Fender Bender
3078 posts

Re: This Is Child's Play, Just give us previous skins.

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

Yeah.  Why NDI has taken this stance on older skins is beyond me.  I don't understand.  I wish they would just come out and be DEAD HONEST about why they are not making the skins. 

If it's a matter of "we don't want to spend the resources to make them" then say so.  If it's not technically possible for some super odd reason, then say that and explain, as best you can, that reason.  If it's a scheduling thing or some kind of contractual thing with the actual voice actors, then say so!  Your fans are very, very forgiving in the first place.  Why not open that communication path and be honest? 

Actually played UC2 a bit the other day and a friend was using Rika.  I'm sorry, but that skin was tight.  Her shoulder tatoo, earrings, and outfit were all super clean.  Her quotes were fantastic.  She was spicey and had personality. 

Shouldn't you sell that skin as a PREMIUM skin at this point, for a premium price, amongst other missing skins (Wetsuit Elena, Pinkerton, Dutch, Blain)?  You've been money happy since all the "New" DLC has come out ("new" meaning stuff that we can already unlock in the game without spending money, and pretty easily I might add) and since the implementation of the dirty sell em virtual tickets to pump up the cost of the Djinn skin to $15 or $20 bucks.  Why not try to make a more honest dollar by creating and selling stuff fans will actually buy? 

I don't want to pay more for skins, but if you've gotta cover your expenses by making these skins premium in price due to something like having to get the actor in the studio to complete the work, then for christsakes, do it!  We've been running out of time for a while now.  Last chance to get it right. 

Message 21 of 149 (387 Views)
Sackboy
399 posts

Sep 12, 2012

UPDATE: 

Updated a betterlist of previous skins. 

1. Wietsuit Drake
  2. Wetsuit Elena
  3. Rika Raja
  4. Pinkerton
  5. Heist Chloe
  6. Heist Flynn
  7. Heist Drake
  8.  Spaniard Descendant 

Heist Chloe is just Nepal Chloe black. If they add teh color pallettes there would be no point to heist chloe.
Flynn would just need a backpack accessory no need for heist flynn.
Heist Drake would only need a black shirt and black pants  so again they need to add color pallettes.
Spaniard Descendant wont be added because the custom characters have a mask for them.
Pinkerton and Rika Raja were barely used as it is.

They should work on stuff that needs fixing first instead of getting pointless support threads. Support support support, be grateful that the game is still getting support 10 months after release.

Message 22 of 149 (368 Views)
Fender Bender
4237 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Technical fixes > Customization.

I'd rather never get split from my party, have the spinning ring, randomly getting kicked from matches and all that BS ever again than have some stupid skin. Maybe in UC4 but not in UC3. It's too late in the games lifespan for anymore DLC since most games end their DLC cycle after the game has been out 8-9 months.

UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 23 of 149 (350 Views)
I Only Post Everything
437 posts

Sep 12, 2012

HIhi2442 wrote:

I'd rather never get split from my party, have the spinning ring, randomly getting kicked from matches and all that BS ever again than have some stupid skin. Maybe in UC4 but not in UC3. It's too late in the games lifespan for anymore DLC since most games end their DLC cycle after the game has been out 8-9 months.

Seriously guys, I'm surprised that so many smart players around here who got so much experience in this game still think like that. Everytime you guys say that, you put the argument this way:

"If they think of adding some colors they can't think of technical fixes".

or

"If they have to take some skin models back from U2, they can't think of technical fixes."

Ok, good. Now, can we finally be serious and accept the reality?

HIhi2442 wrote:

Yes, you're right. I would never disagree with this. I'm one of the firsts who want technical fixes, believe me, BUT can we, after an year that this game came out, try and guess that maybe it's not their fault if they still didn't find a fix for all of them?

Maybe it's not their fault if they still don't know how to get rid of the EULA glitch or what  is causing it?

Maybe it's not their fault if they still don't know why parties keep getting splitted? If you remember, they tried in the past to solve this (around January or so) but it didn't work. So, they are aware of this already, since a lot of months ago. They've always been aware of that, a lot before than this 'stupid skins and colors' of yours came out.

