Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/21/2010
Offline
178 posts
 

Re: Think you can make gold tier in the new tournament system using only free tickets?

Aug 21, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
This tourney, I was able to just squeeze by Gold Tier with 18,525 points with only 6 tickets. I did have 1 amazing game where I was about 43-4, but I still didn't lose any games.

Last tourney I had over 19,000 with 7. Once I reach Gold Tier, I stop caring about using tickets. Smiley Tongue

**bleep** nice work.  43-4 you would want to hope you're going to win that match!!

Message 21 of 56 (283 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/21/2010
Offline
178 posts
 

Re: Think you can make gold tier in the new tournament system using only free tickets?

Aug 21, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Play it safe. Party of two. That would be a 100% multiplier, which is getting exactly what you deserve.

Actually I believe party of two gets you a 0.8 multiplier [1.2 - (0.4)].  

Message 22 of 56 (283 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 07/14/2011
Offline
63 posts
 

Re: Think you can make gold tier in the new tournament system using only free tickets?

Aug 21, 2012
20,000-odd points here with six tickets last week. I mostly averaged between a 2.5 and 3.5 KDR. Though in my last match I went 20-1.

From my experience the best thing to do to increase your chances of winning a game that you've used a ticket on is to activate it whilst searching (with DLC OFF!) then, before the voting starts and you can see the list of players that will be in the game with you, check to see if there are any Legacy 3/4/5 players. If there is, check their stats quickly and if they've got anything above a 1.5ish KDR then deactivate the ticket, because they will more than likely be put on the opposite team and although you may be able to handle him/her/them, your noob teammates probably won't and they'll get pasted. Smiley Very Happy

If everyone in a game is a Legacy player then just immediately deactivate the ticket because, even if you do win the game, you'll more than likely do worse (unless you're Tactician109 Smiley Tongue) KDR-wise than if you were against more inexperienced players. Every game that I used a ticket on that had only one Legacy player (or none) on the other team I won, because you can control the game and the noobs on both sides can pretty much do what they want as you'll be able to edge the win single-handedly. I'm an average player but was able to get a few Rages doing this.

Sure, you'll have to play a fair few matches inbetween the ones you actually use a ticket on as it isn't too often that you'll get matched with 8 or 9 inexperienced, non-Legacy players, but if you want Gold tier without coughing up the dosh for extra tickets then time is the price that you're going to have to pay.

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 56 (263 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/22/2011
Offline
178 posts
 

Re: Think you can make gold tier in the new tournament system using only free tickets?

Aug 21, 2012

tttty_twtster wrote:

TrevskiYong wrote:
Clearly you're a bit simple. I obviously wasn't saying that it was all about KDR. I wasn't saying that if you go 2:1 in a match (which of course, no one does, you meff) that you will get gold.

Watch any genuine 2.0 KDR player. They will go 10-5, 12-6, 14-7, 16-8 in MOST matches but will typically go 15-6 or 12-4 in a match that they win. If they play to their ability as a 2.0 KDR player then they will most likely win 8 out of 10 matches and achieve gold. You aren't that good so you won't. QED.

You're making it out to be impossible. It's clearly not as loads of people are getting gold each week.

Yeah thanks for the support again, you're clearly a moron.  You mentioned a KDR of 2 which 2 kills and 1 deaths = KDR of 2.  At least I was talking in number of kills and number of deaths when I wrote my post.

 

I averaged a KDR of 3.something and I didnt get gold or even bronze.  15-6 or 12-4 that you mention is roughly a KDR of 3.  Sorry mate it doesn't cut it.  A genuine KDR 2.0 player can play above their standard and still lose the match.  If I have a 2.0 KDR player as a teammate, does that mean I am going to most likely win 8 out of 10 matches?  Your point is retarded.

 

And you would know that loads of people are getting gold each week with their 10 free tickets how?  I know of 1 who just scraped in this week with his 10 free tickets out of a fair few players I know and play with (say 100+).  I see a lot of Gold tier players but I am guessing that a lot of those are using paid tickets.

 

If you are limited to 10 tickets, it really doesn't matter how well you play, there's still a fair chance you will not reach gold because of the random teammate factor.  As someone posted already the whole purpose is obviously for Sony/ND to rake in the $$ as people buy tickets to get to that gold tier.  It's not designed so the average joe can get it without a whole lot of luck.

 

So a new look at it.........playing solo if I score 15 and 8 AND my team wins I am going to collect 1,860 points.  Do this for 10 out of 10 matches and I am at gold (18,600 points).  If I win only 8 matches, I am going to collect 14,880 points for silver.  If I want to make bronze I need to win 5 matches (9,300 points)

 

May the matchmaking gods be with you all as you wager your free tournament tickets.


