Oct 06 2012
By: JD-- Fender Bender 2290 posts

UC3 MP/Co-op Patch Information SEPARATED!

25 replies 874 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

MP:

1.01.005 (live update)

• Restored Dual PSN Login functionality for splitscreen players

1.02.005 (Patch 1.01)

• Fixes an issue with the new Sony Simulview 3D TVs and Uncharted 3 3D mode

1.02.006 (live update)

• Matchmaking will now make more attempts at placing players in games with opponents of a similar level

1.02.009 (live update)

• Killzone DLC added to game; Shock Trooper skin, Helghast helmet and ISA helmet

1.03.009 (patch)

Multiplayer

General

• Settings bug fixed: all controls being set to flipped mode setting will no longer change all controls back to default

Gameplay

• Medal streaks won’t reset if the host migrates to another user
  • Blindfire targeting adjusted so that opposing players past a certain vertical angle above and below won’t be hit.
  • Allow grenade throw while scoped
  • Tuned Pull Down range from 1.5 meters to 2.0 meters
  • Lowered the player running speed when players run ‘n gun by approximately 15%
  • Slightly increased the turn radius of run ‘n gun
  • Slightly decreased the turning speed during Sprint

• Fixed several cinema crashes
  • Locked fast-forwarding on convoy sequence in Airstrip TDM and train sequence on London Underground TDM to 3x maximum in Cinema Mode
  • Fixed certain cameras in Kick Offs and Pull Downs
  • Fixed a late join skin bug with locked content
  • Fixed a split-screen Buddy treasure pickup bug
  • Fixed duplicate medal problem causing bad tabulation of a few medals to the player’s career stats

User Interface

• Added a Facebook Sign Out option
  • Added the Add Friend functionality in the Facebook tab
  • Fixed voice icon for mics not appearing in Matchmaking lobby
  • Adding missing weapon stats tracking for certain weapons that were not being recorded to the player stats
  • Fix for not displaying the entire Online ID within the “Players” column of any leaderboard.
  • Fix for a user having an online ID containing fifteen or more characters created in uppercase format and actively using a voice comm device.
  • Server

• Matchmaking now waits for double the number of players in the biggest party in the room to be present before starting a game (to prevent parties from being split frequently)
    • Players no longer able to join party that is already in Matchmaking

1.03.010 (live update)

• Reverted an accidental change to the strafe setting; value is now exactly what it was pre-1.02

1.03.015 (live update)

• Change to Quick Boom kickback medal cost (previously 7 medals, now 10 medals)
    • Change to Creepy Crawler medal cost (previously 17 medals, now 15 medals)

1.03.019 (live update)

• Added more anti-cheat regions throughout various maps
    • Change to FAL-SS shot damage (previously 4 shots to body to down an opponent, now 5 shots)

1.04.020 (live update) 2/7/12

• Adjusted medal costs on QuickBoom and Creepy Crawler kickbacks to correct values

1.04.021 (live update) 2/7/12

• Adjusted QuickBoom kickback timer to correct value

1.05.026 (Patch 1.05) 2/21/12

• Integrated bandwidth testing for hosts, so only hosts with optimum connections will be permitted to become game hosts (will help improve gameplay experience for everyone)
  • Fixed an issue in which, under some circumstances, some players of a party would be left in the lobby while others went into Matchmaking and played matches

1.05.028 (live update) 2/22/12

Users in the EU and Asia have been affected by a glitch on the Plaza map that will drop the player into the level geometry when they enter into a certain alleyway on the map. We are issuing a fix for this map that will be live immediately. Here are the details:

For Competitive Modes

• We have added a stack of cars to prevent players from accessing the affected area

1.06.037 (patch) 2/29/12

MULTIPLAYER

GAMEPLAY

• Players can now consistently earn the Return To Sender medal
  • Players can now consistently earn the Hot Potato medal
  • Players are now able to melee when automatically reloading a gun
  • Players can no longer throw grenades while carrying an object

TECHINCAL

• Mute functionality has been improved; players should no longer be able to hear the other player on either side of the mute action
  • Fixed an exploit with thrown objects being used to escape the level boundaries
  • In Elimination in TDM, players will no longer initially spawn in the last location their buddy spawned
  • SERVER

• Late-joiners to multiplayer games no longer have a new set of power weapons when entering a game
    • Fixed a rare issue in which certain users were inappropriately kicked out of a non-DLC matchmaking game

