Sackboy
419 posts

Re: The bar has raised five notches - Multiplayer is now BEYOND challenging for average players

Aug 20, 2012
All of the videos are pretty valuable. You just have to know when you use each. Spider Sense isn't an actual technique but something you constantly use.
Message 11 of 36 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Re: The bar has raised five notches - Multiplayer is now BEYOND challenging for average players

Aug 20, 2012

Just watched them - anxious to try them out.  I need to get in the mindset of jumping around more while being fired upon as opposed to rolling.  Rolling is virtually useless. 

Message 12 of 36 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Aug 20, 2012

It is beyond challenging, or actually beyond even remotely balanced now.

It's broken, it isn't a challenge, it's just messed up.

Message 13 of 36 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Aureilia - are you still playing or have you stopped? 

Message 14 of 36 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Naw.  It's ALWAYS been this way.  The learning curve for the UC MP series, starting with UC2 and now continuing with UC3 MP has always been very steep.  There are exceptions, like when the game first gets released and everyone's got it, and it's true noobs galore, but for the most part, espeically if you are in the DLC pool, you've gotta have it down.  And doublely so for those who venture out as lone wolves.  This game PUNISHES lone wolves (can you say insta-late-join-loss?). 

It has always been thus, and thus will always be. 

Message 15 of 36 (190 Views)
Survivor
2838 posts

Aug 20, 2012
One thing that helped me break through my gaming plateau, is playing with friends and watching what they do, or consistently playing better opponents and looking at what they do, the routes they take, their camera work, what weapons they use and don't use, etc.

I find that if I'm ever stuck, as long as I can find out what better players are doing (that I'm not doing) and somehow replicate it or learn from it, I slowly improve.
-----------------
FaceBook: Psyber Kayos
The best FB groups for our communities. Thousands have joined already. Join us!:

The Uncharted Community FaceBook Group

The Last of Us Community FaceBook Group

Message 16 of 36 (185 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Aug 20, 2012

awolf0071 wrote:

Aureilia - are you still playing or have you stopped? 

I'm still playing until October 2nd, at the very least, maybe longer. I don't know yet.

Message 17 of 36 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Aug 20, 2012

So Aureilia, humor me as I'm new to this forum and I'm not familiar with everyone on here....

Was there a time when you felt like you were in control in matches and that you knew you were going to go positive regardless of what you encountered?  (Perhaps you're a beast and you still go positive in-spite of the inconsistencies). 

If so, when did that change?  For me, it changed when I started playing the DLC maps (which happened to be on the release day for patch 1.13).  Since then, it seems like I'm shooting blanks 7 times out of 10 and everyone either dices me in via teammate flanking, zig-zagging thru my shots to melee me, or, if I'm winning, quick booming or RPG'ing me. 

Its been a slaughter the last two days and I've come within inches of my sanity.  It seems like I just can't get back to being somewhat succesful.  Sorry for all the whining.  LOL. 

Message 18 of 36 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Aug 20, 2012

You mentioned that you were getting flanked a lot.  I never blame anyone for my failures, but there is point where if your teammates don't have your back, don't pay attention to what you're doing and generally acting as if it's free-for-all, well welcome to hell.  It's the whole, "I won't play if I'm not in a party thing."  There's a reason.  I've been in fire-fights lately where a teammate is behind me, all he has to do is shoot what I'm shooting at and bingo.  I go down and he's nowhere to be seen, AARRGGHH!

Other than that all I can offer is don't give up.  You've had good success in the past, there's no reason you won't have success in the future.  I'm trying to change things up myself, and you're reading some one whose KDR (God help me) is about .7.  Me, i'm trying to concentrate less on killing and more on avoiding situations where I'm sure to get killed.  If it's 2 on 1, I get the heck out of there.  I won't end up on plays of the week, but it's actually kind of goofy fun.

Message 19 of 36 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Banting - thanks for the insight.  Good to see someone else on the forum who isn't one of those dudes who in the midst of the raping is coming out 18-4.  

My game play is quickly turning into a similar tactic to what you mentioned ..... safety.  Inching around corners, always following a teammate, never running thru the middle area of a map.

Message 20 of 36 (159 Views)
0 Likes