Haha, so read your post again and tell me where I'm wrong? You want support? For what? The fact that you're not very good and feel aggrieved that your average play results in, shock, an average result? Gold is the elite - it's meant to be difficult. If everyone got gold then what would be the point of the coloured tiers?

 

Let's look at your maths. You say that you went 15 and 6 or 12 and 4 and didn't get bronze.

 

15 and 6 would be: 1000 + 1500 - 480 = 2020 points

12 and 4 would be: 1000 + 1200 - 320 = 1880 points

 

Those two games create 3900 points. Multiply by 5 for 10 tickets in total = 19,500 = gold in 10 tickets

 

This isn't accounting for the invariable assists that you'll achieve. I would guess 4 assists a match minimum which is another 100 points a game.

 

I said a person that genuinely plays at the level of 2.0 KDR will achieve gold. You then state: "playing solo if I score 15 and 8 AND my team wins I am going to collect 1,860 points."

 

(1) 15 and 8 isn't 2.0 KDR. Great display of your mathematics though.

(2) Someone that has a 2.0 KDR doesn't go 15 and 8 every game, nor achieve a 2.0 KDR every game. Over time they have played enough matches to achieve a 2.0 KDR, which logically means that they started off going maybe 0.5 KDR, 1.0 KDR, 1.5 KDR, 2.0 KDR and now probably play at around 3.0 KDR - i.e. to achieve a true 2.0 KDR you have improved since the game came out.  You don't just go 2.0 in every game. They will have some games where they go 1.5 KDR but will also often go 3.0 KDR, sometimes 4.0 KDR. However, someone with a 2.0 KDR is more than capable of achieving a very strong score. There are plenty of people who have what appears to be a 2.0 KDR but are actually from that band of people that kill farmed on plunder prior to more recent patches and when you put them in a competitive battle are actually utter pish.

(3) You averaged 3.0 KDR and didn't even get bronze? Then you are either fibbing or you chose to use your tournament tickets at the wrong time.

(4) I have an almost exact 2.0 KDR. How can you explain that I've achieved gold in both weeks using my free tickets? Think I'm 31000 kills, 15,250 deaths.

(5) Yes, the random teammate factor will of course affect you which is why you will probably only win 8 out of 10 matches

(6) If it's a way to get more money for Naughty Dog then don't spend the money. If you're not good enough to achieve gold then don't play. 

 

My issue is with people like yourself that come on here, creating a new thread which essentially says nothing new. It is a challenge to get gold. Plenty of people do it. Plenty of people don't. Is the tournament system broken? No, the rules are the rules. If you can't do it then boo hoo. If you are the average joe as you put it, so the hell what? You're average. You're not meant to achieve gold. Gold is elite...dur. 

 

Just re-reading your original post is hilarious. You said that you would need to go 27-0 in 5 games (losing the other 5) to get gold. I can guarantee you that no one who has achieved gold has had to go 27-0 in a match. They will have gone 20-5, 18-8, 15-3, maybe the odd 12-5 or 10-3 and still got it. You need to use your tickets wisely and then perform to a high standard, seen only in those who genuinely achieve above a 2.0 KDR in competitive games, to get gold.

Message 24 of 56 (257 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/21/2010
Offline
178 posts
 

Re: Think you can make gold tier in the new tournament system using only free tickets?

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2012

TrevskiYong wrote:

Haha, so read your post again and tell me where I'm wrong? You want support? For what? The fact that you're not very good and feel aggrieved that your average play results in, shock, an average result? Gold is the elite - it's meant to be difficult. If everyone got gold then what would be the point of the coloured tiers?

 

Let's look at your maths. You say that you went 15 and 6 or 12 and 4 and didn't get bronze.

 

15 and 6 would be: 1000 + 1500 - 480 = 2020 points

12 and 4 would be: 1000 + 1200 - 320 = 1880 points

 

Those two games create 3900 points. Multiply by 5 for 10 tickets in total = 19,500 = gold in 10 tickets

 

This isn't accounting for the invariable assists that you'll achieve. I would guess 4 assists a match minimum which is another 100 points a game.

 

I said a person that genuinely plays at the level of 2.0 KDR will achieve gold. You then state: "playing solo if I score 15 and 8 AND my team wins I am going to collect 1,860 points."

 

(1) 15 and 8 isn't 2.0 KDR. Great display of your mathematics though.

