Fender Bender
3848 posts

Re: Two absolutely needed across the board weapon tweaks. (ND's discussing it, so SUPPORT!)

Oct 5, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

1. Blindfire accuracy is too strong because of lock-on, a feature that most multiplayer games don't have for hipfire. Whether you play Gears of War, or Battlefield, or Call of Duty, or Halo, or Counter-Strike, or Medal of Honor, there's one thing all of these shooters have in common: hipfire does NOT have lock-on. 

I absolutely agree that blindfire should nerfed, but this should be done by reducing the blindfire cone, not removing it entirely. Knock it down by 50% and it would be fine.

You say yourself that those games above dont have any blindfire knock on, but this is NOT those games. Blindfire is a part of this game, and something else which sets it apart from others. Removing it by removing any lock on at all would remove an entire layer if gameplay and make the game more 2 dimensional than ever.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 140 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
69 posts

Re: Two absolutely needed across the board weapon tweaks. (ND's discussing it, so SUPPORT!)

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

I hate to be this guy but....

B_Smiley wrote:

Is there any plans to tweak the aim assist in the game?

The most issues I have with it is the stickiness of the AA (compared to UC2) in all guns but especially in the sniper and the fact that the AA becomes near non-existent when there's more than one target when I aim, and it's very problematic in co-op and objective modes.

In short, can you make the AA behave more similarly to the UC2 AA? :smileyhappy:

Thanks.

I already have posted a question about the aim assist in the Q&A thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Q-amp-A-with-the-NaughtyDog-Dev...

Too bad only one forumer agrees with my question. "wink"  "hint" :smileytongue:

I completely agree with you, along with ridiculously easy grenade throwback, very harsh shooting mechanics (the tiny white dot to hit targets), and the sticky aim assist. It's no wonder that blindfire is too effective without any reliable tactic to punish (counter) it.

And yeah, it's good to see you post some threads again. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 140 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Oct 5, 2012

B_Smiley wrote:

I hate to be this guy but....

B_Smiley wrote:

Is there any plans to tweak the aim assist in the game?

The most issues I have with it is the stickiness of the AA (compared to UC2) in all guns but especially in the sniper and the fact that the AA becomes near non-existent when there's more than one target when I aim, and it's very problematic in co-op and objective modes.

In short, can you make the AA behave more similarly to the UC2 AA? :smileyhappy:

Thanks.

I already have posted a question about the aim assist in the Q&A thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Q-amp-A-with-the-NaughtyDog-Dev...

Too bad only one forumer agrees with my question. "wink"  "hint" :smileytongue:

I completely agree with you, along with ridiculously easy grenade throwback, very harsh shooting mechanics (the tiny white dot to hit targets), and the sticky aim assist. It's no wonder that blindfire is too effective without any reliable tactic to punish (counter) it.

And yeah, it's good to see you post some threads again. :smileyhappy:

you did a question for it? nice, i haven't been here so i'll give it a look!

In al honesty, in past Q&A's the answers given have never usually been for the bigger questions, they seem to end up being ignored/pushed away. In the past, the best way to get things done has been through standalone threads like this one. Look at Luxis' customisation thread, Fakehound's classic mode thread, then you'll see why its usually better to do it this way, rather than an answer like 'we are currently not looking into it' :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 140 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2003 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Completely agree with the blindfire lock-on. This problem/virus just cannot be discussed enough, so kudos.

Blindfire Lock-on is in my Top 2 Issues right now, along with Give OBJ Modes the Same Love as TDM.

--
if you vote for Cave Plunder, may the gods have mercy on your soul
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 140 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2665 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

tumbleweed 300x292 Apologies for the tumbleweed

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 140 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1430 posts

Re: Two absolutely needed tweaks to affect every weapon in this game, across the board. (ZOMG 0 KUDO

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

stentryk wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

stentryk wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:
stentryk no offense, but I have to side with ryumitch, triple, and Psyschock here. I know it's late into the game's life but these changes will actually benefit the game and if Uncharted 4 is a long ways off then we're going to want Uncharted 3 to be improved as we wait for U4.

Nobody have to agree with me, but I'm convinced it will be a better plan for Naughty Dog to wait til UC4. Hopefully you will all still respect me for that

@ryumitch me

Sorry, I want ND to actually improve UC4's MP (if their will be one) with no technical problems, polished gameplay, features, all modes including classic mode (Lab maybe after 3 months of release) from the get go, real improved co-op this time around and whatever new additons and surprises ND would be planning for the game.

