Aug 19 2012
By: supermoc10 Hekseville Citizen 311 posts

The Uncharted 4 Wishlist. HELP MAKE UC4 THE BEST GAME EVER!

[ Edited ]
47 replies 2286 views Edited Mar 3, 2013

Hi guys. I have some ideas on how to make UC4 the best game ever made and I'd like your input and your own suggestions. When I have enough good suggestions, I plan on sending an e-mail to ND. I don't expect them to respond but I'd just be happy if I see they used our suggestions to make UC4 the best game ever.

Platform: PlayStation 4. However, don’t make it a launch title. Take your time to know the hardware and see the failures of other launch titles.

Engine: Next-Gen ND Engine. The engine should support DirectX 11 (or the PS4 equivalent since I doubt MS would let you use DX11), Destruction, something similar to Nvidia PhysX, Tesslation, Dynamic Lighting, Real-Time water, rain, everything. The game should have at least a 1080p Resolution and run at 60 FPS. The game should also use Euphoria in a way similar to Max Payne 3. The game should look at least as good as the cut-scenes in UC3 but with all those features.

Teams: Make both ND teams work on it. That way it’ll be the best game ever. Or at least get the members of the TLoU team who worked on UC2 to help out like Neil Druckman who by the way is making an amazing job with The Last of Us.

Story: I don’t have a lot of suggestions since you have awesome writers. I only have one idea, to have Elena pregnant. I think it would be cool if during their adventure, Elena is sick and starts throwing up and stuff. Nate could ask her from time to time if she's okay and she'd hide it from him. At one point in the story, she'd have no choice but to reveal to Nate that she's pregnant. It would be fitting because then Nate would have a valid reason for settling down at the end of the adventure. If done well, it could be epic IMO. Also, the story should be at least as long as UC2 and should flow the same way (no more teleporting from one country to another, etc…). Every cut-scene should be in-engine and not pre-rendered. That way we could have amazing cut-scenes and the game could change seamlessly from gameplay to cut-scene.

Gameplay: The pacing between combat, exploration and puzzles was pretty much perfect in UC3. The gunplay should be similar to Max Payne 3, minus the Bullet Time of course. Environments should have destruction like in Battlefield 3 (micro would work for sure but I’m not sure about macro though). UC4 should also have some of the improvements seen in The Last of Us. It would be cool to have the linear-sandbox style gameplay in UC4. We should be able to playthrough the game our own way. Also, make stealth more viable. Melee should be similar to UC3 but we should be able to melee someone or a group of enemy with the help of our partner. For example, Sully could punch someone and push him towards Drake who would finish him with an AK-47 swing. The enemies should be struggling when Drake tries to choke them. When swapping weapons in the middle of combat (long-gun to sidearm only), Nate should draw the sidearm and hold on to the long gun with his left hand (like in Max Payne 3). He’d put it on his back at the end of the fight. This would add to the realism of the game. When a character gets shoot, they should have blood on their clothes, including the main characters, but enough blood to keep the T rating.

Levels: Give us multiple routes in levels, like in TLoU. Also, make the combat arenas bigger like Syria and Graveyard. This would allow us more freedom in the way we tackle situations.

Weapons:

-Long Guns

-AK-47

-M9

-G-MAL

-Dragunov

-Fal-SS

-Kal-7

-Pistols

-92FS-9mm

-.45 Defender

-Mag-5

-Raffica

-Arm Micro

-Tau-Sniper

-Wes-44

-Shotguns

-Sawed-Off Shotgun

-SAS-12

-Pistole

-Explosives

-Mk-NDI (Frag Grenade)

-Stun Grenade

-Incendiary

-RPG-7

-M32-Hammer

Enemies: The enemy AI in UC4 should be even more advanced than The Last of Us. The hit reactions and enemy death would be more realistic by using the Euphoria engine. Enemies should react to every single bullet they receive. Also, where the player shoots them should influence their behavior and capabilities. If the player shoots them in a leg or a knee, they’d limp and if shot in both legs and knees, they’d only be able to crawl to cover. If shot in the arm, they shouldn’t be able to shoot and aim as well. If shot in the stomach, they cover the wound with one hand. If enemies fall down, they shouldn’t necessarily be dead. Some could crawl to their medics, others could ask Drake to spare them after seeing their teammates die. Enemies should communicate in the same way as in The Last of Us.

