Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4593 posts

Re: Two absolutely needed across-the-board weapon tweaks that ND is discussing NOW! (50+ supporters!

Oct 12, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
I don't think gears of war is a good example because the blind fire in that game is accurate (not auto lock on) and doesn't get worse as you're shooting. I'm assuming they'll take that as a "ok so don't make it auto lock on but make it just as accurate if not more accurate than aiming"

But I never get too confident when they say "we'll talk about it" or w/e they say because they could just be saying that...

Blindfire should be rewarding to use. You sacrifice aim assist and precision for mobility. It shouldn't be entirely random like it is now. It should reward aiming the center of the screen on an opponent and punish people who just hold down R1 and get kills on enemies they didn't even see.

Message 131 of 140 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9672 posts

Re: Two absolutely needed across-the-board weapon tweaks that ND is discussing NOW! (50+ supporters!

Oct 12, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
I don't think gears of war is a good example because the blind fire in that game is accurate (not auto lock on) and doesn't get worse as you're shooting. I'm assuming they'll take that as a "ok so don't make it auto lock on but make it just as accurate if not more accurate than aiming"

But I never get too confident when they say "we'll talk about it" or w/e they say because they could just be saying that...

Blindfire should be rewarding to use. You sacrifice aim assist and precision for mobility. It shouldn't be entirely random like it is now. It should reward aiming the center of the screen on an opponent and punish people who just hold down R1 and get kills on enemies they didn't even see.

I think it should be treated more realistically. 

Why can we AIM a gun...meaning we're steadying it with our hands and actively trying to hit something using skill, but the reticle blooms and bounces and bullets spread?  But when we put the gun down by our hip...where it ISN'T steady, we are NOT actually trying to aim at a distinct target, and we have NO control over the gun, we can then automatically hit thing and even have a chance to hit someone from across the map.

It shouldn't be even the least bit useful.  Look at uncharted 2...there are so many people in that game that try to just drop their weapon and blind fire praying to god the game wil do it for them.  It should be a lot like that.  It was useful for chasing people, or taking on people who were coming while you were behind cover and they didn't know you were there... Now it's just used as a tactic to take advantage of people who have skill. 

If you put an automatic weapon at your hip and just held the trigger like that, the gun would jump out of your grasp and you'd probably end up shooting yourself. 

Message 132 of 140 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4593 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I think it should be treated more realistically. 

Why can we AIM a gun...meaning we're steadying it with our hands and actively trying to hit something using skill, but the reticle blooms and bounces and bullets spread?  But when we put the gun down by our hip...where it ISN'T steady, we are NOT actually trying to aim at a distinct target, and we have NO control over the gun, we can then automatically hit thing and even have a chance to hit someone from across the map.

It shouldn't be even the least bit useful.  Look at uncharted 2...there are so many people in that game that try to just drop their weapon and blind fire praying to god the game wil do it for them.  It should be a lot like that.  It was useful for chasing people, or taking on people who were coming while you were behind cover and they didn't know you were there... Now it's just used as a tactic to take advantage of people who have skill. 

If you put an automatic weapon at your hip and just held the trigger like that, the gun would jump out of your grasp and you'd probably end up shooting yourself. 

That's a really good idea, and I think it should be implemented in Uncharted 4. But for now, a simple lock-on removal would do it just fine. Recoil for blindfire in Uncharted 4 would be nice though.

Message 133 of 140 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Nice idea, glad to see the thread up top :smileyhappy:

Message 134 of 140 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Oct 12, 2012

ryumitch1 wrote:

Nice idea, glad to see the thread up top :smileyhappy:

Yea me too.

Message 135 of 140 (186 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4775 posts

Oct 13, 2012
These 2 things would made the game much more enjoyable, kbai.
tlousig2
Message 136 of 140 (179 Views)
Sackboy
461 posts

Oct 13, 2012

We get much more official attention from ND on this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No more drastic nerfs please. Just buff the AK and buff the M9 *very slightly*headshot wise and we have achieved balance.

*Please note that I say "No more 'drastic' nerfs"* I am unopposed to a RoF MOD decrease or removal :smileyhappy:
Message 137 of 140 (174 Views)
Survivor
2668 posts

Oct 26, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

nnno!!!!

Awwww, you don't want your blindfire to get nerfed? LOL. Typical Blennerville.

you know me too well.

we had some good times had wee not ???

where did dat autobots fellow go at all ??

Message 138 of 140 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Oct 30, 2012

I never I thought I'd see this take a hit in importance of fixes to me personally....    Buuuttt unplayable lag is more on the FIX IT NOW NOW NOW NOW!!! side.  (Well you know...  extra unplayable lag.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No more drastic nerfs please. Just buff the AK and buff the M9 *very slightly*headshot wise and we have achieved balance.

*Please note that I say "No more 'drastic' nerfs"* I am unopposed to a RoF MOD decrease or removal :smileyhappy:
Message 139 of 140 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

Oct 30, 2012
They can't just "fix" lag, but these two things they can (and must) do if they don't want to kill this multiplayer.
Everyday there are like 3 threads in front page about blindfire problem, and still no word from ND.

Until people leave this because of the frustration of the pathetic blindfire mechanic, I guess.
Message 140 of 140 (102 Views)
0 Likes