Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Re: The tournament system blows

Aug 27, 2012
I've pretty much given up trying to get gold on tournament. I can get 2500 points if I win usually, but that never happens. I'm almost always matched up in a team of four non-legacies against five legacies after I buy the ticket, even without parties. Gee, I wonder who's going to win!
Message 61 of 72 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Score 36 - 2 , lost the game 42 - 50, tell me more about retarted teammates?

Message 62 of 72 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
803 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Well i feel your pain, i do hate it when i lose due to bad teammates. But i think its fair, i mean you want non-legacy players who just started the game to have djinn stuff? No! Those items (and the skin itself) isnt for everyone, only the ones who can earn it. So i think its fair, you win and do good.. you get tiers, you stink and do bad.. you dont get it. Fair!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Message 63 of 72 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Try 3TDM you lose 200 for being in a party of two  with your teamate I did this for a couple matches after 3 I racked up 6500

Message 64 of 72 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Sorry OP but I've just watched your video. You didn't play well and you blame a loss on your teammates? Irrespective of how they may play, you have to remember that it's Team Deathmatch. At no point did you help your team, in fact, you actually team killed your buddy early on but the kill went to the opposition as he was under fire! If you felt like your team might lose, you should have stuck close to your teammates. 2 on 1 is better than 1 on 1, or in your case, 1 on 3 a lot of the time!

You then got yourself into multiple situations where you got yourself killed. You also wagered your ticket against a level 75 and some players that have prestiged up to level 4. 

It's meant to be a gamble. If you'd gone 25-5 then I would have had some sympathy but going 13-10, even when you had given up near the end, isn't a great performance.

And as I'm sure others have pointed out, you don't need to spend money on tickets. It's a gamble.  You gamble on your teammates and your own ability. If it was all about your performance then it would be done in Free For All.

Message 65 of 72 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
599 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2012

trianglursquared wrote:

Well I feel your pain, i do hate it when i lose due to bad teammates. But i think its fair, i mean you want non-legacy players who just started the game to have djinn stuff? No! Those items (and the skin itself) isnt for everyone, only the ones who can earn it. So i think its fair, you win and do good.. you get tiers, you stink and do bad.. you dont get it. Fair!

But this tournament isn't just based on doing well or stinking it up. A lot of people are mad because they are doing really well, for example I went 33-8 but my team lost, but their team is doing awful and they aren't getting any tournament points. The system punishes you for being  in a party, you won't get as many points, but it also punishes you for playing Lone Wolf and trying to squeak out a win on your own, your team loses, you don't get any points. So its not fair because it punishes you for playing with party that will support you and it also punishes you for playing by yourself and trying to pull a win out of your bum all by yourself.

I think that you should get points no matter what, but if you lose, you shouldn't receive the 1000 point win bonus.

Message 66 of 72 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Aug 27, 2012

This is probably the 10th thread about the tournament and you know what the recurring theme is?

Kids who are plainly average at this game complaining about the rules. What does that remind me of? Oh yes, the youth of today.

The rules are the rules. Instead of playing by the rules and just getting on with it, you complain. You say you should get points even if you lose. You blame it on your teammates because they're noobs. You blame it on the developers because you can't win.  

In fact, a lot of people don't even appear to understand the rules. Questions like, "Do assists count in tournament?" demonstrate that you can't read and you expect to get gold tier in the tournament?

To get gold is hard. It's meant to be hard. It's meant to be frustrating. Therein lies the challenge. If you can't go into a match and get 20 kills and fewer than 10 deaths whilst helping your TEAM win the match, tough **bleep**, mate. You're not worthy of getting gold with your 10 tickets.

I accept that there are exceptions. There are some really good team players who are ultimately beaten by the opposing team in unfortunate circumstances but this is why you are gambling your tickets. I mean, why don't the developers allow you to choose whether to use your ticket after the match ends? That would make it easier for you average players, wouldn't it? It would take away the frustration of losing a ticket, wouldn't it? Then you can get gold with your 10 tickets without any sweat.

Instead of sucking it up and accepting that you're not very smart at choosing when to select your ticket/not great at the game, you'll find fault in others. Sorry but the rest of your life is going to be one hell of a struggle.

It'll be easier when you all go back to school though as you can complain about loads of other things in your lives! Smiley Very Happy

Message 67 of 72 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Dude i totally agree with you, im sick and tierd of losing my tickets becuase of unfair matchmaking, i get stuck with all the noobs well the other team has all 7th legacey players. I also somtimes lose tickets becuase the game glitches out at the begining at the loading screen with the ring and i have to restart the game and when i come back a ticket is gone. This needs to be fixed i have spent money and im guessin there is no refunds.

Message 68 of 72 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Aug 27, 2012

RICE-A-RONI14 wrote:

Dude i totally agree with you, im sick and tierd of losing my tickets becuase of unfair matchmaking, i get stuck with all the noobs well the other team has all 7th legacey players. I also somtimes lose tickets becuase the game glitches out at the begining at the loading screen with the ring and i have to restart the game and when i come back a ticket is gone. This needs to be fixed i have spent money and im guessin there is no refunds.

My point precisely. You should go and tell your mummy on Naughty Dog. They are mean!

Message 69 of 72 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Aug 27, 2012

I kind of forgot that tournament mode even existed. It wasn't exactly "fun" to me so I just play regularly.

Message 70 of 72 (68 Views)
0 Likes