Oct 31 2012
By: SpaceNun Gaming Beast 2248 posts

This game is awful pop trash.

[ Edited ]
103 replies 1220 views Edited Nov 11, 2012

Now slow down a bit heh. Don't jump me yet. I am an OLD UC2 vet and played the hell out of the summer and fall betas for this game. I have seen it transform. Despite absolutely hating the fall beta I bought this GOTY game and my oh my this has to be the laggiest game I have ever played bar none. Uncharted needs to get its priorities straight. If you want a competitive multiplayer then what the **** are you afraid of? This game has sold near 6 million and you are still matching me with people in France and Africa. I can't believe how utterly bad this game is in this regard. Almost unplayable in every other match.

The weapons I like are all unwieldy and require hours and hours of work though I myself don't really have a problem with that I still feel the recoil is insane on some of these guns. Real pistols are not usually this nuts but that is not the problem here. I can get used to the guns. I cannot and WILL not get used to this amount of lag. Coming from PC this is bat**** INSANE levels of lag.

The problem is that this game comes down to buddy spawning, lag, and loadouts before skill. I have a serious problem with this. Yes, gone are the days of U2 pre 1.05 but this is ABSOLUTELY not a substitute. People are kidding themselves if they think so. The lag in this game is literally almost unbearable. I have a direct wired connection at 3 up and 30 down and I am getting MASSIVE lag in almost every match. This game would be laughed out of the competition in real FPS/TPS pro play. In fact I don't know how it would even be allowed. I just cannot believe this is what Uncharted fans have to settle for. Don't get me wrong they did some great work on the DLC maps but other than that this game is mediocre at best. I yearn for games that don't have all this COD bull**** and perks man. Seriously, they took hardcore mode out LOFL, the only mode I ever cared for.... teh lulz just keep on coming.

Show me your hate slurpers or choose a side people. Which side are you on? Yea or **** this garbage? Is this what you want for UC4? If so then I know where I draw the line. I don't want this at all. They made some good decisions mixed in with some patently awful ones and those stick out the most for me. Don't hate me for that it's just an opinion.

Blindfire, melee, lag, and RoF make this trash almost unplayable. It's hilarious people take this game seriously to me.

Message 1 of 104 (1,220 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Re: This game is awful pop trash.

Oct 31, 2012
Wow SpaceNun, why don't you play the games you like instead of badmouthing the ones you don't. But at least you left the Starhawk forums, you were mashing that game, and didn't even own it.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 2 of 104 (1,200 Views)
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Please man I have been with this franchise since it started. What they have done here is criminal. The summer beta was gold and required a lot of skill. I wasn't THE BEST but I was a top player. As of now the lag is almost unbearable. Hate to say it but it is true. I am average and I don't care anymore. They have nerfed everything in existence yet nades are still ridiculous damage range and Gmal is useless against top players. Seriously, I will call a dev out when I please. I don't have to own Starhawk. Game is garbage and a fundamental failure in every regard much like 1.05 was for U2. Incompetent devs who watch the stats and nothing more.

Message 3 of 104 (1,189 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Oct 31, 2012
Just play U2 then. What's the point in mashing this game? The devs won't care.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 4 of 104 (1,176 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4642 posts

Oct 31, 2012
You can attribute a fair proportion of the increasing lag to Sony's greed and the online pass.

As people get bored and sell their copies, the people who then buy it used don't want to spend a further ten quid on pass for something they might not like. For every ten used game bought, I reckon maybe one person will join the multiplayer, leaving the played pool 9 short.
Message 5 of 104 (1,169 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2012

Why not mash this game. Between the slurpers and the people who simply have grown to hate this franchise you have a divide that will never mend. And ND keeps cashing in. Not like it matters. 6 million people buy your game and this is what it turns into. God I am starting to hate TPS. The FOV is also utter crap coming from PC though the visuals are amazing for the PS3.

I just don't get this. How ND just catered to all the whiners. And why the **** is hardcore taken out? Who the **** can explain that is any way possible? It was the best mode by far.

Message 6 of 104 (1,143 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 31, 2012
Because people liked Classic Mode, and with that move, they don't need to defend themselves because Classic mode lovers would go all "CLASSIC MODE IS BETTUR LOL" and all that.

Also: ND falls under Sony. Sony is EA, but with a wider coverage. That means ND has to do EA practices or else.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 7 of 104 (1,131 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Oct 31, 2012

SpaceNun wrote:

The lag in this game is literally almost unbearable. I have a direct wired connection at 3 up and 30 down and I am getting MASSIVE lag in almost every match. 

And there lies the problem (good connection)

This is how it seems to me

You're in-game with your good quick response connection standing on a wall, you jump off the wall and now you're standing on a step

Then jonny comes along with his bad slow reacting connection and sees you standing on the wall (even though you're on the step) Jonny punches you and you die

From your perspective jonny is punching thin air, but from his perspective he is punching you head on

Now you would think you'd have the advantage over jonny because of the distance you are away from him, but not so, because as far as the game is concerned a battle took place (albeit late)and it needs an outcome, and because it was jonny that hit you (even though you wasn't there anymore) he gets the favourable outcome

The game has syncing troubles et-al but sadly it's always the moody connection that has the advantage, it may be in milliseconds but it's enough to affect the games outcome

YOU'RE NOT GOOD.....YOU JUST LAG.....YES YOU!
Message 8 of 104 (1,093 Views)
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

Oct 31, 2012

LOL.

Message 9 of 104 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
626 posts

Oct 31, 2012

monkeybutler100 wrote:
You can attribute a fair proportion of the increasing lag to Sony's greed and the online pass.

As people get bored and sell their copies, the people who then buy it used don't want to spend a further ten quid on pass for something they might not like. For every ten used game bought, I reckon maybe one person will join the multiplayer, leaving the played pool 9 short.

Exactly. 

I think think once a game has been out for a year they should drop the online pass requirement.If people are still buying a game and playing still after a year,they deserve to not have to pay an extra 10$ play it online. For example what if they bought the game and bought the online pass to play online and then find out the servers are shutting down or something.

Message 10 of 104 (1,070 Views)
0 Likes