Fender Bender
2352 posts

Re: U3 Status Report-Opinions Welcomed

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

X-Offender wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

X-Offender wrote:

About the Ping filter toggle, you said that BO2 implemented it but matchmaking doesn't suffer from wait times because the game averages about 600k players daily. What about UC3? I really have no idea how many players daily it averages, but I doubt it features as many as BO2. Thus, it might constitute a real problem when it comes to wait times. I mean, sometimes I have to wait minutes and minutes (especially when I'm in a party) to find players as it is, but if that option was added, then we're talking very long wait times. I think ND have taken this into consideration, and it's one of the reasons, if not the main reason why they haven't implemented it.

UC3 F2P (bigger player pool) + ping filter toggle = WIN

Don't forget that it would always be optional. If there are not enough players in your region, you could always turn it off. It doesn't hurt to give it a try.

Well, if you put it like that, then no, it wouldn't hurt to give it a go. However, do you honestly see ND making UC3 multiplayer F2P? Me thinks not.

Its starting to make sense that ND is making U3 f2p. Here is a comment by a forumer that nails it: 

" Cyris wrote:

It's going Free to Play. They have already given two clues for it.

"Free up your schedule" and "free your worries"

It's obvious. The whole reason they added all the DLC hats and charge money for hats and other items is because these microtransactions will be used for F2P users as they will not earn treasures. If they want skeleton skins or hats or character guns they will have to pay.

Also it's perfect timing. Anyone who has any intentions of buying this game has done so by now, especially now that so many people have gotten the GOTY version for Christmas (made obvious by the HUGE increase of low level players). Now that they have gotten all the sales they can out of the retail release, ND will make the MP Free to Play, which will get a ton of more people to try the game out, and hopefully develop enough interest to either buy items from the store, or buy the full game to get the SP.

They will probably also limit what level/legacy F2P users can get to, and/or give payed users exclusive items."

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 11 of 22 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jan 11, 2013

That's nice, I wasn't aware of it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 22 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6813 posts

Jan 11, 2013

lag: I can personally say that this has made the game unplayable for me at times, I'm not having problems now, but the past week was terrible. Constand white plug, removed every 3 games, killed by ghosts, dead bodies killing me, etc. etc. So um...not liking lag at all

weapon balance: Probably not where it should be...but this is the closest we've been to weapon balance and I'm fine with it all guns having ups and downs and none being dominant over others technically...except for a certain mod...

Rate of fire: The M9 is the only thing this doesn't belong on really. To me it makes sense on the micro and kal since it doesn't overpower them, just makes them more comprable. Whereas putting it on the M9 heightens its abilities all around making it better in blindfire, close, and mid range combat, and with a little practice even long range. On the Tau...I see no threat really.

kickbacks: I'm fine with these, although I would like to see an increased effectiveness in the defensive/support kickbacks. Make them worthwhile, have Gotcha! show cloaked players and have infinite range I mean it is a kickback, make it worth using. Have Juggernaut fully heal you and make you invincible to everything(but still vulnerable to pull downs and stealth) I mean its one of the costliest kickbacks with a small timer, make that thing turn you into a tank! Have enemies TKed due to your cursed idol give you points, have speedy G make everything you do fast, run, strafe, climb, reload, Heavy object speed, etc. Give your creepy crawler spiders the ability to climb up walls and across all terrain, those expensive things gotta be worthwhile man! The reason these kickbacks are rarely used is because they aren't to good, they can do for some improvement.

boosters: Hard to say since some are clearly more effective than others, I say just improve/debuff certain ones to find a medium for effectiveness.

Feet
Message 13 of 22 (208 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 11, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

1) have Gotcha! show cloaked players and have infinite range I mean it is a kickback, make it worth using.

2) Have Juggernaut fully heal you and make you invincible to everything(but still vulnerable to pull downs and stealth) I mean its one of the costliest kickbacks with a small timer, make that thing turn you into a tank!

3) Have enemies TKed due to your cursed idol give you points, have speedy G make everything you do fast, run, strafe, climb, reload, Heavy object speed, etc.

4) Give your creepy crawler spiders the ability to climb up walls and across all terrain

1) Seriously? Smiley Indifferent Cloaked is supposed to counter every SA variant, including kickbacks. That would be even worse than UC2 SA!

2) Juggernaut needs some buffs: 20 secs timer & you should have Team Safe Level 1 (aka Sure Foot) as well.

3) Agreed.

4) You may as well suggest flying spiders, lol... no, thanks. Maybe they should give it immunity to Revenge grenades, I'll give you that.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 14 of 22 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6813 posts

Jan 11, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

1) have Gotcha! show cloaked players and have infinite range I mean it is a kickback, make it worth using.

2) Have Juggernaut fully heal you and make you invincible to everything(but still vulnerable to pull downs and stealth) I mean its one of the costliest kickbacks with a small timer, make that thing turn you into a tank!

3) Have enemies TKed due to your cursed idol give you points, have speedy G make everything you do fast, run, strafe, climb, reload, Heavy object speed, etc.

