Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Re: [Edit] Tips/Tricks/Hints Shared HERE. Updated weekly

Aug 16, 2012

rengle598 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:
These tips seem to miss the fact that grenades don't need to be thrown to be avoided. For instance with tip one, the guy could just or jump away. The grenade you dropped to suicide would just kill you and he would escape with his life.

Similarly the second tip, revenge grenades drop slow. I don't need to throw them back to escape them. Usually I just WALK away from them. Yes walk. The fuse gives you plenty of time to get away.

Also, any tip that involves intentional suicide is scrubby. Furthermore any tip dependent on the revenge booster is useless.
That's why their "Tips" and not "Facts"

That doesn't make sense.

Tips suggests they're useful gameplay strategies. They are not. The ones in the OP that is.

These are useful stratagies, they just don't have a 100% chance of working. And did you even read the other ones? Or just the first?

Just the first. My comment was only addressed to those. Not the entire thread.

They are not useful strategies. Anything that involves revenge involves sacrificing a userful booster, and is thereby automatically useless. Anything that involves intentionally dying is useless. You should never accept death, always fight to live until you're dead. If you have the 3 or so seconds of life remaining to execute some of these manuvers that involve killing yourself and watching any decent player walk away unscaved, you could have perhaps just shot the guy.

Often I think I'm going to die but then I'm able to put someone down. Me on 10% health, them on 100%. Make sure your aim is true and use the environment (cover, shouldering, strafing) and you can get out of all sorts of tricky situations.

---

A lot of these tips so far boil down to telling me spamming fireballs is a good way to win at Street Fighter. The techniques in the OP and others in the thread are not those that will work against good players.

Message 21 of 26 (77 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Aug 16, 2012

ChronoJoe wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:
These tips seem to miss the fact that grenades don't need to be thrown to be avoided. For instance with tip one, the guy could just or jump away. The grenade you dropped to suicide would just kill you and he would escape with his life.

Similarly the second tip, revenge grenades drop slow. I don't need to throw them back to escape them. Usually I just WALK away from them. Yes walk. The fuse gives you plenty of time to get away.

Also, any tip that involves intentional suicide is scrubby. Furthermore any tip dependent on the revenge booster is useless.

That doesn't make sense.

Tips suggests they're useful gameplay strategies. They are not. The ones in the OP that is.

These are useful stratagies, they just don't have a 100% chance of working. And did you even read the other ones? Or just the first?

They are not useful strategies. Anything that involves revenge involves sacrificing a userful booster, and is thereby automatically useless. Anything that involves intentionally dying is useless. You should never accept death, always fight to live until you're dead. If you have the 3 or so seconds of life remaining to execute some of these manuvers that involve killing yourself and watching any decent player walk away unscaved, you could have perhaps just shot the guy.

Often I think I'm going to die but then I'm able to put someone down. Me on 10% health, them on 100%. Make sure your aim is true and use the environment (cover, shouldering, strafing) and you can get out of all sorts of tricky situations.

---

A lot of these tips so far boil down to telling me spamming fireballs is a good way to win at Street Fighter. The techniques in the OP and others in the thread are not those that will work against good players.

Good point, but they are tips none the less.
Message 22 of 26 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Aug 16, 2012

rengle598 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

That doesn't make sense.

---

Well there are good tips and bad ones I suppose. However only the good ones are worth sharing.

Message 23 of 26 (70 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Aug 16, 2012

ChronoJoe wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

That doesn't make sense.

---

Well there are good tips and bad ones I suppose. However only the good ones are worth sharing.

We have come to an understanding. I shall start a new thread immediately. The only ones I will include from this one are "Army of Two" "Cliff Hanger" and "Moving with the Pak" (Yes, it uses a kickback, but it's more of a trick, not a tip) If there are any other ones you think I should add, please noteify me ASAP.
Message 24 of 26 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Aug 16, 2012

rengle598 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

That doesn't make sense.

---

We have come to an understanding. I shall start a new thread immediately. The only ones I will include from this one are "Army of Two" "Cliff Hanger" and "Moving with the Pak" (Yes, it uses a kickback, but it's more of a trick, not a tip) If there are any other ones you think I should add, please noteify me ASAP.

Not saying you need to make a new thread. But do as you will.

Message 25 of 26 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3643 posts

Re: Tips/Tricks/Hints

Aug 16, 2012
I appreciate your tips rengle. They aren't perfect or anything. But they are helpful.

I've used the drop a nade just before dying with Revenge lvl 2-3 equipped. It works great when you run up in a crowd on a suicide mission. Lol
Message 26 of 26 (51 Views)
0 Likes