Jul 22 2012
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts

This game is losing its appeal.

183 replies 1100 views Edited Jul 22, 2012

And I know I'm not the only one thinking this.  Sure you don't want to come out and say it in the community, but once again I am fully prepared to be "that guy."

I think 1.13 will honestly "revamp" some of these lost feelings for me...but soon after idk what I'll think of this game. 

I was excited to play this game over the summer because in college I didn't have much time to play, and I was thinking it'd be a great chance to join a clan and play with my friends and what not... but the magic this game had over me is just gone.  Which is saying a lot considering Uncharted 2 kept me playing for hours. 

Sitting in the lobby juts exhausts me.  For at least a week now we've been sitting in the lobby longer than it takes to even finish a match.  I dread leaving the lobby, but we're forced to because there's a good chance that the team will get split up. 

My friends list is always so shallow, and well after I've added a ton of players.  I delete people and add new people all the time, and yet it takes a miracle to get more than 5 friends playing this game at one time, and a lot of the people I have on my list I've known from U2 and are forumers. 

Once we do get into a match, we're faced with mexican supremacy.  I just played a match where the entire enemy team camped the top of desert village and we waited 6 minutes.  before anyone even made a move, then once they grabbed all the power weapons they could (and quickboom kick backs) we charged their base.  I knew not to charge because they were an experience team but it didn't matter, because I stuck probably less than 25% of my body out of cover and I got killed in less than 2 bursts.  The lag in this game is just getting sillier and sillier by the day.  I've controlled my anger a lot better than what I used to do before....and if I hadn't I gauruntee you my disk would be broken long by now.  EVERY SINGLE DEATH is laughable.  Even in situations where I have the upper hand, the game responds as if I was just standing out in the open with my thumb in my mouth. Every time I dodge bullets, I get shot through a wall or their bullet stream is 50 feet behind me and I die.  If I try to melee roll/jump/run away, they just teleport to my body.  If I try to shoot someone I have to have 3 people shooting the same guy in order to get a kill, even if I pace my shots it's like this game gives me every single badge of honor at once. 

On top of having to deal with crappy game breaking lag... I have to put up with weird environmental issues like terrible climbing detection on almost every single building/wall/climbable object.  I try to punch roll, yet my character just stands there...but if I go use this controller in another game every single button works 100% of the time. 

We've been waiting for 1.13 for at least a month now, and it just keeps getitng pushed back...that combined with the fact that this game has massive amounts of lag, it takes forever to find a match (and a laggy one at that) and controls not registering properly I'm finding more and more reason to juts not enjoy this game anymore. I would love to... I'm a huge uncharted fan and have supported ND since Jak and daxter...buying all the jak games and every shred of DLC for both U2 and 3...

I want to play this game mostly because I'm crazy good at it, but it has so many huge problems and so many tiny problems that its more enjoyable to just sit through and remember good matches than to get on and play this game. 

Idk how anyone else can do it...

Message 1 of 184 (1,100 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: This game is losing its appeal.

Jul 22, 2012

The game is losing its appeal to The Dark Knight Rises! Long live Batman!!!

Bruce Lives!

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 2 of 184 (1,078 Views)
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jul 22, 2012
Gold i respect you as a avid forumer, However i don't agree.

I know the issues are there, however i never see them. At most i wait 2 mins for a match, yea i run into Mexicans, but it's rare, and while lag is bad, it's better then most of the games on ps3.

But best of luck to you.
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 3 of 184 (1,076 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

Jul 22, 2012

This game has its problems, but i havent gotten sick of it yet

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 4 of 184 (1,075 Views)
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Jul 22, 2012
If you get faster/better internet, you will see less of this. I use a wireless network to play, I hardly see lag nor do I lag.
Message 5 of 184 (1,064 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1792 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

I have been playing this game about once every two weeks now, so I have to agree.  I used to play this game daily, but that has come to staggering halt slower than being hit by a G-Mal burst with pre-patch stopping power.

I plan on playing UC3 a lot more after 1.13, I can only hope that this patch is as epic as it is hyped to be.

Message 6 of 184 (1,060 Views)
Wastelander
659 posts

Jul 22, 2012

See Now i disagree with this

Even IF UC3 is my 3rd 4th MP Go-To- Mp Game

First off yes it could use a few ''Minor'' changes It's still a good game with Great Potential

Anyhow I want to remark with a few things Yes the Gameplay is stale

And the players can go suck it i understand

But this game CAN be great if we changed a few things Guns (Like UC2 Everything was balanced)

Also despite how more than Half of the UC3 Player Pool sucks

Everything is fair game ALTHOUGH there were Loop-holes left in boosters,maps,Guns,ect

People exploited those loop-holes and expanded them into very big problems let alone with the lag It's not so great....

But ONE thing that does not have a loo-hole is a mod....Yeah.....you all know where i'm going with this....

But overall it's the little loo-holes that were expanded not the game

"Whats it going to be? Loyalty to your country or loyalty to yourself? Your country or your old mentor, the mission or your beliefs? Your duty to your unit or your personal feelings? Look how much you've lost already! What kind of country deserves this much loyalty"-Gene
Message 7 of 184 (1,048 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012
I love fighting against laggy a** Mexicans. ( no offence). I'm sure everyone is tired of da lag, bro
Message 8 of 184 (1,038 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Jul 22, 2012

KakashiFan2 wrote:
If you get faster/better internet, you will see less of this. I use a wireless network to play, I hardly see lag nor do I lag.
It doesn't matter how good your Internet is, it matters how the laggers Internet is. If you have a bad Internet connection unfortunately it puts you at an advantage against people who have great Internet connections. People who lag are the people who kill you through walls, skate across the map and pull you down when you are already in the air or very far from the ledge Smiley Sad so having a great Internet connection puts you at a disadvantage like you, me and all people with excellent connections.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 9 of 184 (1,026 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Jul 22, 2012
kakashi quit being a smart a**. it doesn't depend on YOUR connection. it depends on da other persons connection. sorry if Im being rude, but u don't got da right to go around talkin lik that. btw, are u gay? or are u a chick? can't tell because i see a lot of gay dudes use lightning as their avatar. just wondering
Message 10 of 184 (1,014 Views)
0 Likes