1.07.040 (patch) 3/6/12

• Upon connecting to Multiplayer, the game checks for ‘old’ version of Flashback Map Pack #2 (EU users only) and displays a message asking the player to download the Map Pack from the PSN Store
  • Prevents EU users from playing on Flashback Map Pack #2 maps, if they have not already downloaded the correct, new version
  • Added code that allows Naughty Dog to make additional live updates to map content

1.07.041 (live update) 3/6/12

• Removed cars that were blocking an alley on Plaza in competitive modes to prevent an exploit on the EU version (since fixed)

• Fixed a deathplane on Sanctuary that would kill a player while jumping to a valid location
  • Adjusted several deathplanes to prevent exploitation
  •  

1.07.042 (live update)

• changed Mega Bomb kickback from 14 medals to 10 to activate
    • Fleet Foot speed levels adjusted
    • increasing the cost of all four paid boosters
    • Ping and Bargain now cost 100K. Untraceable now costs 35K. Explosive Expert now costs 25K
    • changed Shotgun kickback cost increased by +2 medals
    • changed Creepy Crawler kickback cost lowered by -1 medal

1.08(patch) 4-9-12

Multiplayer

Gameplay

• Cloaked level 3 booster better masks the player’s sounds when equipped
  • Increased default Tau Sniper ammo total to 18
  • Fixed certain regions on Ruins and Facility maps where a thrown Plunder or Treasure Hunter idol would not respawn

• Players can no longer join the party of a player that is viewing a Cinema file

User Interface

• DLC Toggle added to the Options menu

1.09.045 (patch) 4/9/12

Multiplayer

Gameplay

• G-MAL stopping power reduced by 50%
  • Shield’s health increased by 18%
  • Auto aim while jumping reduced on double-barrel shotguns
  • Bullet spread for AK-47 tightened by ~10%

General

• All cinema files captured pre patch 1.09 are no longer accessible

Server

• Updated the server-side to allow for live updates to weapon functionality
  • CINEMA FILES NOTE: All cinema files created pre-patch 1.09 will no longer be available

1.09.046 (patch) 4/9/12

• Changed the DLC matchmaking filter to search for Drake's Deception Map Pack maps

1.09.046 (live update) 4/13/12

• Added deathplanes to Ship Graveyard to prevent an exploit
  • Added Plunder and Treasure Hunter idol reset regions to Ship Graveyard

1.11.054 (patch) 5/25/12

• The Lab returns and we begin the playlist with a T-bolt/Pistole only map. We will be rolling out other game types as the year progresses
    • The Lab will contain treasure drops from whatever the base game type is (the T-bolt/Pistole map is considered Team Deathmatch)
  • Elimination Mode has been added
    • Elimination mode will contain treasure drops from Team Deathmatch
  • Message of the Day returns – a daily message will pop up with news, tips, and other information
  • The following custom game settings are now available via a menu in Custom Game mode called “Advanced Settings”
    • Respawn Time
    • Buddy Spawning toggle
    • Health Multiplier – by percentage
    • Sprinting toggle
    • Weapon Mode (Default, Basic Weapons, Pistols, RPG-7)
    • Medal Kickbacks toggle
    • Boosters toggle
    • Grenade Throw Back toggle
  • If you leave a game, disconnect, or turn off your PS3 mid-game, it will be counted as a loss
  • Kill and deaths no longer count towards your career stats in Plunder and Team Objective modes
  • The technical hooks to make the Game of the Year edition (EU) work properly with DLC were added
  • The Long Ranger Medal can now be earned by achieving 3 kills at 50 meters in a match instead of 3 kills at 70 meters
  • In Team Deathmatch mode the Airstrip and London maps now are listed with “No Intro” variations. If these variations are selected you’ll start those maps with no convoy events
  • If your language is Greek, the Message of the Day will be static until the next patch update. We are getting some technical issues ironed out regarding the Greek language Message of the Day and that should be updated in the next patch. We will also be rolling out some minor live updates that you may or may not notice. We'll let you know as these happen if they will affect your gameplay experience

1.12.054 (patch) 5/29/12

• Patch 1.12 contains a technical fix that eliminates all cinema files recorded prior to patch 1.11. It will delete all local and online cinema files to alleviate a problem caused by pre-1.11 cinema files being viewed on Patch 1.11

