Reply
Oct 14 2012
By: The_Space_Cadet1 First Son 10 posts
Offline

UC3 stairs

26 replies 324 views Edited Oct 14, 2012
In uncharted 2 multiplayer when you ran up stairs or where running down stairs it would show a animation that you also get when playing single player. Would you bring that to UC3? It would add a lot more detail to the multiplayer
Message 1 of 27 (324 Views)
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
20306 posts
 

Re: UC3 stairs

Oct 14, 2012
While it was discussed and questioned in the past, I think ND said that it disrupted the flow of the game or something. Can't quite recall, but their reasoning was something like that, I think.
Message 2 of 27 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/24/2011
Offline
4384 posts
 

Re: UC3 stairs

Oct 14, 2012
I think ND say it's a technical issue. Plus, it slows the players down.
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 3 of 27 (319 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
20306 posts
 

Re: UC3 stairs

Oct 14, 2012

FredFai wrote:
I think ND say it's a technical issue. Plus, it slows the players down.

 

I wouldn't call it a "technical issue" in the slightest. I think ND would be able to make a simple stair walk animation if they wanted to for the MP. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 27 (314 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
1011 posts
 

Re: UC3 stairs

Oct 14, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

FredFai wrote:
I think ND say it's a technical issue. Plus, it slows the players down.

 

I wouldn't call it a "technical issue" in the slightest. I think ND would be able to make a simple stair walk animation if they wanted to for the MP. Smiley Wink


Yeah they must've been thinking: "Now about those stairs... How about we say screw it because that would required work just to slow down players" with all the other features in this game, stair animations from single player aren't even worth mentioning. But isn't there an almost unnoticeable animation? I haven't played for a while and when I do, staring at animations isn't top priority.

Message 5 of 27 (304 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
20306 posts
 

Re: UC3 stairs

Oct 14, 2012

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

FredFai wrote:
I think ND say it's a technical issue. Plus, it slows the players down.

 

I wouldn't call it a "technical issue" in the slightest. I think ND would be able to make a simple stair walk animation if they wanted to for the MP. Smiley Wink


Yeah they must've been thinking: "Now about those stairs... How about we say screw it because that would required work just to slow down players" with all the other features in this game, stair animations from single player aren't even worth mentioning. But isn't there an almost unnoticeable animation? I haven't played for a while and when I do, staring at animations isn't top priority.


 

I'd say they dropped it because it slowed down players and may have interfered with sprinting.

Message 6 of 27 (299 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Offline
11297 posts
 

Re: UC3 stairs

Oct 14, 2012

Stairs is Claptrap's only weakness. Next to electrocution and explosives, and gunfire, rust, corrosion, being kicked a lot, viruses, being called bad names, falling from great heights, drowning, adult onset diabetes, being looked at funny, heart attacks, exposure to oxygen, being turned down by women, and pet allergens!

Message 7 of 27 (283 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
1011 posts
 

Re: UC3 stairs

Oct 14, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

FredFai wrote:
I think ND say it's a technical issue. Plus, it slows the players down.

 

I wouldn't call it a "technical issue" in the slightest. I think ND would be able to make a simple stair walk animation if they wanted to for the MP. Smiley Wink


Yeah they must've been thinking: "Now about those stairs... How about we say screw it because that would required work just to slow down players" with all the other features in this game, stair animations from single player aren't even worth mentioning. But isn't there an almost unnoticeable animation? I haven't played for a while and when I do, staring at animations isn't top priority.


 

I'd say they dropped it because it slowed down players and may have interfered with sprinting.


Yeah I was about to say the sprinting thing but I didn't want to look like an idiot and be wrong, I literally typed that out and deleted it. But there are really plenty of animations, as there is so it wouldn't have been trouble to animate. I've shown my 360 COD freinds Uncharted MP and they're amazed at how everything plays and looks, hell they love the look and I'm forced to play in SD at the moment, they'd die seeing HD.

Message 8 of 27 (280 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
20306 posts
 

Re: UC3 stairs

Oct 14, 2012

renatabls wrote:

Stairs is Claptrap's only weakness. Next to electrocution and explosives, and gunfire, rust, corrosion, being kicked a lot, viruses, being called bad names, falling from great heights, drowning, adult onset diabetes, being looked at funny, heart attacks, exposure to oxygen, being turned down by women, and pet allergens!


 

"aha, I ASCEND!!!"

 

Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 27 (278 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
2414 posts
 

Re: UC3 stairs

Oct 14, 2012

renatabls wrote:

Stairs is Claptrap's only weakness. Next to electrocution and explosives, and gunfire, rust, corrosion, being kicked a lot, viruses, being called bad names, falling from great heights, drowning, adult onset diabetes, being looked at funny, heart attacks, exposure to oxygen, being turned down by women, and pet allergens!


wut

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 10 of 27 (273 Views)
Reply
0 Likes