Wastelander
588 posts

Re: The tournament system blows

Aug 14, 2012

they way I see it, I %100 I agree with you mate.

I like the gambling and the waging factor of it and all.

but however the fact that you don't get any points for losing the match is total BS and stupid, why should I suffer because of stupid unbalanced match-matching system and stupid team-mates.

I will give ND some kudos for inspiring people to play solo and not have to relay on their friend(s) by decreasing the amount of points you get if you play in a party, but having the fact you don't get any points when you lose the match just totally defeats the point of inspiring player to play solo.

would you rather play solo, LOSE the match and get NO point? or play in a party, WIN the match but get little points?

you'd pick option 2, exactly.....

second of all, this whole "buy extra tickets" is also dumb....

because number one, just like I said above, it is a gamble but with real money basiscally and you don't know if you will win for sure or not because you might get stupid team match due to unbalanced match-making system.

and also because number two, like I said above, I like the waging/gambling factor, but the fact that you don't get to keep what you unlocked with you bronze or silver tier is total BS and stupid. why would I gamble on something that I will lose even though I won it? lets just say I wanted to get the Golden M9 so bad, what do I do? oh ill buy more tickets and unlock em' , AWESOME ! Smiley Very Happy , oh wait... you don't get to keep the rewards? Great well now I just wasted my money on the tickets I bought to unlock the Golden M9.... AGAIN, TOTAL BS !

what I am thinking can be a solution for the first problem (you get no points for losing) , is simply make it so that, a player should get point on thier preformence, not just get point only of they win they match.  No? okay ND then if you don't want to do that, then thats fine. then Make Free For All an eligible playlist for the tournament, that way we don't have to suffer losing a ticket due to unblanced matchmaking, party dominance and stupid team-mates.

for the second problem (gambling/losing you're money on something that you don't get to keep) , again, just simply be able to keep the stuff you unlocked... OR if you have the ability to buy more tickets WITH IN-GAME CASH NOT REAL MONEY. that way we don't lose our REAL money by gambling on virtual item and ending up losing them.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 31 of 72 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Aug 14, 2012

this is the whole point of a wager a bet a gamble.....you know what you are getting yourself into and if you lose that you get nothing don't like it? dont gamble its that simple the gamble is you bet the ticket you win you take it all based on stats you lose you get nothing whats so hard about that...........

Sleep Matt signature
Message 32 of 72 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Aug 14, 2012
I agree it's not my favorite mode, but it's part of the idea of the mode to know when to use your tickets, whenever I use one I have to play at least 2 matches in the same lobby, check stats and plan what to do if I get dumb team mates. There is no 100% chance that you will walk out victorious, it's a risk and you decide if the risk is worth taking.

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 33 of 72 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Zonnex wrote:

Enemy Team VS My Team

That's hilarious! Exactly how it is with randoms. Also, no gold Dragon Sniper as a reward means I don't care about this tournament system ND... Smiley Mad

Message 34 of 72 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Aug 14, 2012
First, sorry for the wall of text. Im typing this on my phone. ND will never change the 'your team loses; you wont be awarded points'. Why? It is quite simple. People want to achieve Gold. And to do so, you need to win every match with a kill/death difference of ~8. Now a difference of 8 isn't hard at all for the good players, however the average player will "strugle" with this. Now this average player loses a match, resulting in not achieving gold. What does he do? He buys tickets to get Gold. This is the main way ND makes money of the tournament (and those guys who want to be top 10 in points haha). Keep complaining, it wont be changed because ND would lose moneyincome if you get tickets every game.
Message 35 of 72 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Migas23 wrote:

agreed.It's so frustating when you have a good game and still lose due to retarded teammates.

That's life.

There are so many things dependant on the co-operation of other people, not just in Uncharted, but everywhere. You'll find that most these activities are infuriating if you constantly blame and in turn resent inferior participants. If you want better players you have the ability to actively control who you play with through the party system. Instead of complaining, do that. Define the outcome of the game by manually defining the players on your team.

Message 36 of 72 (317 Views)
Sackboy
449 posts

Aug 14, 2012

ChronoJoe wrote:

Migas23 wrote:

agreed.It's so frustating when you have a good game and still lose due to retarded teammates.

That's life.

There are so many things dependant on the co-operation of other people, not just in Uncharted, but everywhere. You'll find that most these activities are infuriating if you constantly blame and in turn resent inferior participants. If you want better players you have the ability to actively control who you play with through the party system. Instead of complaining, do that. Define the outcome of the game by manually defining the players on your team.

Except that if you want to get Gold tier, you can't do that without forking over money to ND.

You're partially right about it's part of life, but what's also part of life is removing people that don't pull their weight (i.e. at work, school etc.) by ''kicking them out''. Something which you can not do in Uncharted unless you're in party.

Message 37 of 72 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

Fries00 wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

Migas23 wrote:

That's life.

Except that if you want to get Gold tier, you can't do that without forking over money to ND.

You're partially right about it's part of life, but what's also part of life is removing people that don't pull their weight (i.e. at work, school etc.) by ''kicking them out''. Something which you can not do in Uncharted unless you're in party.

Shouldn't be able to kick people for being bad. It's a game they payed for and have the right to play as badly as they like. As I said, it's your right to avoid them by joining a party.

Message 38 of 72 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Aug 14, 2012
But if you want Gold tier, you can't be playing in one without paying money.

So essentially, the game should have an 18+ rating now because it has gambling in it.
Message 39 of 72 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Fries00 wrote:
But if you want Gold tier, you can't be playing in one without paying money.

So essentially, the game should have an 18+ rating now because it has gambling in it.

Nah.

In Japan gambling is illegal. However they get around this by having people buy and exchange buy steel balls and play with them, which they then exchange for cash at a seperate store. This is kinda similar to that in that you're not exchanging anything for cash. It's gambling but circumvents that.

Similar systems are present on Fifa and Madden games. You pay cash to buy pack for Ultimate Team, in these packs are random assortments of players. It's a gamble, in a sense, but at the same time it's not because you always get what you payed for. In Uncharted 3 some tickets in Fifa some players.

Point is gambling laws are very specific and easily circumvented so under law this is not gambling even though you're making a gamble with cash input. I dunno if that's right or wrong, moral or not, but it's legal.

Message 40 of 72 (290 Views)
0 Likes