Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Re: Two absolutely needed tweaks to affect every weapon in this game, across the board. (ZOMG 0 KUDO

Oct 5, 2012

stentryk wrote:

Have to disagree with tripleWRECK on this one.

I kudoed this, because I like every single thing about it. HOWEVER: What was NaughtyDogs biggest lesson from Uncharted 2? To not significantly change the game in the middle of its life cycle. I think that a lot of people like the current state of the game, or at least don't want such a significant change.

These ideas, along with other changes, that there are other threads for, should be in Uncharted 4, if they make it (hopefully they will). That would make that game better than UC3 and truly spectacular.

--------------------------------------

sorry stentryk, but i actually don't know anybody who likes the current state of the game... This fix might actually bring me back to the game full time. SP, another great thread, nice solutions too. My favourite state the game has been in, I'd say it was around the time the AK got a buff (and i think the same time the lab was patched in?) The guns seemed genuinly balanced, the gmal need a little nerf, but its clearly had the overkill.

Being a regular dragon user myself, i know what the aim assist can be like, missing shots because it decides to have a mad fit during aiming...

Blindfire fix, its perfect. Still actually having to aim in some way while in blindfire, instead of being abble to practically aimbot your way through enemies if you are close enough. 

MAKE THIS HAPPEN ND

Message 11 of 140 (330 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

Re: Two absolutely needed tweaks to affect every weapon in this game, across the board. (ZOMG 0 KUDO

Oct 5, 2012

If they're gonna nerf blindfire, then please remove melee or reduce the damage, because otherwise people would just wack'n'roll instead, wich isn't much better. 

------------------------
I'm Beast! I'm always in Beast-Mode! - iNeededi
Message 12 of 140 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Thanks ryumitch. Lowest actually really likes the current state of Uncharted 3, as do I, but of course there's still room for improvement.
Message 13 of 140 (328 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Oct 5, 2012

iNeededi wrote:

If they're gonna nerf blindfire, then please remove melee or reduce the damage, because otherwise people would just wack'n'roll instead, wich isn't much better. 

uhh, no.... wack n roll atleast has the timing standpoint and relative aiming, blindfire is much worse as you can literally run in from any angle, and face any angle, and you just fire....thats why its so bad.

Message 14 of 140 (326 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1487 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

stentryk wrote:

Have to disagree with tripleWRECK on this one.

I kudoed this, because I like every single thing about it. HOWEVER: What was NaughtyDogs biggest lesson from Uncharted 2? To not significantly change the game in the middle of its life cycle. I think that a lot of people like the current state of the game, or at least don't want such a significant change.

These ideas, along with other changes, that there are other threads for, should be in Uncharted 4, if they make it (hopefully they will). That would make that game better than UC3 and truly spectacular.

According to your post you want ND to continue this BS?

• UC2: lowered health so that UC3 will be spectacular with high health
  • UC3: sticky aim assist and high blindfire accuracy so that UC4 will be truly spectacular with low aim assist and no blindfire lockon
  • UC4: ND **bleep** up ??? in the game so that UC5 will be amazing!

Sorry, I don't want them to continue that "strategy" because we would never get an Uncharted again where the MP is "perfect" like in UC2 before patch 1.05

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 15 of 140 (325 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Oct 5, 2012
stentryk no offense, but I have to side with ryumitch, triple, and Psyschock here. I know it's late into the game's life but these changes will actually benefit the game and if Uncharted 4 is a long ways off then we're going to want Uncharted 3 to be improved as we wait for U4.
Message 16 of 140 (317 Views)
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Oct 5, 2012

stentryk wrote:

90% of the Uncharted players are scrubs, right? xD

Yes, and they'll easily adapt to a newer, more balanced version of UC3. Most won't care, others might be turned off initially but they'll get used to the change quickly. And in the end they'll be better for it as the game will teach them how to earn frags with skill for a change.

iNeededi wrote:

Not necessary since the majority of melee's effectiveness comes from hipfire. 

Message 17 of 140 (317 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Oct 5, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:
Thanks ryumitch. Lowest actually really likes the current state of Uncharted 3, as do I, but of course there's still room for improvement.

You guys like it? The only reason i say i don't like it, is because i haven't been playing near as much as i used to. It's really down to the blindfire and the lag that has somehow become worse as the patches go on. Is it just me who has had that problem? I literally had no lag a few patches ago when people were complaining about it, and i never understood exactly why people complained. It seems as they released more and more new patches, the lag started creeping in for me... I'm not sure if its the added weight of customisation or tournament modes, hmm...

But you'd probably see me on much more as soon as the blindfire gets fixed, that'll be the day!

Message 18 of 140 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Oct 5, 2012

stentryk wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

stentryk wrote:

These ideas, along with other changes, that there are other threads for, should be in Uncharted 4, if they make it (hopefully they will). That would make that game truly spectacular.

UC2's massive change mid-game was for the worse, this would be the exact oppositeIf this change is something the majority will be happy about, why not change?

90% of the Uncharted players are scrubs, right? xD

I believe that while us, the good guys, will see this as a better change, most players will not. This forum and our Facebook page is far from every Uncharted player. We know nothing about what the majority wants. We may know what the majority of us want, but we are all 'hardcore' right? We're all into this game, wanting this game to be a tactical game.

I think these changes would be AWESOME, but I don't really want them because I think most people are happy with the current state. And hey if you leave that change to UC4, you can choose which game you want to play and there will be more of a difference between them.

That part in bold, i think thats the statement which makes this fix a win win situation. Why? Because:

1. The scrubs who do the blindfiring will revert to another tactic

or

2. The scrubs will leave the game (they usually lag too, so added bonus! haha)

Message 19 of 140 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Re: Two absolutely needed across the board weapon tweaks. (ND's discussing it, so SUPPORT!)

Oct 5, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

1. Blindfire accuracy is too strong because of lock-on, a feature that most multiplayer games don't have for hipfire. 

That should be in the game since day 1... Smiley Indifferent

SouthpawLP wrote:

2. Reduce aim assist on every weapon to Uncharted 2 levels. 

Yes. Or at least have an option to lower it, something!

Message 20 of 140 (293 Views)