(2) Someone that has a 2.0 KDR doesn't go 15 and 8 every game, nor achieve a 2.0 KDR every game. Over time they have played enough matches to achieve a 2.0 KDR, which logically means that they started off going maybe 0.5 KDR, 1.0 KDR, 1.5 KDR, 2.0 KDR and now probably play at around 3.0 KDR - i.e. to achieve a true 2.0 KDR you have improved since the game came out.  You don't just go 2.0 in every game. They will have some games where they go 1.5 KDR but will also often go 3.0 KDR, sometimes 4.0 KDR. However, someone with a 2.0 KDR is more than capable of achieving a very strong score. There are plenty of people who have what appears to be a 2.0 KDR but are actually from that band of people that kill farmed on plunder prior to more recent patches and when you put them in a competitive battle are actually utter pish.

(3) You averaged 3.0 KDR and didn't even get bronze? Then you are either fibbing or you chose to use your tournament tickets at the wrong time.

(4) I have an almost exact 2.0 KDR. How can you explain that I've achieved gold in both weeks using my free tickets? Think I'm 31000 kills, 15,250 deaths.

(5) Yes, the random teammate factor will of course affect you which is why you will probably only win 8 out of 10 matches

(6) If it's a way to get more money for Naughty Dog then don't spend the money. If you're not good enough to achieve gold then don't play. 

 

My issue is with people like yourself that come on here, creating a new thread which essentially says nothing new. It is a challenge to get gold. Plenty of people do it. Plenty of people don't. Is the tournament system broken? No, the rules are the rules. If you can't do it then boo hoo. If you are the average joe as you put it, so the hell what? You're average. You're not meant to achieve gold. Gold is elite...dur. 

 

Just re-reading your original post is hilarious. You said that you would need to go 27-0 in 5 games (losing the other 5) to get gold. I can guarantee you that no one who has achieved gold has had to go 27-0 in a match. They will have gone 20-5, 18-8, 15-3, maybe the odd 12-5 or 10-3 and still got it. You need to use your tickets wisely and then perform to a high standard, seen only in those who genuinely achieve above a 2.0 KDR in competitive games, to get gold.


Oh wow here we go, you really want to ignore what I am saying.  Just to humour you and give you something to do I will reply.

 

You should read posts you are interacting in carefully.  I never said I went 15 -6 or 12-4 I said I averaged a 3 KDR.

 

Point by point

1) Its close enough to 2

2) Again, it doesn't matter if your KDR is 2, you need to score like 15 kills to get any decent points

3) I averaged KDR 3 for my 10 games, but only won 4 like I said.  10 kills 3 deaths doesn't get enough points.  Its a bit difficult to control how well the rest of my team go.

4) You performed at your normal level and got lucky by winning enough games to actually score points.

5) I was only lucky enough to win 4 out of 10 games with my random teammates

6) I said I wasn't going to spend the money.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

 

Clearly you have an issue with me having an opinion and having a conversation on a forum board.  I am not sure why you feel the need to attack what I am saying.  Maybe its an elite thing that comes with a genuine KDR of over 2.0.  Your head is stuck so far up your ... with your elite blah blah blah.  Anyone can get gold mate if they want to fork out for it.  Look over the list of gold tier players and tell me they are all elite??  LMAO very hard.  

 

Please take note of this bit because everyone else can see what I am saying, just not you.  This bit is for you ------- the design of the tournament system takes very little into account of how good a player is.  The outcome of the match relies very heavily on how well your random teammates do.  Anyone can splash the cash and get gold.  I am sure it was designed this way on purpose.  I am not complaining about it or asking for it to be fixed, just giving my opinion.

 

Oh and just for the record, to get gold winning just 5 games you do need to do 27-0 or better in each of the 5 games.  Obviously from the posts of yourself and other people they are winning 8 games to get gold so no they don't have to get this good a score.  Give up yet?

 

Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 56 (233 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/21/2010
Offline
178 posts
 

Re: Think you can make gold tier in the new tournament system using only free tickets?

Aug 21, 2012

Skitz001 wrote:
20,000-odd points here with six tickets last week. I mostly averaged between a 2.5 and 3.5 KDR. Though in my last match I went 20-1.

From my experience the best thing to do to increase your chances of winning a game that you've used a ticket on is to activate it whilst searching (with DLC OFF!) then, before the voting starts and you can see the list of players that will be in the game with you, check to see if there are any Legacy 3/4/5 players. If there is, check their stats quickly and if they've got anything above a 1.5ish KDR then deactivate the ticket, because they will more than likely be put on the opposite team and although you may be able to handle him/her/them, your noob teammates probably won't and they'll get pasted. Smiley Very Happy

If everyone in a game is a Legacy player then just immediately deactivate the ticket because, even if you do win the game, you'll more than likely do worse (unless you're Tactician109 Smiley Tongue) KDR-wise than if you were against more inexperienced players. Every game that I used a ticket on that had only one Legacy player (or none) on the other team I won, because you can control the game and the noobs on both sides can pretty much do what they want as you'll be able to edge the win single-handedly. I'm an average player but was able to get a few Rages doing this.

