Apr 29 2012
By: Ro1ism Lombax Warrior 250 posts

The depressing Community of Uncharted 3

46 replies 55 views Edited Apr 29, 2012

Every time i come to these forums it feels as if the fans are so ungratefull for what they got.

I mean, nerf after nerf etc. constantly complaining. it's so tiring. even more tiring is the cheap excuse

people use when you complain about the complainers (oh, irony! i know) "But we just want the game to become

the best game possible".

You don't care about others, you just want your playstyle to be superior so you can enjoy the game more.

Now i know ND can make some mistakes but the over excessive spamming of the same message in differant forms

is getting very annoying.

It's late and i am too tired to spell my english correctly.

Message 1 of 47 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Re: The depressing Community of Uncharted 3

Apr 29, 2012

No offense, but you are complaining about complainers and about people who complain about complainers...

And yet, there is some truth to your words. I hate it when threads that bring up important issues or innovative ideas that would improve the MP get buried beneath the crap...something should be done by moderators to ensure there's no "repeat" threads, but will it happen? Probably not.

Don't blame the community as a whole for the actions of a few.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 2 of 47 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4545 posts

Apr 29, 2012

You're just complaining about complainers (Inception 2: Complaining) but I agree with you. We need more constructive feedback and we also need to praise the changes ND has made before asking for more tweaks

Photobucket
Message 3 of 47 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2305 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Ro1ism wrote:

Every time i come to these forums it feels as if the fans are so ungratefull for what they got.

I mean, nerf after nerf etc. constantly complaining. it's so tiring. even more tiring is the cheap excuse

people use when you complain about the complainers (oh, irony! i know) "But we just want the game to become

the best game possible".

You don't care about others, you just want your playstyle to be superior so you can enjoy the game more.

Now i know ND can make some mistakes but the over excessive spamming of the same message in differant forms

is getting very annoying.

It's late and i am too tired to spell my english correctly.

Most fans are greatful to this game. In my view, it's the casuals who are ungreatful and complain.

Message 4 of 47 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2305 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Shrantellatessa wrote:

You're just complaining about complainers (Inception 2: Complaining) but I agree with you. We need more constructive feedback and we also need to praise the changes ND has made before asking for more tweaks

What if someone complains all the way down to the Limbo state in Inception and gets trapped within the forums forever.

Message 5 of 47 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4545 posts

Apr 29, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

What if someone complains all the way down to the Limbo state in Inception and gets trapped within the forums forever.

max

Some people have already reached that stage lol

On topic, you said that it's the casuals that complain more usually.

That's partly true and I think the reason is that since they don't visit the forums and read the blog posts as regularly as we do, they're not really aware of the process behind the changes that ND brings to the MP. That makes them think that those updates just come out of the blue to "ruin" their game while they're actually the fruit of lengthy "negotiations" with ND and of the fans feedback (I'm not talking about about nerf this nerf that, but about constructive criticism with sold arguments and examples...etc) in an attempt to actually the game better.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 47 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
435 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Yea i say the same thing that some people on here are very ungrateful and look for stuff to complain about it gets old.

Message 7 of 47 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Apr 29, 2012

I am anti-complaining.

Today, I didn't seem to have a problem with the ROF M9, which I saw plentily while playing 3TDM today. I was using the AK-47 and beat it, so... the ROF M9's OP, but I'm actually much happier with the weapon balance after using the AK nearly all day today.

I don't think the G-MAL is overpowered, and I don't use the gun as my own go-to weapon. I use the M9, AK, and G-MAL. Those are the three most popular guns to use because they are all the easiest to use. Well, the KAL-7 is the easiest to use if you can sneak around with it. Doesn't make it "skillful" unless you aim it, which is awesome, but impractical.

I beat the G-MAL and ROF M9 plenty of times, both with a G-MAL and an AK-47. I think it just comes down to how you use the guns. Use an AK at long distance against a G-MAL, and yeah... that won't end well for you because the AK isn't built for long distance gunfights. The G-MAL is. Use a G-MAL for short distance and an AK, and it will clearly lose if the AK user has any sort of competence. It will lose 100% of the time unless you start shooting two seconds after a full burst is put into you. So it's all about your aim and having appropriate reaction time. Not Nintendo-veteran kind of reaction time and pattern memorization, just the kind that you should have if you're going to play multiplayer.

If the G-MAL gets nerfed, the Dragon will reign long range gunfights, Sully's loadout will become very popular as once 80% of your health is cut by a Dragon bullet, one guy just needs to go over to your location (which he knows of because Sully's Dragon has Call Out) and either punch you or spray two Micro bullets (Sully's Micro has Blindfire Accuracy) at you and you're dead. The ROF M9 will easily become the go-to weapon for mid-range and if not that, the AK which has the kind of accuracy at short-mid range the G-MAL has at mid-long range and the stopping power the G-MAL used to have, and that will be complained about first, and after ten months, the ROF M9 will finally get nerfed. Seriously NeVeO, Blennerville, SKIN, JAHAD, DevilDestiny, be grateful that the G-MAL is the go-to gun of the game, not the Dragon + Micro loadout.

That's just how it goes in this community, and I'm as disappointed in it as you are, Ro1ism.

Message 8 of 47 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Personally I think it's just the knee-jerk reactions of some people & the way that they present their ideas that are problematic for the forums (that, and trolls).  However there were some things that needed outright fixing (blindfire, FAL-SS body damage, quick boom, shottie, etc.) and without us pointing out those problems, they wouldn't have been fixed.  How will ND know what to do without feedback from the community?  Version 1.00 was what they considered "finished", and look how much had to be changed to make the game playable.  The game right now is pretty much balanced IMO and all that's left is some minor polishing.

I feel like I've heard all the arguments about ROF, G-MAL, etc. and you know what?  It's all up to ND at this point, meaning arguing about it solves nothing.  The guns are pretty much as balanced as they're gonna get, and the kickbacks + boosters are also fine IMO.

The only thing worth checking on the forums these days is the Meme thread.  Everything else that has any substance is already being looked into.  Might as well sit back and enjoy a few laughs.

sigbar

Message 9 of 47 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Apr 29, 2012

i know, that's why i wrote: (oh, irony)

Message 10 of 47 (55 Views)
0 Likes