Feb 14 2013
By: far-zan Gaming Beast 1924 posts

Tweak Marked Man

48 replies 369 views Edited Feb 14, 2013

I don't know if anyone has paid enough attention to this but Marked Man is the only powerplay that can make you go from a postion of winning to a position of losing. MM always gives 3 points per kill if one team is down by 4 the other team can end up taking the lead by two kills. That two kills could potentialy change the outcome of the match. MM should end in draw like all the other powerplays not in a possible lead.

Message 1 of 49 (369 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Re: Tweak Marked Man

Feb 14, 2013

Power Plays should go to hell, all of them. And make them take RoF and kickbacks (or PW) with them. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 2 of 49 (359 Views)
Fender Bender
3226 posts

Feb 14, 2013
I agree, but I guess that's why its a power play what they should do is possible lower it to 30 seconds since I doubt they will lower the point it contributes to the score.

Also for someone reason whenever I happen to be the marked man I always end up being the marked man for the entire power play it never rotates ... I hope they address this.

Also this power play can be short lived if the party play as a team.
Message 3 of 49 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Feb 14, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
I agree, but I guess that's why its a power play what they should do is possible lower it to 30 seconds since I doubt they will lower the point it contributes to the score.

Also for someone reason whenever I happen to be the marked man I always end up being the marked man for the entire power play it never rotates ... I hope they address this.

Also this power play can be short lived if the party play as a team.

That's what is supposed to happen in TDM. However, in Multi-Marked Man (MMM in TO) the marked man is supposed to rotate. And as soon as it reaches me it doesn't switch after I die. Which might be what you're talking about anyway, but that isn't a power play. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 4 of 49 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2202 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Norman_Esquire wrote:

This is what I think of your idea

AMERICA! F_CK YEAH!!!

So you think that balancing power plays is puke?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 5 of 49 (337 Views)
Fender Bender
3799 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I find Marked man more of a disadvantage for the opposing team. Most of the time when this pops up (Especially if playing in a party) most of the players protect the VIP, giving us even a bigger lead.

Well, that's how it been in the past few games. Not like I play it regularly. 

Message 6 of 49 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

I find Marked man more of a disadvantage for the opposing team. Most of the time when this pops up (Especially if playing in a party) most of the players protect the VIP, giving us even a bigger lead.

Well, that's how it been in the past few games. Not like I play it regularly. 

Depends some parties yes, some no.

But a constant double damage wouldn't change the outcome fo a game for most parties vs randoms..

The problem is when playing solo.

Message 7 of 49 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3652 posts

Feb 14, 2013

They are an ill conceived stupid *** idea.
The person whom thought it up should be fired and not
allowed to work in game development again.

Oh, Death you so silly--- power plays are there to promote
team play.
My response, then ND should put me with team mates that speak the same
******* language. Then maybe we can talk about team play.

Uncharted's welfare system should be removed from any future game.
It's probably the most retarded thing they added to U3.

Power plays should remain in hockey not in a online multi-player.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 8 of 49 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3226 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Power Plays only come about if the other team is losing bad a good amount, I've played TDM before & not have one single power play come into effect because both teams are putting up a great fight.

Without Power Plays parties of Try Hards steam rolling over noobs/ solo experienced players would be less fun & the matches would end way too quick, removing Power Plays would not make this game better or worse so let it stay tweaking the underlying fundamentals would be better so lets say :

1 - A team is losing by 20 points double damage should come in effect

2 - MMM should come should only give 2 points instead of 3 also this Power Play normally happens if a team is leading by a lot while being under 20 points from my experience which is fair in my book

- Disruption is fine as it is.
Message 9 of 49 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3652 posts

Feb 14, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
Power Plays only come about if the other team is losing bad a good amount, I've played TDM before & not have one single power play come into effect because both teams are putting up a great fight.

Without Power Plays parties of Try Hards steam rolling over noobs/ solo experienced players would be less fun & the matches would end way too quick, removing Power Plays would not make this game better or worse so let it stay tweaking the underlying fundamentals would be better so lets say :

1 - A team is losing by 20 points double damage should come in effect

2 - MMM should come should only give 2 points instead of 3 also this Power Play normally happens if a team is leading by a lot while being under 20 points from my experience which is fair in my book

- Disruption is fine as it is.

Your losing, why should the game give you some life support to stay in the game.

You don't punish a team who is doing what they are suppose to be doing because the other team isn't.

You learn to get better by your mistakes. This is true for everything including a game.

Its a LEARNING CURVE. Power plays take that away.

I'm sure the plunder players would lose their minds if Nd implemented a idol that was worth two if the losing team was being beat 3-0. No I'm sure they wouldn't.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 10 of 49 (257 Views)
0 Likes