Sure, you'll have to play a fair few matches inbetween the ones you actually use a ticket on as it isn't too often that you'll get matched with 8 or 9 inexperienced, non-Legacy players, but if you want Gold tier without coughing up the dosh for extra tickets then time is the price that you're going to have to pay.

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy

Good tips Skitz001.  Going to try them out this week.  Cheers

Message 26 of 56 (230 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/09/2012
Offline
684 posts
 

Re: Think you can make gold tier in the new tournament system using only free tickets?

Aug 21, 2012

i've got gold twice

See you in Uncharted 4!
Message 27 of 56 (229 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/22/2011
Offline
178 posts
 

Re: Think you can make gold tier in the new tournament system using only free tickets?

Aug 21, 2012

tttty_twtster wrote:

Oh wow here we go, you really want to ignore what I am saying.  Just to humour you and give you something to do I will reply.

 

You should read posts you are interacting in carefully.  I never said I went 15 -6 or 12-4 I said I averaged a 3 KDR.

 

Point by point

1) Its close enough to 2

2) Again, it doesn't matter if your KDR is 2, you need to score like 15 kills to get any decent points

3) I averaged KDR 3 for my 10 games, but only won 4 like I said.  10 kills 3 deaths doesn't get enough points.  Its a bit difficult to control how well the rest of my team go.

4) You performed at your normal level and got lucky by winning enough games to actually score points.

5) I was only lucky enough to win 4 out of 10 games with my random teammates

6) I said I wasn't going to spend the money.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

 

Clearly you have an issue with me having an opinion and having a conversation on a forum board.  I am not sure why you feel the need to attack what I am saying.  Maybe its an elite thing that comes with a genuine KDR of over 2.0.  Your head is stuck so far up your ... with your elite blah blah blah.  Anyone can get gold mate if they want to fork out for it.  Look over the list of gold tier players and tell me they are all elite??  LMAO very hard.  

 

Please take note of this bit because everyone else can see what I am saying, just not you.  This bit is for you ------- the design of the tournament system takes very little into account of how good a player is.  The outcome of the match relies very heavily on how well your random teammates do.  Anyone can splash the cash and get gold.  I am sure it was designed this way on purpose.  I am not complaining about it or asking for it to be fixed, just giving my opinion.

 

Oh and just for the record, to get gold winning just 5 games you do need to do 27-0 or better in each of the 5 games.  Obviously from the posts of yourself and other people they are winning 8 games to get gold so no they don't have to get this good a score.  Give up yet?

 

Smiley Very Happy


I'm clearly not ignoring what you're saying. What I'm doing is pointing out the irrelevence of the points. 

 

I will repeat as it's not getting through to you, a player with a KDR of 2.0 is clearly a decent player. They don't go 10-5 in a game. The average player is 1.0. Therefore a good player is likely to be top or 2nd on their team's leaderboard every match and will most likely achieve about 15 kills a match.

 

It is very hard to control how the rest of your team go, so don't use your tickets when you're put with utter noobs.

 

I don't have an issue with your opinion. I have an issue with creating a brand new thread which covers old ground when there are plenty of threads which already discuss the topic. You clearly think you're very important in posting a new thread about it. 

 

Further, of course anyone can get gold if they want to fork out or cheat but your initial point was how difficult it appears to be with the 10 free tickets. It's not that difficult, evidently, as plenty of people are achieving it without cheating.

 

Finally, why make the point of having to go 27-0 in 5 matches when it's not a true representation of what is actually required nor what anyone is likely to do? It screams of, "This tournament is unreasonable! I don't like it because I can't do it." My point is that you don't need to go 27-0 in 5 matches to achieve gold. You just need to play well, choose the right lobbies to use your tickets and then play to your potential. If your potential isn't good enough for gold then so be it.

 

Enjoy having your opinion though Smiley LOL

 

 

Message 28 of 56 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4134 posts
 

Re: Think you can make gold tier in the new tournament system using only free tickets?

Aug 21, 2012
once again, this was made to be HARD, not everyone is meant to get it.
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 29 of 56 (211 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/09/2012
Offline
684 posts
 

Re: Think you can make gold tier in the new tournament system using only free tickets?

Aug 21, 2012

IMO it's always better to go solo with DLC: Off, make sure you check player statistics before you use any tickets.

See you in Uncharted 4!
Message 30 of 56 (206 Views)
Reply
0 Likes