Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Re: The best fix for matchmaking.

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

Crimsonine wrote:

Honestly, that probably wouldn't work. Level 1-45 would split the player pool too much, since we're copying Black Ops 2 (I assume that's where you got the idea from) then let's leave it 1 to 10, or at least 1 to 15.

But the problem with matchmaking is lag, so making a new mode will just split the player pool even further, therefore increasing lag. So interesting suggestion, but I don't think it's a good idea.

Dude your absolutely right, but really I game for more then 5 / 6 years now and please shut up about that horrible game. level based system is not really something new.

Message 11 of 19 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

I think it will work, but not to completely fix it.

To make the idea work for level based system you will need to replace a game mode we already have and not add a new one (like classic came for hardcore). So I would decide to throw out ''treasure hunter game mode'' , because nobody is playing that anyways and replace it.

Now really ping system is a great idea, I am not gonna lie, but here are a few things added up to that, that will destroy lag ones and for all:

1. Better undedicated servers or dedicated servers (let people rent there own server).

2. Host system that always select the best connection to be the host.

3. Split screen players are only available to play on the less famous game modes, like: Plunder, coop and team objective.

Now what do you think about that?

Message 12 of 19 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5220 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

FromTheDutch wrote:
I think it will work, but not to completely fix it.

To make the idea work for level based system you will need to replace a game mode we already have and not add a new one (like classic came for hardcore). So I would decide to throw out ''treasure hunter game mode'' , because nobody is playing that anyways and replace it.

Now really ping system is a great idea, I am not gonna lie, but here are a few things added up to that, that will destroy lag ones and for all:

1. Better undedicated servers or dedicated servers (let people rent there own server). Won't happen, far too late to do so

2. Host system that always select the best connection to be the host. Agreed I wish the system would stop making the host the one with the worst connection.

3. Split screen players are only available to play on the less famous game modes, like: Plunder, coop and team objective. I can see this happenining but I don't know if they will do that.

4. Get rid off the hat stat toggle, because its not neccesary and split the player pool further. How does hat stats split the player pool? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Now what do you think about that?

If anything the least they can do is just remove levelled based matchmaking algorithms like I've said multiple times, I don't think it's wise to implement a noob like playlist ala CoD BO2 unless it was implemented from the release of the game.

It's not fair on the hardcore fanbase due to the lag and it's not fair on the newbies due to trolls creating alt-accounts and noobstomping them. It creates a split in the player pool itself.

Message 13 of 19 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
622 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Make it completely ping based. The UC3 player pool needs to be bigger in order to have both level and ping based. UC3 F2P once it's said and done.

Message 14 of 19 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Dec 14, 2012

tack129 wrote:

4. Get rid off the hat stat toggle, because its not neccesary and split the player pool further. How does hat stats split the player pool? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Hey Tack129 good to see you again, havent seen you in a long time. How are you? I still miss your tomb Smiley Sad .

Yeah I didn't say that it would be realistic on 1, but that would do it Smiley Tongue.  4 was just a stupid mistake, I wasn't thinking clearly. Thanks for noticing that error and for the feedback.

Message 15 of 19 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5220 posts

Dec 14, 2012

FromTheDutch wrote:

tack129 wrote:

Hey Tack129 good to see you again, havent seen you in a long time. How are you? I still miss your tomb Smiley Sad .

Yeah I didn't say that it would be realistic on 1, but that would do it Smiley Tongue.  4 was just a stupid mistake, I wasn't thinking clearly. Thanks for noticing that error and for the feedback.

Hey, yeah I've mostly been hanging out on the Facebook group as I found it to be more friendly and relaxing than on here, plus has familiar faces from the good old days. Yeah I miss the tome. It was full of useful information for ND to try fix as noticed by the community.

At the moment I'm at home recovering from surgery I had on Monday.

As for the issues. They can try dedicated next game but I assume that they want perfect this model first. I thought the stat hat thing was a mistake. Did you mean the DLC toggle?

Anyway you're welcome.

Message 16 of 19 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Dec 14, 2012
Its the algorithm that dumbs down well connected players to an unplayable level, trying to make it "fair" for poorly connected players. That's the problem. Ping only matchmaking would help. Less compensation needed.

Best solution: If you ping 200ms or more to ND when you connect to multiplayer, you go into the doodoo player pool. Or better yet, you cannot connect. With a easy to read message on the screen: "Go away lagger"

Or if you want to be fair to everyone, let the slow kids play. But when their packet loss and/or super slow speed confuses the host, they are kicked immediately. No more bullet spongers. No more killing guys where they were 3 steps ago or after taking cover. No more skater boys. Just kick them out. Play at your own risk laggers.

Too bad they choose to help laggers. And choose to put people 10k miles apart together.
Message 17 of 19 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 14, 2012

snake134678 wrote:

1) Make matchmaking all ping based

2) and make a new gamemode called bootcamp were only level 45 or lower can join make it for all gamemodes

3) that means co-op too low levels want to play easy or normal but high levels just find that boring then leave this would fix that.

1) Agreed.

2) inb4 alts abuse

3) It's technically impossible to consolidate both Competitive and Co-op playlists. Think about it for a second, what would happen if a party of 4-5 joined that playlist?

Anyway, I've made a thread regarding playlists' consolidation and how it should work:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/All-Competitive-Consolidate-10-...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 18 of 19 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

snake134678 wrote:

1) Make matchmaking all ping based

2) and make a new gamemode called bootcamp were only level 45 or lower can join make it for all gamemodes

3) that means co-op too low levels want to play easy or normal but high levels just find that boring then leave this would fix that.

1) Agreed.

2) inb4 alts abuse

3) It's technically impossible to consolidate both Competitive and Co-op playlists. Think about it for a second, what would happen if a party of 4-5 joined that playlist?

Anyway, I've made a thread regarding playlists' consolidation and how it should work:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/All-Competitive-Consolidate-10-...

2. That happens now anyway.

3. I ment you click on bootcamp then it brings up all the same playlists but only for low levels like 20 or so.

I do just want ping based matchmaking but ND doesn't want that for some reason so this was a fair compromise we get what we what they get what they want but if it won't work or we all dont want this thats fine im sure we can find another way because ND is not going to give us just ping based matchmaking for some reason.

Message 19 of 19 (136 Views)
0 Likes