Having UC2 style aim assist and no blindfire lock-on for UC4 instead as one of the "exciting new features" would be pretty stupid. Of course that's your opinion but I don't quite understand the meaning behind it.

How can you not understand my meaning behind it, when I explained it so thoroughly?

I should have been more clear, I meant your reasoning for not changing the MP mechanics.

3 things people mostly complain about online except technical issues (when you can understand there language for once):

• blindfire
  • aim assist
  • lag

2 out of 3 can be fixed.

I don't see people getting upset when the game would be changed that way. The weapons where changed all the time and many people are leaving the game who sticked around till now because the game is a M9 only, blindfire fest party again.

I don't understand how you can think that most people are happy with the current state of the game. The G-Mal was switched with M9 RoF blindfire rushers, feels like playing the subway beta again. We are almost back at the beginning and I don't know how often I got blindfired and punched in the face when I aimed my gun at the enemy and still die even if all my bullets connected due to lag. Before I got killed from Gmal's everywhere, at least they aimed. If adding huge amounts of stopping power on the G-Mal wasn't the solution, than a reduction of blindfire accuracy surely is. I can't see it as such a sgnificant change because ND always tweaks the weapons and they lowered the aim assist on the G-Mal and Fal already. Some people even think the sniper's aim assist got reduced (placebo, of course) and many people don't even consider using the sniper weapons because of the aim assist. We have come full circle so it looks like nerfing only single weapons one after another is not the solution. If all weapons would actually be "buffed/ nerfed" by reducing the aim assist across the board and blindfire would be fixed by giving the blindfire heavy automatics users more reason to aim with them like you already have to do as a scoped weapon user the game should be balanced. Every weapon's purpose would be "aim to win" then and only the using and feeling of the weapons would be different. I just don't know what can be done about the KAL- 7 then to make it still useful...

New people who are getting the GOTY edition of UC3 could experience UC3 MP like it is meant to be and not be turned off instead. ND's "original vision" would finally be realized by giving us the summer beta UC3 feeling somewhat back.

Separated hitboxes, now that's something I would suggest as a new feature for UC4. Most people online don't realize that their are no separate leg hitboxes in UC3. If ND would change THAT in UC3, new players or casuals would be raging about inconsistent bullet damage. That would be a big change. Hell, some forumers didn't even know there where separated hitboxes in the summer beta.

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 140 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Reduce aim assist so that our reticules do not slow down so much when we aim at enemies, but don't remove it. We wouldn't want our reticules to fly all over the place when we're trying to aim at an enemy, so a very low percentage of the current aim assist, maybe 10 or 15% of the way it is now, is ideal (meaning, reduce aim assist by 85-90%). This change would be perfect for Classic Mode, since the aiming would feel more like Uncharted 2's :smileywink:

Do you know how catastrophic reducing aim assist 10%-15% would be when it's been implemented since the start of UC3? Wait... not a bad idea more people would come to the forums to complain. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 140 (200 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6698 posts

Oct 5, 2012

L3G3ND4RY1994_ wrote:

Reduce aim assist so that our reticules do not slow down so much when we aim at enemies, but don't remove it. We wouldn't want our reticules to fly all over the place when we're trying to aim at an enemy, so a very low percentage of the current aim assist, maybe 10 or 15% of the way it is now, is ideal (meaning, reduce aim assist by 85-90%). This change would be perfect for Classic Mode, since the aiming would feel more like Uncharted 2's :smileywink:

Do you know how catastrophic reducing aim assist 10%-15% would be when it's been implemented since the start of UC3? Wait... not a bad idea more people would come to the forums to complain. :smileytongue:

so you want people to come here and complain?

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 140 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I'd prefer they don't change anything because of how long it would take to adjust back to normal.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 140 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1430 posts

Oct 5, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

L3G3ND4RY1994_ wrote:

so you want people to come here and complain?

I hitted dat guy with a full mag. from my M9 and he didn't die. Highen up the dmg of ya weapons again ND!

They wouldn't complain about the aim assist. They would think ND lowered the damage of the weapons instead of admitting they can't hit $h!t. :smileywink:

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 140 (182 Views)
0 Likes