Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Re: The map you hate with every fiber of your being. (Cog posted xD)

Aug 4, 2012

Museum takes the cake on this one.

Please use plain text.
Message 111 of 164 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
96 posts

Aug 4, 2012
Syria. That power position, the spot at the tower towards the wide, didn't show up at the level it did until we went live with the map. That said, I do like how it forces conflict in that section but it does grow tiresome after 8 months. Whatever you say about this map for competitive, I love it for coop. Siege on this map is brutal and Shade Survival is awesome until they the npcs start climbing ladders..... We had full intention to fix this but it would have been a heavy task for programming given the setup on the code side. Keep posting!
Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 164 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Aug 4, 2012

cog182 wrote:
Syria. That power position, the spot at the tower towards the wide, didn't show up at the level it did until we went live with the map. That said, I do like how it forces conflict in that section but it does grow tiresome after 8 months. Whatever you say about this map for competitive, I love it for coop. Siege on this map is brutal and Shade Survival is awesome until they the npcs start climbing ladders..... We had full intention to fix this but it would have been a heavy task for programming given the setup on the code side. Keep posting!

The map is fine layout wise... but two Tbolts is too much, especially considering that there's also a Sawed Off and an RPG for such a small open map. Also the spawns are very easy to camp on the back corner opposite the tower and this isn't helped by the availability of Tbolts. Moving the spawns around little bit so they aren't in the open and settling for a single Tbolt could do wonders for the map.

Getting a little more wishful, the center building where the RPG spawns, has a third floor/roof that's pretty high up and after noticing it in a cinema I thought it would have been great if that were accessible by multiple handholds and ladders around the center building. I just think it would have made camping harding due to the best vantage now being in the middle of the map rather than the top corner, yet it would still be able to be flanked from almost all sides.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 164 (301 Views)
Gaming Beast
1876 posts

Aug 4, 2012
Cog I remember you posting on how the tunnel was there to act as a spawn point, but are you ever planning on fixing some maps, I remember Eric posting a while back you guys were gonna run some pre alpha stages of maps in the Lab.
Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 164 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
659 posts

Aug 4, 2012

cog182 wrote:

Now if even a ND creator dislikes a level there's something wrong for me i HATE with a burning passion that can freeze hell itself is

Villiage that map drives me crazy

But on Co-op it is brutal but fun

"Whats it going to be? Loyalty to your country or loyalty to yourself? Your country or your old mentor, the mission or your beliefs? Your duty to your unit or your personal feelings? Look how much you've lost already! What kind of country deserves this much loyalty"-Gene
Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 164 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Re: The one map that makes you go...

Aug 4, 2012

Desert Village. The Lost City. Museum.

They say that the time is the fire in which we burn
Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 164 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 4, 2012

cog182 wrote:

Heh. I thinking the same. Syria is pretty cool for co-op and Team Obj. but for TDM it's just pain in the a..

Players from opposite team should respawn in more safe zones - Not on front of T-Bolt/G-Mal/Drugonov rifles. And DAT Hill... TDM in Syria beetwean 2 "tryhard" parties it's nothing but King Of The Hill. 

Same in Dessert VIllage sometimes...

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 164 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 4, 2012

if i had to pick just one.... it would be..... cave i think??, there are a few contenders though.

Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 164 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Aug 4, 2012

My most hated maps? Thats easy.

Museum- Long Range map (Nuff' said)

Facility- Campy, looks bad, and one team will ALWAYS be using power weapons constantly.

Airstrip- Same as Museum and Facility. Except it doesn't look that bad.

Sanctuary- I just hate it

All Drake's Deception Maps- Graveyard has way too many PW for my style, Old Quarter is too long range for me, Same for Oasis, and London Streets is just plain old terrible.

Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 164 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2343 posts

Aug 4, 2012

Temple ugh, I hate that map. 2nd comes Syria with its straight out HORRIBLE spawns.

Wanna play a game of hangman? :smileywink:
Here's my FN profile, CLICK IT.
Please use plain text.
Message 120 of 164 (308 Views)
0 Likes