Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 04 2012
By: Hastatus_Atratus Sackboy 550 posts

UC3 is a dreadfully antisocial multiplayer game.

37 replies 995 views Edited Oct 4, 2012

The more I play UC3 the more I miss MGO. Everything that made me fall in love with online shooters is just absent from most other online games I’ve played and Uncharted is by far the worst. The developers simply put no thought into anything to facilitate the making of friends or clans.

1)      First the matchmaking is world wide and puts players together who don’t understand each other most of the time, even if they do happen to have mics. I miss being locked into Region 1 where knowing three languages was enough.

2)      There is no accurate level system to measure skill, so even though I’m on par with many legacy 5 level 75s, I refuse to legacy so I look like a dumb newbie. Then there’s all this crap with co-op being included in the levels so players look good, but suck at competitive.

3)      The clan system is the biggest joke of all. Bracket a few letters and a bracket IS NOT A CLAN SYSTEM; it’s developers being extremely lazy…ooo look at those abbreviations *sticks finger in throat and gags*. In MGO players had actual clan names that showed up in full (I belonged to Run Amok); they had personally created emblems; there were private clan chat room forums; clans actually belonged to a clan list of up to 50 members which was in-game so you could see who was on and they didn’t need to all be on your friend’s list. MGO even had a personal friend’s list…yes you had a clan list and a friend list within the actual game that was not tied to your PSN friend list. Hell you even had an enemies list…lol which would prevent receiving of personal messages or would block them from any room you created in the lobby. Yes the game had an in-game personal messaging system.

4)      Lobbies created more friends than this random generated world-wide crapshoot and you could play on DLC maps anytime you wanted. The death of lobbies was the death of fun online social multiplayer.

5)      Communication was important. Mics would only allow people on the same team to hear each other before matches so you could strategize. If you wanted to communicate with the other team, you used the in-game text chat which had the option to be team only or everyone. That’s right in-game text chat. Press select and type away without needing Skype or PSN.

Uncharted has almost no communication system besides mics, no clan system, no friend system. The more I think about it the more I think PSN is what is ruining online games. Developers are lazy greedy people with no imagination who just piggy-back on the less than adequate PSN system. Konami was king. I miss innovative multiplayer developers who understand what friends are and how people make them. Uncharted is so depressingly antisocial. I’m so ashamed that no developer who speaks my language has any clue what people really need.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 38 (995 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Re: UC3 is a dreadfully antisocial multiplayer game.

Oct 4, 2012
What was MGO? :/
I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 38 (992 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18449 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Crimsonine wrote:
What was MGO? :/

Oh boy...

Metal Gear Online

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 38 (989 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Metal Gear Online was a hassle... Would've been so much easier if they used Playstation Network instead of that crap. But yeah, I've made a thread before about the friends list in game and other additions to socialize. If only ND would listen... As for clans, any Call of Duty before Modern Warfare 3 had it the same as Uncharted 3. But they weren't laggy for good connections (except blops), and had locked matchmaking as far as I could see.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 38 (963 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Konami did the right thing so well that they shut down their own game.

PSN clearly is a better alternative, I'd like to be able to play my game rather than have to throw it in the unplayable pile.

I do miss region locks though. I'm so confused to why the game thinks UK and JAPAN are logical connectivity solutions.

Lobbying isn't needed. Better matchmaking is needed. Halo games have been doing this right for many years. Only now with it's 129 players in a playlist is lag creeping in to Halo 3. Even then for some unearthly reason it's not half as laggy as Uncharted.

Lobbies for conversations? I don't play to converse with people. I load up a game to play it. If I happen to end up in a conversation so be it, but that isn't an objective of mine.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 38 (938 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Different strokes for different folks I guess. You're not going to get anything really meaningful out of this game, socially, unless you played UC2 first and made early friends there, who then would move on with you to UC3.

By now, yeah, it's def. impossible to find anyone you can really sort of "connect" to and such. But it's practically a year later so what do you expect?

Additionally, you can just press "Mute All" if you don't want the other team to hear you in-game. When you mute people, not only do you not hear them but they also don't hear you anymore. Probably the only change ND made post-release everyone can agree on was a good decision, sadly. =\

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 38 (930 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Oct 4, 2012
But some people seem to break through the mute barrier by screaming loudly :smileysad:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 38 (912 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5848 posts

Oct 4, 2012

ahh MGO...

filled with lagswitchers, glitchers, and booster rooms like crazy.

yet, it was still amazingly fun to play.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 38 (892 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

Lobbies for conversations? I don't play to converse with people. I load up a game to play it. If I happen to end up in a conversation so be it, but that isn't an objective of mine.

My thoughts exactly. If I really wanted to talk to people so badly I'd go to an acutal chatroom/video conference/whatever.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 38 (849 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
550 posts

Oct 4, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

My thoughts exactly. If I really wanted to talk to people so badly I'd go to an acutal chatroom/video conference/whatever.

Doesn't sound like either of you even know what gaming lobbies are or how they work on a social level. With good lobbies you could play more quickly and continuously than you can with this current match-making system. The current match-making system is designed for the antisocial. It reduces quality to ensure everyone gets a mediocre experience, while lobbies allowed some people to have much higher quality experiences. Unfortunately for the antisocial **bleep** it removed good people from being their victims, so they were unhappy about not being able to play so developers have forced good people to play with bad people (adjectives referring to attitudes, not skill).

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 38 (834 Views)
0 Likes