GAMEPLAY CHANGES

• Increased recoil has been added to the G-MAL
  • Deathmatch will now appear in round 5 instead of round 3 in Team Objective game modes
    • Lab games no longer count towards the Leaderboard
    • Death from Above medal now requires the player to be at least 2 meters off the ground
    • Players can earn more than 1 “Here, Hold This Medal” in a match
    • A collection of trophies have been added for each DLC pack available (50 total new trophies)
    • The TAU Sniper Pistol has been tuned so the rate of fire is up 30% and you pick 6 instead of 3 bullets upon collecting new ammo now
    • The M9 blindfire accuracy has been reduced by 10% efficiency
    • Cloaked level 3 is now immune to the effects of Disruption (it wasn’t working properly so we fixed it)
    • Marked Men now migrates properly to another player if the marked man drops form the game
    • Gunfire is no longer silent when using the shield
    • Teleporting with Smoke Bomb while holding the Idol is no longer possible
    • An issue with the shield that allowed players to remotely control the turret has been fixed
    •  

1.13.057 (live update) 8/7/12

• Fixed an issue with incorrect points calculation being awarded for winning a match while using a Tournament ticket

1.13.058 (live update) 8/7/12

• Fixed an issue with the Spyder M9 having all mods unlocked (now set to Call Out and Max Ammo)
      • Redshirt Drake again available for Subway Beta participants that had earned him previously
      • Golden Abyss Drake and Guerro skins are available for free to all players

1.14.059 (patch) 8/15/12

• Previously purchased characters and emblems will be properly unlocked for Legacy players
      • Djinn and Guerro voiceovers have been restored
      • Wins/Losses obtained in the Lab playlist will not be counted on the Leaderboards or on a player’s personal stats card
      • Rate of Fire mod for M9 has been tuned to be slightly lower than previous value
      • Scoped Zoom mod fixed
      • Lab updated with blockmesh Lab Map 1 and parties are allowed again
      • Matchmaking map weights adjusted for DLC map owners (DLC maps tuned to have much higher priority, disc-based maps are lowest priority)

1.14.064 (live update) 8/31/12

• Double XP weekend through 9/4/12 12:00PDT / 19:00GMT
      • New Lab: 5 vs 5 Shotguns and Mag-5s

Co-Op:

Technical

• Fixed an infrequent hunter spawning issue in Hunter Arena when the match round switches

User Interface

• Objective points now show up in the player’s Competitive statistics tab instead of the Cooperative statistics tab

1.04.019 (Patch 1.04) 2/7/12

• Fixes for Hard and Crushing Co-op Adventure Mode that address treasure sets that could not be completed

Medal fixes for Fort - Adventure Mode specific medals; all medal icons now show up appropriately and medals can be obtained in-game

For Co-op Arena and Hunter Arena modes

• Added a death region to the affected area, which will instantly kill a player if they travel into it
  • Removed Plaza from the Hunter Matchmaking playlist

TECHINCAL

• Enemy AI now dies appropriately at the end of each Co-Op Arena round for players.

Patch 1.06 adds the necessary technical hooks for the upcoming Co-Op Shade Survival Mode to function

• Removed a deathplane that was blocking an alley on Plaza in Coop Arena and Hunter Arena to prevent an exploit on the EU version (since fixed)

• fixed the drop of the Patterned Ring at the end of London Underground to work regularly

• Crushing difficulty on Plaza and Village for Shade Survival is now locked until properly unlocked via gameplay
  • Players can no longer infinitely hold a high-five pose to avoid being grabbed by a Choker in Co-Op modes

Technical

• Players are now able to vote on the difficulty of Co-Op matches no matter where they are on the menu when the voting period

• Quitting out of Co-op will no longer count as a Competitive loss when signing-out/disconnecting

Now, I realize some of the MP changes effect Co-Op as well - but I went through and separated Co-op SPECIFIC from MP SPECIFIC changes/patches.

This is sad, the IMMENSE amount of attention Competitive gets when compared to Co-Op is ridiculous. I didn't even include the patch notes for 1.13 and it's still THIS long. It's embarrassing, heartbreaking, and just makes me sick. Give your other !!!HALF!!! of your game attention. You can't treat them like the red-headed step-child and ignore them and just hope they go away. I'm surely not going away, so get used to it.

The community has given you ample enough of ideas to improve/change/fix your co-op mode, all you have to do now is LISTEN - your move Naughty Dog.

Message 1 of 26 (874 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Re: UC3 MP/Co-op Patch Information SEPARATED!

Oct 6, 2012

Old news, sad truth.

