Feb 05 2013
By: Magne_Tiz_M Splicer 33 posts

This is a sure thing!

10 replies 448 views Edited Feb 5, 2013
Yesterday I was on the chateau with my party of friends. We are double damage so I am in cover with two rounds in left in my t-bolt and a enemy stands in full view of the open wall looking for the easier than usual kill. I cue him up and with a glint in my eye and a chuckle, break cover, put a bullet straight through his upper chest and...nothing. The next thing I know he is shooting at me and I am on the floor.

Has anyone else had any experiences where they though easy kill just to see it slap them in the face?
Message 1 of 11 (448 Views)
Sackboy
420 posts

Re: This is a sure thing!

Feb 5, 2013
Regularly, lag can kick the t bolts **bleep** any day, lol TBH honest though I've also had kills when I know I've actually missed,
Message 2 of 11 (414 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1113 posts

Feb 5, 2013

The same thing happened to me a few days ago. An unexperienced sniper was aiming at an opponent and I had all the time in the world to put a T-Bolt shot into him. I clearly hit him in the chest. He wasn't moving at all, not before the shot, not after the shot. He did not die. How is this possible? Then, another sniper aimed at me waist-high with his Dragon and got a headshot Smiley Indifferent

Hitboxes have always been a bit crazy in Uncharted. Maybe these guys have none Smiley Tongue

No seriously, I have no explanation for this. 

Message 3 of 11 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 5, 2013
I put two dragon bullets into someone and shot a full burst of Raffica into a guy once.

He killed me still.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 11 (364 Views)
Fender Bender
2381 posts

Feb 5, 2013

People can tank a T-bolt bullet when they are just about to enter cover.

Message 5 of 11 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2377 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013
I like to call this "The Ghost Effect" as it's like shooting at something that isn't there, and bullets go right through people's bodies. Sometimes it shows the hit-marker, sometimes it doesn't.

I see it with snipers most of the time, but recently I had it happen with the RPG, the rocket went right through them, hit the wall that was directly behind them, and didn't even knock them down, I fired the second rocket right next to them and still no knock down. They killed me and it said that were using ammo award.

I'm pretty sure it's not lag related, I never saw it prior to 1.13 despite having many laggy matches before then. But what ever causes it, it's just another problem that makes this game non-competitive.
Pepsi
Message 6 of 11 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
33 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Hielke6991- I think he/she just chewed on it. The player didn't break from or move into cover just stood there entirely in view and took it like superman would.

Snake - I fully understand where you are coming from. Hope you have got over a certain laggy player from yesterdays games Smiley Wink

I took it well considering.

Thanks for your comments. It is better when your not alone, if you know what I mean.
Message 7 of 11 (238 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Feb 6, 2013
The title reminds me of a political slogan for some reason.
Message 8 of 11 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
33 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Your probably right - not much into politics though. Find me a politician you can trust and I might Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 11 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Magne_Tiz_M wrote:
Yesterday I was on the chateau with my party of friends. We are double damage so I am in cover with two rounds in left in my t-bolt and a enemy stands in full view of the open wall looking for the easier than usual kill. I cue him up and with a glint in my eye and a chuckle, break cover, put a bullet straight through his upper chest and...nothing. The next thing I know he is shooting at me and I am on the floor.

Has anyone else had any experiences where they though easy kill just to see it slap them in the face?

It's unreasonable, isn't it?  But hey, why fix anything technical when you can bludgeon your fans to Kingdom Come with pointless micro transactions and tease up patches for months and months and months on end?  Who cares if the fan base goes away?  Who cares if Dodgeball was silly fun, remove it from the list on schedule, don't surprise anyone and extend a fun/silly lab for another week.  Why do that?  Work on Objectives or Plunder?...hells no!  "Let's get some recycled tournament prizes instead, even tho the Holidays were over a MONTH AGO!  I bet you the dedicated fan will love that!"

The logic doesn't fit for such a smart group of people who happen to develop games.  NDI's communication arsenal is as thin and vapid as it gets. 

NDI, we loves you.  But man, are you for real sometimes?  The decisions.  The poor decisions.  The gawd-awful communication.  Last week it's..."it will be announced next week!"  When next week arrives the announcement is, "SEE YA NEXT MONTH!"  It's a rope a dope special, on their own fans!  Love it! 

They must really, really wrestle with their own she-devil net code.  The net code dude for this game should have been fired like 1 year, 3 months, and 5 days ago.  Yikes! 

But hey, since PSN DOWN, that's the NEW NAUGHTY DOG.  YOUR NAUGHTY DOG!   OUR NAUGHTY DOG!  EXTRA TIGHT-LIPPED CORPORATE NAUGHTY DOG  [unfortunately]!

Git used to it, it has not changed for the entire duration of this title, and I don't think it will change with TLOU.  With NDI, you hope for the best, take what you get, and live with it.  That's how they do now.  The days of care under UC2 are LONG GONE, and we will not be revisiting that Golden Era. 

Message 10 of 11 (167 Views)