Dec 05 2012
By: Lenown Wastelander 698 posts

The problem with the "get the money scheme?"

15 replies 400 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

I look at it like this. They have to make money to afford to pay the developers to patch and update this game. GoW forces you to by their map packs to play on their dedicated servers. You have to pay to play most of the big name MMO's. If not you have to buy ingame items with real money. Then CoD has CoD elite. It's endless

I'll throw some money ND's way to help them improve the game I'd love to hate as much as I do.

So you people say its a money scheme. I say it's a way they can keep updateing it and fixing it.

Sure not ALL the money goes back into the game but it helps.

Plus a dev said last month that they didn't know if they have the fundage or resources to put in a region toogle. But if more people bought their DLC (and maybe tickets) they would have the funding to do so.

You people want a perfect game. Well perfect isn't cheap Smiley Very Happy

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Message 1 of 16 (400 Views)
Wastelander
622 posts

Re: The problem with the "get the money scheme?"

Dec 5, 2012

Not everything is free. ND and other developers do this for a living, so you expect them to do all of that work and not pay anything? Games are buisness after all. Kudos.

Message 2 of 16 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Dec 5, 2012
Bull$#!!

Perfect takes work and dedication and capability. You want to charge me $85 for a video game and twill me fixing it costs more? More!?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 3 of 16 (368 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Dec 5, 2012
There's another reason too
I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 16 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Dec 5, 2012

scootgar wrote:
Bull$#!!

Perfect takes work and dedication and capability. You want to charge me $85 for a video game and twill me fixing it costs more? More!?

I never said it was the best thing. But everybody needs money (some want more money then they need) so why wouldn't ND be the same way. They have to save their own money for other projects so they don't scrap them, or want to put extra money into whatever their developing. So why not make some money on the side while their at it. (ND don't strike me as money greedy people, but I donno they might be)

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Message 5 of 16 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
622 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Lenown wrote:

scootgar wrote:
Bull$#!!

I never said it was the best thing. But everybody needs money (some want more money then they need) so why wouldn't ND be the same way. They have to save their own money for other projects so they don't scrap them, or want to put extra money into whatever their developing. So why not make some money on the side while their at it. (ND don't strike me as money greedy people, but I donno they might be)

Or rather, more people playing.

Message 6 of 16 (347 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Dec 5, 2012

The game has some serious problems and it's not even close to ND's promises that they made before its release. I think we've given them enough money already. The things we ask for aren't that hard to do...

60$ was the price for UC3, a game that has both SP and MP, a MP that will have long-time support for many years and also lots of costumization. Again, 60 was the price for that. Not everything was there. We paid for DLC. You need all DLC map packs to play any DLC maps regularly. We also had to pay for the same skins that we already paid for in Uncharted 2 and so on. And now... the costumization that was supposed to be in the game right from the start costs another "I don't know how much".

No, sorry, I cannot agree with you. They have sold millions of copies, they have made tons of cash with their DLC but more than one year after its release, the game still has many of its original problems and even more than its predecessor.

There would be so much more to write but it's late and I think everyone gets what I'm saying...

Message 7 of 16 (306 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Boohoo for the publishers/developers. I don't feel the least bit sorry for them when they start selling out.

This is the same industry that keeps trying to say that they deserve a cut of the revenue made from used game sales and locks content on the disc, forcing players to pay extra to unlock it as "DLC". I don't see Honda looking for a check any time one of their vehicles changes owners or McGraw Hill crying about Half Price Books reselling older, second-hand copies of their publications. I don't see Ford including air conditioners in all their cars when you buy them but requiring a special "unlock fee" in order for you to use it.

Bottom line, the gaming industry thinks it's a special child and can do almost anything to screw its consumers over. Because it's a relatively new industry and not very regulated, they can get away with lots of crap that other industries can't. I will NEVER feel sorry for them because they think they're not squeezing their consumers as dry as they potentially could be.

Message 8 of 16 (295 Views)
Fender Bender
2404 posts

Dec 6, 2012

pdiss88 wrote:

Boohoo for the publishers/developers. I don't feel the least bit sorry for them when they start selling out.

This is the same industry that keeps trying to say that they deserve a cut of the revenue made from used game sales and locks content on the disc, forcing players to pay extra to unlock it as "DLC". I don't see Honda looking for a check any time one of their vehicles changes owners or McGraw Hill crying about Half Price Books reselling older, second-hand copies of their publications. I don't see Ford including air conditioners in all their cars when you buy them but requiring a special "unlock fee" in order for you to use it.

Bottom line, the gaming industry thinks it's a special child and can do almost anything to screw its consumers over. Because it's a relatively new industry and not very regulated, they can get away with lots of crap that other industries can't. I will NEVER feel sorry for them because they think they're not squeezing their consumers as dry as they potentially could be.

This. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 9 of 16 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Didn't I pay money already by just buying the game? Where did that go to, beer parties?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 10 of 16 (268 Views)
0 Likes