Fender Bender
2376 posts

Re: Tweak Marked Man

Feb 14, 2013
Okay so you sorta stated what I already said which is power plays do not make the game unbalanced contrary to what that other dude was trying to imply.

And yes its team deathmatch I said you don always have to work as team to win I'm not disputing that this isn't the aim of the mode.

Oh well
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 49 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Feb 14, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
Okay so you sorta stated what I already said which is power plays do not make the game unbalanced contrary to what that other dude was trying to imply.

And yes its team deathmatch I said you don always have to work as team to win I'm not disputing that this isn't the aim of the mode.

Oh well

Power Plays dont cause imbalance, But there have been a few times where its a really close game and Marked Man comes into play, causing the other team to take the lead and win. THAT should never happen.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 49 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5367 posts

Feb 14, 2013

It is a pretty big slap in the face when you lose a match and the amount of kills is 48-45, but the score is 48-50. Literally meaning that the MM power play was the sole reason the other team won the match in the first place. That happens quite often to me...

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 49 (125 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Feb 14, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

It is a pretty big slap in the face when you lose a match and the amount of kills is 48-45, but the score is 48-50. Literally meaning that the MM power play was the sole reason the other team won the match in the first place. That happens quite often to me...

Thats most of the reason i made the switch to objectives, You really have to work in a team to win in that game mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 49 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5367 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Thats most of the reason i made the switch to objectives, You really have to work in a team to win in that game mode.

Yea TO is my main mode as well, not to say I phase out other modes.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 49 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Feb 14, 2013

One idea I had about Marked Man and Power Plays in general is that they should at least increase the lead the winning team needs to be in before they become active. Right now the winning team only needs to be in the lead by 6 points for Marked Man to start, 8 for Exposed, and 10 for Double Damage.

I think that before Marked Man starts, the winning team should at least have a 10 point lead, with 12 for Exposed and 14 for Double Damage (these numbers are all up for debate though). I feel that Power Plays should have really only been used for times where the losing team was really getting clobbered, however with such a low lead required for the losing team to get them, Power Plays I often feel start earlier than they should.

To top it all of, if you know that you're on the better team and that there are likely going to be Power Plays, at the beginning of the match you may be highly pressurized to either use a really aggressive but risky strategy to get alot of kills or to sit back and do little to nothing just so you don't end up having the middle score when Marked Man quickly comes around. With a lead increase before Power Plays can start, I don't think people on the better team would be under as much pressure to keep themselves above or below the middle score.

This is just an idea though, and its all up for debate.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 49 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Feb 14, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Yea TO is my main mode as well, not to say I phase out other modes.

I still play other modes but mainly TOBJ.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 49 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Oh well

I never said they made the game unbalanced.

I simply believe they are a joke.

I don't like them either side I'm on.

I don't think the help nor hinder a team.

They are just one more thing that does not work properly and does not feel Uncharted to me.

Take that however you want.

They simply show how todays youth is veiwed.
Now even in gaming.
If you lost you lost, if you get out matched you get out matched, and if
the other team has better players they do.

Take a loss, get beat, and learn from it.
No ND doesn't veiw it that way.
They give you power plays so you don't feel like you
got wronged and they give you a little hope.
Whats next for U4? When you lose a match it says you came in second place
because saying you lost is to harsh?

Heck they even gave you the ability to quit without punishment if things weren't
going your way.
Its a joke to me.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 49 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2585 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Replace it with Cursed.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 49 (88 Views)