Seriously, guys, when I see posts like this I think like if you're all writing a Wish List for Naughty Dog, and you demand for those wishes to come true just because you're asking them.

Wish no.1 : We want some decent form of customization, tnx (89 kudos, make this first!)

Wish no. 2 : We want matchmaking fixes plz (76 kudos, wow!)

Wish no. 3 : We want Classic Mode (72 kudos!!!!!!)

Wish no. 4: We want technical fixes (62 kudos!!1one1!)

There's our imaginary wish list. Like if we're forcing Naughty Dog to make reality our wishes in the same order we listed them.

The thing is, there's a certain difference between "Add a new row of colors" and "Fix the party splitting issue".

There's a certain difference between "Can you create a mode with only Basic Weapons?" and "Fix the matchmaking glitches."

There's a certain difference between "Can you add some hats to our favorite skins?" and "Get rid of the EULA glitch right nao."

I'm disappointed that you really think that requests like adding colors take priority over technical fixes, just because the community is asking that.

Adding some stupid colors is something which depends from Naughty Dog's will. They just didn't want more colors because didn't want noobies to get confused when seeing a red Drake thinking that he could be a villain.

Technical fixes are not something which depends from Naughty Dog's will. They're aware of this, they're going to add some fixes in Patch 1.15, but it's not something like "Hey, fix that and that" and puff, magic! Fixes everywhere, yay!

All they can do is trying, and trying, and keep trying, until they discover what's causing them and adding them on the next patch. Meanwhile they're making better some other features of the game.

Did you really think that those developers who are going to make a copy and paste colors code for all the skins are the same developers who are struggling to find a solution for the EULA glitch? Did you really think that, after 10 months, they didn't find a fix for party splitting and such just because they've been losing time with customization and/or classic mode?

Yes, you may even call them incompetent, but they're doing their best to make us all happy. Guns adjustments took priority over everything, and we're cool with that. If they addressed technical fixes first and left guns to their original state, be sure that right now I would be reading this:

HIhi2442 wrote:

FAL and G-MAL adjustments  > Customization.

It's an endless cycle.

Sorry for this little rant. But I wasn't jumping for joy when I read all those sarcastic comments about colors and customization in that BirthBS' thread. I worked hard for that, we worked hard for that, and reading them made me feel a bit bad.

Message 24 of 149 (329 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

Luxis wrote:
I'm disappointed that you really think that requests like adding colors take priority over technical fixes, just because the community is asking that.

What did ND confirm a solution for first, the lack of customization/colors or party-splitting/spinning ring of death/random losses/zero-stats + money games? Because as far as I can see, the community was begging for advanced customization and colors so much that they really downplayed technical fixes, which are far less important than the cosmetic bells and whistles. The only bug they specifically confirmed fixing in 1.15 was the party-splitting, though they said "more" technical fixes will be in 1.15, so we'll see what they've got.

The community wasn't just asking for advanced customization. They made such a huge deal of it that ND took action for such a silly, needless addition like customization before finally telling us they'd solve party-splitting and other various technical fixes.

It's pretty clear that the community wanted colors and silly hats and items more than they wanted to be split from their party (but then again, the entitled teenagers in this community probably liked party-splitting because in their heads people just play in parties to pubstomp).

For the record, by "silly", I mean the fact that items like Bird's Nest and 3D Glasses are, you know, silly... they're goofy. I'm okay with them, but the fact this community wanted a nicer-looking game instead of a better-running one kind of reveals the overall maturity of it, and you cannot downplay how much of a big deal they made of customization and colors.

Message 25 of 149 (307 Views)
I Only Post Everything
437 posts

Sep 12, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

Luxis wrote:

What did ND confirm a solution for first, the lack of customization/colors or party-splitting/spinning ring of death/random losses/zero-stats + money games? Because as far as I can see, the community was begging for advanced customization and colors so much that they really downplayed technical fixes, which are far less important than the cosmetic bells and whistles. The only bug they specifically confirmed fixing in 1.15 was the party-splitting, though they said "more" technical fixes will be in 1.15, so we'll see what they've got.

