Big Daddy
16568 posts

Re: Two absolutely needed tweaks to affect every weapon in this game, across the board. (ZOMG 0 KUDO

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

I can't imagine that anything wil be done.   While the post says they are always looking at weapon tweaks, I don't know that they'll change blindfire/hipfire at this point.

The 92FS was a one-shot/one-punch steelfist in UC2.  It's how I managed to stay alive in most Plunder games.  People complained endlessly about both it and SA, and neither was ever changed.  I don't remember a single person ever defending steelfisting.   And the Uncharted 2 tournaments are full of blindfiring and steelfisting as even the cream of the crop sit around corners and jump enemies.    It's a part of Uncharted's culture.

Hip/Blindfiring was made the way it is to permit casual players to enjoy a kill or two precisely to bridge the gap from them to skilled players.  Every move the game makes away from casual and toward the skilled reduces the player pool, one suspects.

I don't think ND think of much in terms of game improvement, only in terms of population and ca$h flow.   To that end, nice thread, good luck.  Don't wait up.

[ 39 ]
Message 61 of 140 (232 Views)
Last Guardian
10255 posts

Re: Two absolutely needed across the board weapon tweaks. (ND's discussing it, so SUPPORT!)

Oct 6, 2012
Explain your comparison of me and NeVeO.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 62 of 140 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10255 posts

Re: Two absolutely needed across the board weapon tweaks. (ND's discussing it, so SUPPORT!)

Oct 6, 2012
Wait, wait. Nevermind. I didn't read the last part.

Guys, I love pistol plunder. NOBODY AIMS. This is the real goddamn blindfire fest right here.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 63 of 140 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10255 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Sorry I'm on the phone so I can't edit my posts to just add this in: good thread. They better nerf the blindfire. I mean, come on. I got shut em down medals from BLINDFIRERS. Why the hell are they doing well in the Lab when they're not aiming the stupid pistol? Why the hell don't they just label the pistol as "Super Duper aimbot"?
Message 64 of 140 (213 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Oct 6, 2012

i personally hate Uncharted 2 aiming. It's so slow to aim your gun around. IMHO Uncharted 3 aim assist is much more preferable than the slow sensitivity of Uncharted 2. I play both games with max camera sensitivity. For the snipers, it's a whole nother story...

Message 65 of 140 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Oct 6, 2012

jjjkur wrote:

i personally hate Uncharted 2 aiming. It's so slow to aim your gun around. IMHO Uncharted 3 aim assist is much more preferable than the slow sensitivity of Uncharted 2.

Uhh....

Message 66 of 140 (195 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Flynn's M9 gives the people a reason to blindfire, because they can follow you around, blindfiring, because they're bullets won't need to be reloaded. Just let blindfire be nerfed and we won't comlpain about that anymore. I'm jumping, blindfiring my rocket and my character blindfires a opponent I haven't seen before, and the other one, the one I wanted to blindfire, didn't die. I didn't know that this person was there, but blindfire aimed for me and killed him, leaving the other opponent with a opportunity to get me. Sometimes it's useful, but sometimes it could get you killed like that. 

You have my support on this one. 

Bro-Code
Message 67 of 140 (188 Views)
Last Guardian
11282 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I... erm... i dreamed that SouthPaw worked at ND and he did all those changes. Even co-op ones.

But he never showed up in the community again... Smiley Indifferent

Message 68 of 140 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10255 posts

Oct 6, 2012

tripleWRECK wrote:

jjjkur wrote:

i personally hate Uncharted 2 aiming. It's so slow to aim your gun around. IMHO Uncharted 3 aim assist is much more preferable than the slow sensitivity of Uncharted 2.

Uhh....

Maybe he likes spamming the 92FS. I dunno.

Message 69 of 140 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Oct 6, 2012

renatabls wrote:

I... erm... i dreamed that SouthPaw worked at ND and he did all those changes. Even co-op ones.

But he never showed up in the community again... Smiley Indifferent

By the time I'm working in ND's offices they're likely going to be done with Uncharted. Smiley Sad Doesn't mean I can't help them with any other future MP titles, though...

Message 70 of 140 (154 Views)
0 Likes