Sackboy
392 posts

Re: Tournament System Thread [Includes spreadsheet with the CORRECT formula]

Aug 8, 2012

pro_odeh wrote:

Thanks for the positive feedback. I was just going to type the formula into excel to check out the numbers myself, when I thought I might as well make it available for everyone. 

Anyway, I haven't done too good this time around. Will probably end up on silver, but that's ok. From my experience luck has least to say in three team deathmatch. It's not that hard to get 2000+ points there compared to TDM. And I wish I would have known out about the de-activate feature from the beginning Smiley Happy

I really hope to get that Djinn skin in 7 weeks, yes 7 weeks because im on vecation. If it is so easy to get 2000+ points then i will have no problem at all. Smiley Happy

Click to see my YouTube Channel

Message 11 of 37 (343 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Aug 8, 2012

I don't know if it's easy, but it's at least doable. You basically get 2000 points if you go 10-0, 14-5 or 18-10 for instance. Many can do that, but you'll have to do it 8 out of 10 matches (and win the match as well, which depends on your team), and that's where it gets hard. 

Message 12 of 37 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
700 posts

Aug 9, 2012

what if i dont want any of the tournament rewards?

laaaaame

out of all the new stuff i am only interested in a cowboy pants for the costume villan

woooope ND

w/e im busy with Trophies and New Legacys im happy

all i need for now

...for now Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy

/.......

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 13 of 37 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Steven1379 wrote:

what if i dont want any of the tournament rewards?

How about just trying to see how high you can get on the tournament leaderboards with the 10 tickets alone?

Message 14 of 37 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Aug 11, 2012
Bumping this since people keep asking questions about the Tournament system that are already explained.
Message 15 of 37 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Aug 11, 2012

pro_odeh wrote:
Bumping this since people keep asking questions about the Tournament system that are already explained.

Thumbs up for that, because people need to stop keeping and posting their threads when there is already a replica of their thread. They need to use the search-bar.

Message 16 of 37 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Re: Tournament System Explained [With spreadsheet and the CORRECT formula]

Aug 11, 2012
It's just like Farmville cash, or any other Facebook game that uses this cheap system. Expect there they don't take your rewards away from you. What they should have done is made it so every week you can get NEW rewards, and if you earn them you keep them forever, and you can only get them for one week/month, so if you miss them, you can never get them again.

But, Naughty Dog can't even give us more colors, Wetsuit Elena, Rika or any other missing skins, so no way would they make new items on a weekly/monthly basis.
Pepsi
Message 17 of 37 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Good thread, nicely laid out, plain and simple. Very handy.

Message 18 of 37 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Aug 11, 2012
I have another question. Since three team deathmatch is one of the ways to spend a ticket, could that be used to basically ensure a win? You would only lose 200 points. Or is there not enough kills in that mode to reach gold?
Look at what I posted, ^^^ not my signature.
Message 19 of 37 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Aug 11, 2012
If both do well in 3TDM you might not get enough points. You could let your buddy spend his ticket and get most kills, and then switch next time. But it would be much more than 200 points, since it's 20% from the whole score, and not just the 1000 base points. I've made over 2000 points in 3TDM, but that was without a buddy.
Message 20 of 37 (253 Views)
0 Likes