The community wasn't just asking for advanced customization. They made such a huge deal of it that ND took action for such a silly, needless addition like customization before finally telling us they'd solve party-splitting and other various technical fixes.

It's pretty clear that the community wanted colors and silly hats and items more than they wanted to be split from their party (but then again, the entitled teenagers in this community probably liked party-splitting because in their heads people just play in parties to pubstomp).

For the record, by "silly", I mean the fact that items like Bird's Nest and 3D Glasses are, you know, silly... they're goofy. I'm okay with them, but the fact this community wanted a nicer-looking game instead of a better-running one kind of reveals the overall maturity of it, and you cannot downplay how much of a big deal they made of customization and colors.

People were begging for customization, right, and we had it, but just because it represent something that Naughty Dog has always been capable to do. It just depended by their will, like for the colors thing. We weren't asking much, we just wanted them to add new colors and unify every skin into a single one, without having 20 Drakes on our Character list. But they exploited the whole thing, adding a price to some silly hats (most of them are silly indeed, you're so right). They've been able to unify the head gear for the same characters, so they basically did what I asked in my thread since december.

This, because it was something that they could actually do if they just wanted.

I totally understand what you mean and I agree, but what I want to point out is this. I'm sure that if we didn't make any customization requests, ever, we would still be complaining about party splitting right now. I don't think that  customization, classic mode and the tournament system are the reason for which we're still waiting for technical fixes.

I don't know what kind of code they're dealing with, but we can't say that they do not care about them. They know that they're important, there are some truly serious ones like the EULA one, and they themselves admitted that they can't understand why that happen. It seems that they just can't find a solution yet, might be because the U3 team got splitted and the 'code geniuses' being a little more perceptive are in the TLOU one now. Who knows. Smiley Indifferent

Message 26 of 149 (289 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4346 posts

Sep 12, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

Luxis wrote:

lol might as well own up to it. You don't spend have to spend much time around here to realize the "maturity level" of this community.  A community with such a diversisty in people, yet if there is one thing that isn't diverse, it's the maturity level lol. That is universally around here low.

Message 27 of 149 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Sep 12, 2012

The community centers around things like customization because they're things that ND chose not to include that we want them to add, where as technical fixes go without saying as things that need to be fixed.

There's no real discussion around technical issues because we identify the issue, try to tell ND, and hopefully they can fix it. Them fixing it really isn't dependent on our constantly writing about it so much as it's dependent on them being able to figure it out. Us rallying around "fix broken stuff" is stating the obvious and won't advance the issue because our support won't make it magically be fixed faster. They need to discover the problem.

With customization there's plenty of reason to kudo and write thread after thread because it's not apparent to ND since it's something they chose not to add. We have to convince them and in that case our support most certainly does effect the likelyhood of it happening.

While it may be true that time spent creating new content like customization may take away from time that could be spent doing tech fixes, they would probably rather have something to show for their work over time so a balance of both means they will be able to continuously update. Anyways we've been asking for colors for the longest times and a few skins that they just had to copy from the previous games, and yet they created and designed many brand new hats from scratch and even implimented a new system with them, so it's not like they were ever going to focus on just tech issues anyways. Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 149 (276 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Sep 12, 2012
Pinkerton is THE man
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 29 of 149 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
399 posts

Sep 12, 2012

The reason ND takes so long to update things is because Sony has to approve the updates. I'm sure Naughty Dog could fix issues by the next 3 weeks after people started complaning.
The reason why I get so bothered by the sheep on these forums is because people complaing about Chloe's hair being grey instead of black, Lazaravich's glove being painted on instead of an actual glove, not getting more maps and not getting more co op addons.

None of that stuff effects the actual gameplay and there is ONLY so much you can do with co op. Besides we all know the heart of the multiplayer community lies in DeathMatch and playing with friends.

Message 30 of 149 (233 Views)