_robot

We are trying to keep a balance of maintaining that certain treasures are truly rare along with giving people the ability to earn them. We will be adding more rare treasure drop events and weekends in the coming months.

“Have you guys ever considered changing some of the Power Plays in TDM, specifically Marked Man?” - StardustSpeedway

The Power Plays are meant to give distinct advantages during gameplay. We evaluated what works best for the match types and feel we have a good set in place. We will continue to monitor the balance of this.

“Can you please change ( tone down ) the recoil for at least all the rifles in UC3 MP to near the levels of UC3 campaign, and re-implement the "burst" mechanic in the MP along with some explanations for your responses?” - B_Smiley

We went through a lot of tuning of the experience of shooting guns in multiplayer and continue to refine it. We feel the recoil works well to serve the multiplayer and its gameplay. The burst mechanic was tweaked due to player exploitation. We feel this is more balanced now as well.

“Scoped In Gold still gives minimal pain wobble, despite the description for Gold saying that there's no pain wobble. Will this be fixed?” – TeabagMcFrag

We will look into this and see if it’s something we can fix.

“Do you have any jobs going?” - AliMakaveli

All the time! We’re looking for the best of the best. Look here: Naughty Dog careers.

“Can you explain in thorough detail how exactly does the host selection algorithm work? Which criteria do you use?” - tapantaola

We’re not explaining this publically. It’s something we don’t want to be exploited.

“Why won't you guys drop the price on your over priced Maps Packs??” - wycliff_12

We plan to have price breaks, discounts, sales, and other deals coming for the Map Packs in the future. 

Message 163 of 211 (469 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Trawnza wrote:

Absolutely, just check out the Lab Calendar on your stats page. We have more Block Mesh Lab Maps that will likely arrive after TLOU releases. We’ll be changing things around and continuing to support Uncharted 3 for as long as possible. We love seeing all the strong community and player involvement and want it to flourish.

my god!!!, ye answered that last time - "as long as ye keep playing we will keep supporting" if that rings any bells - good one though i almost believe it Smiley Tongue.

Message 164 of 211 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

“Have you guys ever considered changing some of the Power Plays in TDM, specifically Marked Man?” - StardustSpeedway

The Power Plays are meant to give distinct advantages during gameplay. We evaluated what works best for the match types and feel we have a good set in place. We will continue to monitor the balance of this.

Smiley Very Happy....... Smiley Very Happy.......Smiley Very Happy

Message 165 of 211 (460 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

“Scoped In Gold still gives minimal pain wobble, despite the description for Gold saying that there's no pain wobble. Will this be fixed?” – TeabagMcFrag

We will look into this and see if it’s something we can fix.

“Do you have any jobs going?” - AliMakaveli

All the time! We’re looking for the best of the best. Look here: Naughty Dog careers.

“Can you explain in thorough detail how exactly does the host selection algorithm work? Which criteria do you use?” - tapantaola

We’re not explaining this publically. It’s something we don’t want to be exploited.

“Why won't you guys drop the price on your over priced Maps Packs??” - wycliff_12

We plan to have price breaks, discounts, sales, and other deals coming for the Map Packs in the future. 

now real thought and effort went into those answers didnt it.

Message 166 of 211 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Feb 23, 2013
all in all another great Q & A, i really hope we have another - there is so much usefull information communicated.
Message 167 of 211 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

Seriously?!

Do you know that parties can exploit it very easily already? As long as someone doesn't have NAT Type 3 (2 & 1 are OK) he can be the leader of a party of 5 and he will be the host 99% of the time! Yes, I've tested it myself plenty of times. The party leader can XMB sign out and everyone will be kicked!

It doesn't matter if he doesn't have the best connection in the lobby; he will still be the host!

So, why does that happen? Why party leaders get a priority when it comes to hosting duties? Why don't you let the best connection to host the match?

If you don't want to respond publically, I'd appreciate a PM at least. Keeping us in the dark won't do you any good, that's for sure...

ps: ShadowMan4 had asked long time ago what do these gray bars mean and a ND dev gave the same response "I can't answer that, because it will be exploited". How come EvangM told us during the Subway beta that gray bars indicate your latency to the host's connection?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 168 of 211 (474 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
594 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Blennerville wrote:
Trawnza wrote:

my god!!!, ye answered that last time - "as long as ye keep playing we will keep supporting" if that rings any bells - good one though i almost believe it Smiley Tongue.

Next week is going to really open up our love for you guys and gals and what you do with multiplayer. Smiley Happy

Message 169 of 211 (421 Views)
Naughty Paw
20180 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Eric-ND wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
Trawnza wrote:

Next week is going to really open up our love for you guys and gals and what you do with multiplayer. Smiley Happy

Colors confirmed

Message 170 of 211 (395 Views)