Aug 06 2012
By: gunnsandwiches42 Fender Bender 2477 posts

Treasure Drops--Why just for Kills?

[ Edited ]
29 replies 461 views Edited Aug 12, 2012

Treasures only drop when you Kill an enemy. It is this way in TDM (makes sense). It is this way in TO and Plunder (less sense).

What I propose, for Patch 1.14, or UC4, whichever comes first, is Treasure Drops for different actions. Killing is not the only productive thing you can do in this game. There are other necessary actions, that help your team, other than killing. Maybe wishful thinking, but would help make this tiresome treasure system, well, less tiring.

1.13 did not answer our treasure prayers--this is something that will actually help. And now, we have even more Treasure sets to unlock.

Examples of things, besides KILLS, that should merit possible Treasure Drops:

Scoring the Idol in Plunder (the entire team would get the treaures, for team killers never prosper)

Touching the Idol after it Respawns (would encourage people to actually start moving the treasure)

successfull Hi-5 with teammate (especially in 3TDM, and in Hardcore, please!)

Capturing a Turf in Team Objective (turf war and Chain reaction)

Assist (if even an extremely low probability)

Gaining many points in the Hill (there should be a medal for this)

Holding the Idol in Treasure Hunter a long time (there should be a medal for this too)

The important thing about this idea is that not only would it help you in your quest for treasures, it would give players incentive for playing the game the correct way.  If one kill farmer sitting by the idol actually decided to score the Idol, because the incentive of a possible treasure, then it would be a success. If it would encourage randoms in Team Objective to stay in the Hill, then the idea is a success.

Also, kill farming would no longer be necessary in OBJ modes.  Right now treasures are only awarded for Kills, regardless of game mode. Adjusting treasure drops to mirror the game mode would be a step in the right direction. TO and Plunder will always have Booster Farmers, and Trophy Farmers, but having smarter Treasure Drops would make the modes better.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 1 of 30 (461 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1163 posts

Re: Treasure Drops--Why just for Kills?

Aug 6, 2012
And where exactly would those treasures drop?
Message 2 of 30 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20031 posts

Aug 6, 2012
Getting treasure chests also gives you treasure pieces. Smiley Wink

However, we don't know EXACTLY what the new treasure system will be. While there is a good chance we'll need to use in-game/real money, we can't rule out other things until we know for certain what ND will do.
Message 3 of 30 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Aug 6, 2012

DrakeShepard wrote:
And where exactly would those treasures drop?

wherever the action was perfomed..details

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 4 of 30 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Aug 6, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
Getting treasure chests also gives you treasure pieces. Smiley Wink

^This.

I think that ND should change U3's treasure system to UGA's treasure system, in UGA, there are no duplicates and you pick the treasure automatically.

Just think about it... everytime you see a treasure it is A NEW ONE, not a duplicate, plus it won't get stuck in some unreachable places...

Message 5 of 30 (424 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
62 posts

Aug 6, 2012

I see what you're saying, but at the same time, something seems a little off.

Like, for the scoring the idol one, who would get a treasure? The guy who brought it all the way across the map, or the guy who camped, kill farmed and put the treasure in last second? Or would the entire team get it? If that was the case, people would get rewarded for doing nothing, so I'm unsure as to how that would play out.

Other than that, I like what you've thought up and we'll just have to wait and see what they put in 1.13 for now Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 30 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Aug 6, 2012

Blue_Lightning__ wrote:

Like, for the scoring the idol one, who would get a treasure? The guy who brought it all the way across the map, or the guy who camped, kill farmed and put the treasure in last second? Or would the entire team get it? If that was the case, people would get rewarded for doing nothing, so I'm unsure as to how that would play out.

Other than that, I like what you've thought up and we'll just have to wait and see what they put in 1.13 for now Smiley Happy

in an ideal world, it would be the whole team getting the treasure after a plunder score.

This idea can exist outside of 1.13. It would still encourage players to do certain actions (capture turf, score idol). ND royally effed up Treasures (i still dont have all Plunder and TO treasures, and thats really all I play..)...and even if this is 9 months late, i still like the idea.  UC4 should work like this

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 7 of 30 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Aug 6, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Blue_Lightning__ wrote:

in an ideal world, it would be the whole team getting the treasure after a plunder score.

This idea can exist outside of 1.13. It would still encourage players to do certain actions (capture turf, score idol). ND royally effed up Treasures (i still dont have all Plunder and TO treasures, and thats really all I play..)...and even if this is 9 months late, i still like the idea.  UC4 should work like this

Ah, okay then.  Yeah, I see how you want it to encourage team work and I guess I'm just being cynical, believing that there will always be people that won't oblige.

And, let's hope they actually still love Uncharted enough to make a 4th, haha x)

Message 8 of 30 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6489 posts

Aug 6, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Blue_Lightning__ wrote:

Have you tried using Treasure Hunter for your remaining treasures? I find it weird that you wouldn't have either gametype completed after all this time when I had both completed before I was reset and now I already have all the TO ones and almost all Plunder ones.

And I think I was part of a thread similar to this a few months back. Idol score could drop a treasure for the whole team, protectorates could drop a treasure, Expansionists could drop a treasure, None Shall Pass could drop a treasure, every certian point increment could drop a treasure (every 30 poins perhaps?). The treasure could then be dropped at the your feet, or say in the center of the hill you are occupying depending on what it dropped for.

Message 9 of 30 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Aug 7, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Blue_Lightning__ wrote:

Have you tried using Treasure Hunter for your remaining treasures? I find it weird that you wouldn't have either gametype completed after all this time when I had both completed before I was reset and now I already have all the TO ones and almost all Plunder ones.

And I think I was part of a thread similar to this a few months back. Idol score could drop a treasure for the whole team, protectorates could drop a treasure, Expansionists could drop a treasure, None Shall Pass could drop a treasure, every certian point increment could drop a treasure (every 30 poins perhaps?). The treasure could then be dropped at the your feet, or say in the center of the hill you are occupying depending on what it dropped for.

I used Treasure Hunter to get the Guns that I cared about--after that, I never bought it again. Im not a completionist.

My line of thinking is as follows: it isnt so much as a better chance to get Treasures (but no doubt helpful in its own right), its moreso to encourage players to do what they are supposed to do. Play Plunder to score the treasure. Play Team Objective to help your team. Thats me personally. But it would also help getting those Rare Treasures.

It just makes sense in my mind that if youre gonna have a system like the Treasure Drop system, it shouldnt work for ONLY kills. I know ND thinks KIlls are God (as proof by KD counting in Plunder and TO for the longest time...), but they need to realize that there are other things/ actions you can do in this game that help your team. Kills help in TDM, and Capturing Turfs help in Team Objective. Both should yield treasures, regardless of the issue of treasures being difficult, or not difficult, to obtain.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 10 of 30 (380 Views)
0 Likes