Fender Bender
3542 posts

Re: Thoughts on the Mesh Maps

Aug 18, 2012

main issues are the overwhelming white (a bit hard to judge distances and stuff), and the terrible spawns.

I got a 5NA earlier, the 4th guy spawned right below me, and the 5th spawn pretty near as well. I've also had many instances where I spawned very near some enemies.

Do you feel me?

Message 91 of 100 (129 Views)
Sackboy
407 posts

Aug 18, 2012
As someone else said, that sniping spot is the worst. It's like the golden tunnel in London Underground, only a lot safer (Especially if some of your teammates are protecting you), and much more annoying.

As others said, it's possible to not die at all once you get up there.

Outside of that one spot, the maps itself is pretty fun. The first few matches I played were the best mainly since no one knew where the power weapons were, nor did they know of the highest/safest point in the map.
Message 92 of 100 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2322 posts

Aug 18, 2012

My only problem with it is the amout of Power Weapons it has, the Mesh Map 1 has 4(Mag,RPG,TBolt and SAS). Just wish they were hidden around the map, 3 out of 4 PW are in the middle of the map, though sometimes its not much of a problem.

Message 93 of 100 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Aug 18, 2012

"Mesh maps" - CORRECTION, you mean Mesh map as there is only one :smileywink:

But yeah... I like the map, I just don't like playing it constantly, it gets boring after a while.

Message 94 of 100 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1162 posts

Aug 18, 2012
Correction- its Mesh maps as you have two choices in vote: Mesh Map 1 or Mesh Map 1 therefore it's maps :smileywink:
Message 95 of 100 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Aug 18, 2012
I knew someone would say that :smileywink:
Message 96 of 100 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2322 posts

Aug 18, 2012

DrakeShepard wrote:
Correction- its Mesh maps as you have two choices in vote: Mesh Map 1 or Mesh Map 1 therefore it's maps :smileywink:

meme

Message 97 of 100 (98 Views)
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Aug 18, 2012
Yeah, the second option is so much better than the first :smileywink: so different.
Message 98 of 100 (93 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1166 posts

Aug 18, 2012

As time goes by the "dead zones" on the standard maps are becoming more and more dead.  Almost no one goes anywhere else on London underground except for the hallway and the stairs, which turns it into a larger version of king-of-the-hill.  The new map had firefights all over the place.  Nice change.  The "sniper area" needs multiple entry points to discourage camping.  I like the open ramp area that you have to go up in the red zone, it's different, but I think if it was more exposed people would be easier to ambush in their climb to the top.

I think it's a great idea, I have to say, when it comes to maps I love my eye-candy, and there's not a lot here to see.  Cool to think that all maps probably start out like this.

Photobucket
Message 99 of 100 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Aug 18, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Rem-Rems wrote:

TrevskiYong wrote:

There are some right **bleep** babies around here, aren't there?

"I don't like it...because I got owned."

"I don't like it...hurts my eyes."

"I don't like it...because someone else got to the top of the red bit and I can't get up there and snipe...waaaah!!!"

It's a great map. Play the game and quit whining. If you're going to whine, at least be constructive.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised considering the number of kids / **bleep** that play this game.

I got this.

1. Villains could easily reach the RPG and the Shotgun AND the Riot shield right at the start. Heroes could easily reach the RPG. Of course, that wouldn't be much of a problem anyway.

2. The color's not good for some people. It is full of bright colors (bright red, bright blue, white) and someone left ALL the lights on at all angles. There's some sense of perspective for me, but to others, you should see how many people ran into walls, lol.

3. You could camp on the red platform lane all day (I did it. The whole match. Just there. I killed around 12 people with the M9 and the Para and nobody got up to me because some dudes were guarding the way up) and never die. Never. Bring your Tau and your Dragon and try to get the Long Ranger. They won't touch you.

If you've played with me earlier, I got stuck in the roof. Like, totally stuck. Just the legs sticking out. Took the enemy two minutes to help me get out/kill me because my teammates were too busy talking about how stupidly glitchy the map is while trying to make grenades stick on the roof.

Of course, it is a fun map, as you say. We shouldn't whine even at least about how glitchy it is, because it's a "great map."

Regarding the sniping spot, you can get people up there quite easily. It amazes me that so many have failed to figure out how to do it but whatever.

The sniping spot is only useful if the opposition wander around aimlessly in the blue section or at ground level. 

For some reason, so many players like to simply run towards where the opposition are. If you don't go towards them then they can't kill you. They will then try and come towards you. Not rocket science.

As I say, I shouldn't be surprised as there are so many kids that play this game.

There is no such thing as a perfect map yet all you hear around here is whining. 

Message 100 of 100 (61 Views)
0 Likes