Fender Bender
3591 posts

Re: The one map that you hate with every fiber of your being.

Aug 3, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Oasis and Museum.

imagesCATLIY1M.jpg

Exactly this:

Oasis = VVTF so bright, such an annoying layout..so bright!

Museum..every museum TDM (dunno bout other modes), I always get stuck in the pre-game lobby

_______

Other bad maps are Graveyard and The train sequence (the actual LU is okay-ish, but not great.)

Do you feel me?

Message 41 of 164 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Aug 3, 2012
Highrise, Facility, London Underground, and probably Museum, but especially Highrise.

Graveyard stuffers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4482958/Silly_ass_ID_by_SuperGilfer.jpg
Message 42 of 164 (616 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Syria I hate that map with a  passion, I juust don't feel safe on it at all

Message 43 of 164 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Oasis is superfun for me bc i always do good on tht map

Message 44 of 164 (610 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
112 posts

Aug 3, 2012
I'd say Desert Village and Chateau. DV has that building in the middle that really does control the map. That map came in late and just didn't get the play time like so many others. If I could remove access from that center building I would. Cha just rarely plays as planned. There was intent on changing a lot but time didn't allow it. If I did it again I'd remove access to the bottom floor in hope of pushing interest to control the second floor. Time to conflict would have been a lot shorter. I'd have also created better access to the zip line entrance. Making games is hard. Making good games is really f$&/:ing hard. Keep posting your thoughts!
Message 45 of 164 (592 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6488 posts

Aug 3, 2012

cog182 wrote:
I'd say Desert Village and Chateau. DV has that building in the middle that really does control the map. That map came in late and just didn't get the play time like so many others. If I could remove access from that center building I would. Cha just rarely plays as planned. There was intent on changing a lot but time didn't allow it. If I did it again I'd remove access to the bottom floor in hope of pushing interest to control the second floor. Time to conflict would have been a lot shorter. I'd have also created better access to the zip line entrance. Making games is hard. Making good games is really f$&/:ing hard. Keep posting your thoughts!

I remember now that you you added handholds to reach the zipline window from the outside between the June and Subway betas, and I think that helped the map a great deal.

I'm curious how  you feel about London Underground though, or more specifically the tunnel that goes up the left from the single train track side, and why you had the tunnel go back so far. That whole half of the map gets a lot more traffic because people constantly want to hole up in the back of that tunnel, and due to the weird curve and the unneven ceiling surface even getting grenades in there to kill them is difficult. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Message 46 of 164 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1792 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

cog182 wrote:

Well Desert Village is actually exploited by camping the top of the map, it's almost impossible to take down a well organized team that camps there the whole match.  A way to possibly fix that is too spawn an RPG or Hammer on the lower side of the map.

I think the added climbable wall underneath the zip-line really helped balance out Chateau a lot, it used to be a lot worse in the Summer Beta.

Message 47 of 164 (577 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
599 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Trainwreck.

I hate that map with the fiery passion of a thousand  burning suns. Cat Mad

I'm 100% positive that I have yet to have a good match on that map. I usually play the lag clan from Asia or South America when I play that map. It also seems that everyone else in the world is much better at killing me from ACROSS THE MAP than I am at even hitting them, and they are never sniping. That map can take a trip down a black hole for all I care.

Message 48 of 164 (564 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
112 posts

Aug 3, 2012
Yeah, that's just a case of play time on a map starting to show weak spots for LU. That curve at the back was intended for a spawn spot and the long tunnel was suppose to favor the lower side with grenade spawns and a shield, something that showed success in the office, but fell flat over time after release.
Message 49 of 164 (563 Views)
Survivor
2305 posts

Aug 3, 2012

cog182 wrote:
Yeah, that's just a case of play time on a map starting to show weak spots for LU. That curve at the back was intended for a spawn spot and the long tunnel was suppose to favor the lower side with grenade spawns and a shield, something that showed success in the office, but fell flat over time after release.

Off topic, but which map do you like the best?

Message 50 of 164 (407 Views)
0 Likes