JD-- wrote:
  • Players can no longer infinitely hold a high-five pose to avoid being grabbed by a Choker in Co-Op modes

It still works though.

Message 2 of 26 (865 Views)
Naughty Paw
20403 posts

Oct 6, 2012

renatabls wrote:

JD-- wrote:

It still works though.

ND doesn't ACTUALLY fix things. They just tell you they do and hope you don't try it again. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 26 (860 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Oct 6, 2012

renatabls wrote:

Old news, sad truth.

JD-- wrote:

It still works though.

Haven't seen a thread on it that puts it this bluntly.

Yeah, it works for about 15 seconds, then your character automatically puts your hand down and the choker... well, chokes you. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 26 (858 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 6, 2012
(off-topic)Wait, JD, how does your pulldown trick go again? I can't do it anymore, for some reason.

(on-topic) I guess try think co-op is only a one-playthrough thing, so people don't care about it.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 5 of 26 (809 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Oct 6, 2012

To be fair, Co-op deserves more attention, then again the more people play Competitive modes vs Co-op. It makes sense that Co-op didn't get many patches before. I do support that Co-op could use some more ND support

Message 6 of 26 (804 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Are you talking about pulling Chokers down? You'll have to blindfire your pistol once, and then you'll be able to pull the Choker down. The helmet doesn't have to be removed. @TheStuntDouble.

You can highfive, let your teammates remove the helmet and then he'll get you, but your teammates already removed the helmet before and now they can melee him. Easy, works all the time. It sucks that I can't highfive my teammates more than once, and when I highfive them, leave the animation and they want to highfive me, I'll have to wait until I can highfive them again. Sucks. I don't get that, instead of making the choker able to get all the people, even the people that are highfiving, you can't highfive like in all the other gamemodes now. They seriously need to concentrate more on this gamemode and not do anything, without thinking about it. 

Bro-Code
Message 7 of 26 (765 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Neremon- wrote:

Are you talking about pulling Chokers down? You'll have to blindfire your pistol once, and then you'll be able to pull the Choker down. The helmet doesn't have to be removed. @TheStuntDouble.

You can highfive, let your teammates remove the helmet and then he'll get you, but your teammates already removed the helmet before and now they can melee him. Easy, works all the time. It sucks that I can't highfive my teammates more than once, and when I highfive them, leave the animation and they want to highfive me, I'll have to wait until I can highfive them again. Sucks. I don't get that, instead of making the choker able to get all the people, even the people that are highfiving, you can't highfive like in all the other gamemodes now. They seriously need to concentrate more on this gamemode and not do anything, without thinking about it. 

Thanks bro. All I needed to know.

Also patch villains into Co-op arena. If Zoran, Eddy and Harry can kill pirates, I think Roman can too, don'tcha think?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 8 of 26 (682 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Can't read white on mobile Smiley Sad
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 9 of 26 (666 Views)
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Oct 6, 2012

This is fantastic, high caliber work.  I had an idea about this months ago, and It's really cool to see JD-- put it together, because I knew if folks saw the list of COMP fixes verses CO-OP fixes that it would be JAW-DROPPING how little has been done for the NDI Co-op fan. 

Checkmate here NDI, and it's been that way for a while...this just confirms the Checkmate's RIGHT IN YOUR FACE. 

Come on NDI.  Hop in to this or the "Huge Collection of Co-op Threads" post and get into the conversation. 

My question here is this:  If NDI were to come out and really try to hold meaningful discussions about Co-op, would it be okay if nothing was done to UC3's Co-op, but ideas were taken and considered for TLOU's Co-op?  Although, for me, this does not leave a particulary good taste in my mouth, I want to be realistic given this late stage of UC3's Co-op and UC3's short life span?  If NDI came out and said, "Look, we know Co-op was a disappointment this time around, but we are doing A, B, and C to improve Co-op for TLOU," I'd take that. 

If that's all I get, I'd be happy, although I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY think NDI needs to seriously consider making some adjustments to the mode now, as research, so they can get some things straightened out before TLOU Co-op is completed (if it even exists). 

NDI needs to hold a Co-op Summit on these forms and they need to do it soon (for real, not SOON™). 

Let's do this NDI...it's so long overdue...folks have been waiting a long time.  Customers are obviously concerned about Co-op and for good reason. 

How about it NDI?  How about getting Cog182 in this thread as soon as possible for a little back and forth, a little discussion.  Come on!  It's warrented. 

Message 10 of 26 (658 Views)