Splicer
66 posts

Re: The one map that you hate with every fiber of your being.

Aug 3, 2012

Realy? I like the Old Quarter. I've had some great games on it.

I guess different people have different tastes.

Message 61 of 164 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Aug 3, 2012

It's too dark and the map weight just destroyed it completely.

Message 62 of 164 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
38 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Temple makes me groan. It's a horrific map that makes me want to bash my head against the wall.

Message 63 of 164 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Molten Ruins, Chateau, and London Underground for Plunder.  Worst spawns of all time for that gametype. 

As and aside: 

cog182 wrote:
I'd say Desert Village and Chateau. DV has that building in the middle that really does control the map. That map came in late and just didn't get the play time like so many others. If I could remove access from that center building I would. Cha just rarely plays as planned. There was intent on changing a lot but time didn't allow it. If I did it again I'd remove access to the bottom floor in hope of pushing interest to control the second floor. Time to conflict would have been a lot shorter. I'd have also created better access to the zip line entrance. Making games is hard. Making good games is really f$&/:ing hard. Keep posting your thoughts!

Lemme just say "thanks" for coming in and posting.  So cool to see the actual mastermind come in and participate.  Really cool! 

Message 64 of 164 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Museum, makes me want to sing this: 

Message 65 of 164 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Fort, it was fine it U2 but now it's dead to me.Smiley Sad

Message 66 of 164 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

The Sanctuary, I hate it so much, I just can't go two steps on that map with out getting killed.  I don't know why,   I have the occasional good game on all the maps but on Sancuary, lost cause.

Message 67 of 164 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

cog182 wrote:
Yeah, that's just a case of play time on a map starting to show weak spots for LU. That curve at the back was intended for a spawn spot and the long tunnel was suppose to favor the lower side with grenade spawns and a shield, something that showed success in the office, but fell flat over time after release.

It is cool to see you responding Cog, from what I can tell you're really down to Earth, I like that. I agree with Desert Village's middle building being kinda lame but besides that I love the map since I'm a pulldown fiend.

I think Cheateau would have been cooler if the zipline room also burned down so that the way the map played changed a good bit. Again though, I don't think Chateau is a bad map, just a repetitive one. I just wish more action took place outside because it is the more interesting part of the map in my opinion. Taking away the turrets could solve that problem.

As for LU, someone mentioned putting some bars near the side of the chest on top of the stairs. If you did that and moved the chest (you guys said you could tweak chest locations right?) to the middle of the map I think that would help it out a lot! Oh, and give the villains a Mag-5 for a power weapon!

EDIT: Found the bar repositioning spot! Credit goes to Sjshane. If you can't put bars there, please just do something! Add rubble, anything! (each suggestion I'm posting got over 20 kudos, people want it Smiley Happy)

From here

Uncharted 3_ Drake's Deception™_50.PNG

to here

Uncharted 3_ Drake's Deception™_51.PNG

Of speaking of which, it would be cool if the Facility had a ladder at the T-bolt spot, it would make camping a lot more bearable.

facility

tlousig2
Message 68 of 164 (341 Views)
Sackboy
495 posts

Re: The one map that makes you go...

Aug 3, 2012

wow why? I love Facility and I never camp at the top except during power plays in TDM.

----------
All that said, fix matchmaking before anything else.
Message 69 of 164 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
724 posts

Aug 3, 2012
I love falling to my own death, by mistake, poor judgement, accident, or even forced; there is something funny about it. That's why I have no problem with highrise or any map that could potentially kill me by falling down.

So, to answer the topic question, I would have to say City of Brass. Looks good but I hardly find battles to join. I spent most of my time running around trying to find the enemy. The match ends and I usually end up with a very few kills and deaths.
Message 70 of 164 (337 Views)
0 Likes