There shouldn't be anymore "wave after wave" of enmies in SP. When using stealth in Uncharted, if one enemy  sees you, everyone knows you're here instantly, even if you take out the one who spotted you quickly. This shouldn't happen anymore in UC4. Also, if the level allows for it, you should be able to hide from enemies and go back to stealth mode if they discover you. Enemies shouldn't be able to know exactly where you are unless they see you. For example, if you're taking cover on one side of a wall then move to the other, enemies should still shoot where you were, unless one of them sees you and tells his allies where you are. Kind of like a Last Known Position in Splinter Cell: Conviction but without the ghostly image.

Bring back enemy vehicles.

Treasures: It would be cool if each treasure had a backstory.

Allies: Allies should be able to kill enemies and really feel human. They should also be able to melee and do everything the player can do.

Sounds: You should record real guns and use their sounds for the game like DICE did for BF3. You could work on the sounds with them like you worked with other devs in previous games.

Store/Cheats: Bring back the store and cheats along with all the previous options. Also, instead of buying skins, we should be able to fully customize the character, like in MP. Since the cut-scenes would be real-time, the character would always be the way we customized him in the cut-scene.

Characters Designs: Nate should stay the same as in UC3. Sully too. Elena and Chloe should look like in the E3 Trailer. 

Demos/Trailers: Use the TLoU tactic and don't show too much of the game. Show one or two small demos, otherwise show a trailer, a cinematic,etc...

Dev Cycle and Release Date: This game should have at least a 3 year dev cycle. That way it can be even bigger than UC2, refine on the gameplay advancements from UC3, the MP will be extensively tested and the game will be even more polished than UC2.

Advertising: Sony needs to advertise the living s*** out of the next UC. It's their best exclusive so they should have big marketing plans for it.

Kart Racing Mini-Game: Since you guys usually do 3 games and a Kart racer, it would be cool if you guys included a Kart Racing mini game in UC4. It could be unlocked after beating the story mode and would be playable in MP.

Please add your own suggestions and let me know what you think of mine. I know I'm not the only one who wants UC4 to be the best game it can so let's help ND before it's too late.

Also, check out the thread about MP: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/The-Uncharted-4-MP-Wishlist-HEL...

UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 1 of 48 (2,286 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: The Uncharted 4 Wishlist. HELP MAKE UC4 THE BEST GAME EVER!

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2012

Nice thread, hopefully ND takes note.

Some things I'd like to see in Uncharted 4:

- Removal of the 'cinematic camera' during melee's and stealth kills (those camera cuts). I'd rather just have a nice, constant camera behind Drake wiht no cuts, like Uncharted 2. Maybe make the 'cinematic camera' an option in the menu.

- More stealth sections, and maybe even more refined stealth. Maybe even something like hiding dead bodies. I know we have the corner cover kills, which work great, but moving dead bodies could really improve the stealth. I'm not asking for a super in depth stealth system though, like shadows and sound meters... keep that for Splinter Cell.

- On the note of stealth, suppressors could be a nice addition. They were introduced in Uncharted 3, with the silenced pistol, but I'd like to see it taken a step further and be able to have them on assault rifles and whatnot. Also, suppressors in multiplayer.

- Nates Theme 4.0 for the menu Smiley Happy

Don't feel like it's getting old; it's not. It's a staple of the franchise and always gets me in the adventure mood Smiley Happy

- Music direction closer to UC2 than UC3. This is just a personal opinion, but I guess it really matters on the theme of the game (desert theme warrented Arabian music, so it made sense, I just didn't like it as much as the more adventurous approach to UC2)

- Snow Smiley Happy And jungles Smiley Happy My two favorite settings in video games.

- Keep the biggest moments in the game a secret. Uncharted 3 spoiled the three best parts of the game - the chateau, the ship, and the plane - all in preview gameplays.

- More comedy in the writing. Don't try too hard though. Uncharted 2 had a perfect amount of comedy.