4) Give your creepy crawler spiders the ability to climb up walls and across all terrain

1) Seriously? Smiley Indifferent Cloaked is supposed to counter every SA variant, including kickbacks. That would be even worse than UC2 SA!

2) Juggernaut needs some buffs: 20 secs timer & you should have Team Safe Level 1 (aka Sure Foot) as well.

3) Agreed.

4) You may as well suggest flying spiders, lol... no, thanks. Maybe they should give it immunity to Revenge grenades, I'll give you that.

1) Cloaked already protects you from a power play, 3 boosters, and another kickback, as well as the stat hat. Gotcha's main use is to see other enemies, It won't be overbearing or game breaking, and I'll understand a medal increase if it did let you see everyone.

2) the timer doesn't need a buff, the kickback itself needs a boost. I've used that thing with kickback endurance and all it did was have everyone gang up on me and kill me in like 5 seconds, then I spawn on the other side of the map walking like a snail for 25 seconds. If anything, a longer timer will just make you waste more time. The thing completely debilitates you, and doesn't even give you immense health, it just quadruples your current health. You are unable to run, blindfire, or climb when using it. I mean maybe it shouldnt make you invincible, seeing as this can be exploited in TO especially, but at least guarantee you tons of health.

4) It's a kickback requireing a huge investment and giving a meh outcome. Being the most expensive kickback in the game it should be worth using. I'm not saying teleport everywhere with the spiders but you should be able to walk up walls, I mean you are spiders and last I checked...spiders can do that. It doesn't last terribly long and any explosion can still kill you and it also takes a couple seconds of touching the person to even kill them.

Feet
Message 15 of 22 (193 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

LAG: Yeah it's bad at times. A ping filter would be the best option, but they have already said it won't happen in U3 Smiley Mad   I have found a fairly successful tactic to combat lag though. Pay attention: Start a match. When you find players (bars only)  in "Optimal", BACK OUT IMMEDIATELY! Then start it up again. If it finds player in "Optimal" BACK OUT AGAIN! Keep re-trying until it goes down to "Finding Players...". It will likely find them very quickly during this search. They will likely be 4 bars or better (It's not guaranteed, but it works VERY WELL for me. And my friends always put me as the party leader because of my searching technique's success). I beleive this works because in the "Finding Players..." search all criteria for matchmaking is stripped away except one thing... one IMPORTANT thing: PING! It really seems like a ping-only search. I find way less non-U.S. players. I see steady 4-5 bars for all players in the lobby in most cases. And it's the exact opposite for "Optimal" games. Lots of 1-2 bars players. Lots of non-U.S. players. Always 1 insta-kill getting, body armor-wearing lagger dominating everyone. This rarely happens  in the "Finding Players..." search for me. Another way to combat lag is play in a party. Prefferably with teammates who live in your country. This helps. And if you happen to see a juggernaut (MEX) guy owning the match, put on your M9RoF loadout to help.

Oh yeah, my KDR has been on the upswing since I've used this tactic during matchmaking. Maybe it's not proof, but it's something.

Message 16 of 22 (181 Views)
Fender Bender
2352 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Lag was horrible on friday and it cost me a match. This is the biggest issue that is riddled in U3. I seriously cannot describe the rage I have for it. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 17 of 22 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Jan 13, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

3) Agreed.

1) Cloaked already protects you from a power play, 3 boosters, and another kickback, as well as the stat hat. Gotcha's main use is to see other enemies, It won't be overbearing or game breaking, and I'll understand a medal increase if it did let you see everyone.

2) the timer doesn't need a buff, the kickback itself needs a boost. I've used that thing with kickback endurance and all it did was have everyone gang up on me and kill me in like 5 seconds, then I spawn on the other side of the map walking like a snail for 25 seconds. If anything, a longer timer will just make you waste more time. The thing completely debilitates you, and doesn't even give you immense health, it just quadruples your current health. You are unable to run, blindfire, or climb when using it. I mean maybe it shouldnt make you invincible, seeing as this can be exploited in TO especially, but at least guarantee you tons of health.

4) It's a kickback requireing a huge investment and giving a meh outcome. Being the most expensive kickback in the game it should be worth using. I'm not saying teleport everywhere with the spiders but you should be able to walk up walls, I mean you are spiders and last I checked...spiders can do that. It doesn't last terribly long and any explosion can still kill you and it also takes a couple seconds of touching the person to even kill them.

I can confirm, spiders still have the ability to climb walls Smiley Happy

I have seen them on ceilings too, so idk why they can't do anything useful in U3 Smiley Tongue

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 18 of 22 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Realism in video games? Seems legit. Smiley Indifferent

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 19 of 22 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Jan 14, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

Emblems: Absolutely useless. I can essentially create anything I want with the option in Black Ops, but u3 has no variety and it doesn't open to creativity. Were you disappointed in the lack of options available?

I think emblems were gonna be fully customizable (like in CoD), because you can report them.

Maybe ND realized that there were gonna be inappropriate emblems and decided to change it because they're too lazy to deal with it. Smiley Indifferent

Message 20 of 22 (117 Views)