Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Re: Tournament System Explained [With spreadsheet and the CORRECT formula]

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2012

So how are people doing point wise?

I picked my matches carefully and got almost 4500 points in two games. But sadly I don't think I have time to use the rest of my tickets this week.

Message 31 of 37 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7532 posts

Aug 22, 2012

pro_odeh wrote:

I picked my matches carefully and got almost 4500 points in two games. But sadly I don't think I have time to use the rest of my tickets this week.

pro_odeh wrote:

really good just finish a hardcore match with 22 and 3 got 3000 points Smiley Very Happy ........generally do 3tdm with a buddy though

Sleep Matt signature
Message 32 of 37 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Quick question, do you keep the shade items unlike the gold guns? Or do you lose them after a week?

Photobucket
Message 33 of 37 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Aug 22, 2012

I think it's funny that there are threads explaining how the tourney works. This should be a sign to ND that the tourney system is somewhat opaque and confusing to their customers, and that future designs should be simpler or more transparent.

----------
All that said, fix matchmaking before anything else.
Message 34 of 37 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Wow, the spreadsheets, the formulas...

Coming from someone who sucks at math, this must have taken quite a bit of time to lay out. Many kudos to you!

I understand the point system better now thanks to your hard work.

Great thread.

Message 35 of 37 (221 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Aug 22, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

Quick question, do you keep the shade items unlike the gold guns? Or do you lose them after a week?

No, all rewards are kept for one week only (except the Djinn). You'll have to earn them again every week to keep them "forever". 

@IEATLILKITTENS

I'm glad it helped! 

Message 36 of 37 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Update: Patch 1.15 has announced some changes to the Tournament system. ND has not revealed what they are yet, but I'm almost 100% sure of one thing; you get points even if your team loses, just less than if you'd won. I'm guessing the 1000 point base is the difference.

The reason I'm so certain is that they've changed the "rules" text in-game (under records in your profile). Now it says "You will recieve less points if your team loses than you would get if your team wins". Before it said you'll get zero points if your team lost, which is how the system works now. There might be other changes, but at least this one I'm pretty sure about.

By the way, I got my first gold last week. I've been painfully close before, so it was a good feeling Smiley Very Happy

Message 37 of 37 (188 Views)
0 Likes