Dec 13 2012
By: snake134678 Lombax Warrior 208 posts

The best fix for matchmaking.

18 replies 269 views Edited Dec 13, 2012

The way it is right now makes it harder for low levels to see high levels with the player pool being small this is bad especially for dlc players and adds lag but you cant just put a level 1 up against legacy 5 so here's my fix.

Make matchmaking all ping based and make a new gamemode called bootcamp were only level 45 or lower can join make it for all gamemodes that means co-op too low levels want to play easy or normal but high levels just find that boring then leave this would fix that.

Making this gamemode means there wont be any chance of high level players of meeting low players unless they want to making the player pool bigger.

Please support.

Message 1 of 19 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Re: The best fix for matchmaking.

Dec 13, 2012
Lets see what people think.
Message 2 of 19 (255 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Honestly, that probably wouldn't work. Level 1-45 would split the player pool too much, since we're copying Black Ops 2 (I assume that's where you got the idea from) then let's leave it 1 to 10, or at least 1 to 15.

But the problem with matchmaking is lag, so making a new mode will just split the player pool even further, therefore increasing lag. So interesting suggestion, but I don't think it's a good idea.

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 19 (249 Views)
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Inb4 alts for bootcamp.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 19 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Only way to fix it is to hell with levels based matchmaking.

I don't think blackops 2 has any kind of level based matchmaking because I'm just lvl 24 there first perstige and I vs EVERYBODY no matter their level or perstige.

Plus when cog and eric said the game was heavely based on ping and geolocation. I call **bleep**. I still have yet to run into 1 american with a mic except during prime time in america.

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Message 5 of 19 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Lenown wrote:

Only way to fix it is to hell with levels based matchmaking.

I don't think blackops 2 has any kind of level based matchmaking because I'm just lvl 24 there first perstige and I vs EVERYBODY no matter their level or perstige.

Plus when cog and eric said the game was heavely based on ping and geolocation. I call **bleep**. I still have yet to run into 1 american with a mic except during prime time in america.

I haven't played Blackops 2 the idea is from COD 5 world at war I dont want any level based matchmaking but seem ND wants some level based matchmaking this is a fair compromise we would get ping based matchmaking they would get level based maybe level 20 is more fair what do you think? 

Message 6 of 19 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Crimsonine wrote:

Honestly, that probably wouldn't work. Level 1-45 would split the player pool too much, since we're copying Black Ops 2 (I assume that's where you got the idea from) then let's leave it 1 to 10, or at least 1 to 15.

But the problem with matchmaking is lag, so making a new mode will just split the player pool even further, therefore increasing lag. So interesting suggestion, but I don't think it's a good idea.

I dont think it would because you never play with these people because the game stops you by making the loading longer until it find people at least close to your rank if you have an alt you will be matched up with different players these players are not being put in the same player pool if we had bootcamp players can choose to join bootcamp or not meaning a bigger player pool.

I do not want bootcamp unless we also have just ping based matchmaking or there is no point.

As always I support dedicated severs ND.

Message 7 of 19 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3984 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Im level 34 legacy 5 and I see ALL levels and ALL legacies. ALL THE TIME. The boot camp idea would have been cool if it was a part of the opening day release. Too late now.
Message 8 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Its a bit too late now. This game has been out for a year and you know there are gonna be players making new accounts just to ruin the experience for new players.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 9 of 19 (170 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5143 posts

Dec 13, 2012

I don't think it will work. They should just remove the level-based matchmaking algorithm since it's the one causing the most problems.

That and it causes alt-account abuse. It's even worse for low levels.

Message 10 of 19 (157 Views)