Gaming Beast
2108 posts

Re: Treasure Discussion

Jun 30, 2012
I'm thinking the same thing Xdye7, but I want it now. I'm going to wait though.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1541 of 1,788 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2012

Well, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

After about a month and a half of playing nothing but hardcore at least 5 days a week, I finally got the Jade Nepal Lion (by FAR the hardest one to get for me) to complete all of the Hardcore treasure sets.

I finished the treasure sets in this order:

1) Marlowe's Para 9:

- I was pretty surprised to finish this one first, especially after reading through this thread.

- Where: Gold Snuff Box at Graveyard.

- How: T-Bolt kill at very low health. This made me start believing in the theory that hard-to-get/stylish kills may increase your odds at getting a rare treasure drop.

2) Roman's G-Mal:

- Where: Ruby Inca Vessel at Desert Village.

- How: Strike 3 medal using only the Shotty (no melee).  Not necessarily hard-to-get kills, but it's not like they're ordinary kills.

3) Talbot's FAL:

- Where: Chimera at Chateau.

- How: Got it the same day I finished Roman's set - nothing special about how I got it, but they did drop after the servers went down for a few hours.  It was after the recent patch came out, but before the last time the servers went down.

4) Eddy's AK:

- What a **bleep**.  I spent 2 weeks of playing almost everyday trying to get that last treasure.  Made me realize how obsessive I can get.

- Where: London Underground - No Intro.

- How: The game was just about to end.  I got the kill just when the scoreboard showed up.  I'd lost track of where the treasure was because another guy was chasing me after the kill, and of course, the scoreboard was in the way.  I just guessed and pressed the triangle button and B'AM, there it is.

- Interestingly, this story is somewhat similar to how another guy got the Lion Nepal.  Similar in the sense that we both got our treasures after the game ended.

- Here's the thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Multiplayer-General/Finally-got-Eddy-s-AK-by-picking-up-the-t...

Other Notes:

- I got most of the rare treasures on weekends. The more common treasures dropped throughout the week.

- I got the duplicates of the rare treasures by getting 2-3 medal kills.  So, go for those Hail Mary, Death From Above, etc. kills as much as you can.  It seems to help.

Keep at it guys!

Message 1542 of 1,788 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Jul 1, 2012

In 1.13 they said they are making it easier to get treasures so for now I'm through with treasure hunting. Even I really don't need to since I have Sir Francis, Marco, Genghis Khan, Skelzor, and Donut Drake already. So I'm done with adventure. I also have every competitive gun except Eddy's FAL, Elena's Raffica, Marlowe's Para 9, Roman's Gmal, and Talbot's FAL. I'm missing one treasure for each so I guess I could try...

Message 1543 of 1,788 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Jul 2, 2012

woohoo got the 3rd lion tonight so now I HAVE ALL THE TREASURE!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping they add more with the new patch too

Message 1544 of 1,788 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2012

Perry-_-Pong wrote:

Well, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

After about a month and a half of playing nothing but hardcore at least 5 days a week, I finally got the Jade Nepal Lion (by FAR the hardest one to get for me) to complete all of the Hardcore treasure sets.

Keep at it guys!

Congrats! Eddy's AK was either the first or second set that I unlocked. I never used it though until a few weeks before one of the patches buffed it. Still need that Chimera myself, but...

I'm starting to dislike playing Hardcore since I keep running into parties that love to hold each other's hands. I hope they never get the treasures they want if all they're doing is holding hands to keep their KDR sane and exclusively in that mode for treasures. >:{D

~~-
Oh and since the previous forum deleted my post, I ought to post my new finding: Sully's Fedora. Sanctuary/Hunter. Still going for those Ears. Cat Wink

0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Jul 3, 2012
This is probably old news guys, but for the record, I have TH lv. 2 and I've gotten a drop from all of the Hail Mary's I've done since I leveled it. And in different modes too (TOJ, TDM, FFA)
I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 1546 of 1,788 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2108 posts

Jul 4, 2012
Well since we're not getting the patch till the end of the month or early july, I am going to keep trying to get the Emerald Chimera because i dont want to wait. If anyone want to join my in playing Hardcore send me an invite.
Message 1547 of 1,788 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2108 posts

Jul 4, 2012
Does anyone know if joining a game effect the drop rate? I mean, are the chance's of me getting the Emerald Chimera to drop in a game i've joined less or the same?
Message 1548 of 1,788 (298 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
437 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Joshuaalt wrote:
Does anyone know if joining a game effect the drop rate? I mean, are the chance's of me getting the Emerald Chimera to drop in a game i've joined less or the same?

It's always the same. I might add you later then, I need that treasure too Smiley Happy

Message 1549 of 1,788 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2108 posts

Jul 4, 2012
I'll be on Luxis.
Message 1550 of 1,788 (285 Views)
0 Likes