- More animations... I would think this would be a given, but Uncharted 3 actually took a step back from Uncharted 2 in animations. I can think of two off the top of my head - The stealth kill where you lower their body to the ground and break their neck, and sliding into low cover.

- Removal of sprint in multiplayer. I liked the even speed of Uncharted 2's multiplayer. Sprint felt clunky and didn't fit the game well. The gameplay across SP and MP should be the same (and no, I DON'T want sprint in SP!)

- Longer story. At least as long as Uncharted 2, maybe a few hours longer. Uncharted 3 was too short.

- Just thought of one more thing for stealth. Make it so that we can actually pass entire sections with stealth, instead of always having at least one guy that is impossible to take out without being spotted. I'm thinking of the ballroom on the cruise ship, and the airstrip. Both stealth sections were nearly impossible to pass without getting into a firefight (I know the airstrip was possible, but you had to lure the last two guys away through unconventional methods).

- More action and fighting. Uncharted 3 felt like a little too much exploration and too little actual encounters with enemies. The game was also slow to start.

- SINGLE PLAYER STORE!!!

- More visually pleasing menus... Uncharted 3 menus were very bland compared to the first two games.

- Bigger maps with a higher player count for multiplayer.

- No more legacy. Don't copy Call of Duty. Especially not their bad ideas. I'd rather have it like Uncharted 2, where the top level is very hard to reach but you don't ever have to lose all your unlocks just to achieve it. Legacy makes achieving the top level feel like grinding through the game, while just having a hard to reach level doesn't feel like grinding, it just takes dedication and a long time of playing.

- Try to work on spawns for multiplayer. I very often spawn right next to enemies.

- FREE content for mutliplayer. New skins should be free. New items should be free. Maybe even every now and then, release a free map. Look at developers like Bungie or DICE. They release free DLC and their fans love it.

- A dedicated co op mode. Keep the co op modes available now, but add on a new, in-depth dedicated mode. I'm thinking a sort of in-depth wave defense. Up to four plays, but can also be played alone (< this is important. I like to play wave defense modes alone sometimes). Waves would begin with standard mercs. Eventually all the more difficult enemy archetypes would be introduced, including the supernatural creatures. Stealth should also always be an option. Maybe do it like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier's 'Guerilla Mode' where there is a stealth wave ever few waves. Waves should be endless, not stop after 10. I think you could make enough differences to separate it from co-op arena. Progression for this mode should NOT be tied to multiplayer rankups; that would be what the other co-op modes are for.

- This would be very difficult, but a less linear experience would be nice. It would be difficult because you would have to make several different paths that can be taken, that would all be as cinematic as one another, but if you got it to work it could be great and really increase the replayability.

- More stealth Smiley Happy I know I already said this but this is what I want most so it deserves another mention.

That's all I can think of for now. May add on later.

Cannot wait for Uncharted 4!!! (and TLOU Smiley Tongue )

Message 2 of 48 (2,279 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Aug 20, 2012

It would be cool to have the option to turn off the cinematic camera. Love all of your stealth ideas man and I also think that Nate's theme should stay. Music was better in UC2 but the UC3 music was really good IMO and fitted the setting. Idk about jungles and Snow. They're pretty cool but they were already featured in previous UCs. Maybe this one could be more urban and also with a focus on water.

I hope ND uses the TLoU tactic for UC4 and don't reveal too much about the game. When I watched the Gamescom press conference, I was expecting a new TLoU demo, that's why I was pleasantly surprised when they showed the trailer instead. It was great and didn't spoil too much about the game. Also, they're not announcing a release date until they are 100% sure the game will be complete by then which is great and announcing release of UC3 so early was what killed it because we wouldn't even debate if it's better than UC2 or not if they had the time they needed to work on it.

The comedy in UC2 was perfect and length too. I think sprinting should stay. It's a good feature IMO.

While I agree that UC3 was a bit slow to get interesting, I think that it had the perfect balance between combat, exploration and puzzle solving.

Single player store would be awesome.

UC2 style leveling would be awesome.

I can see DLC packs being free because of the microtransactions, kind of like Mass Effect 3.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 3 of 48 (2,261 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2012

You are basically asking for UC4 to be as kick butt and awesome as The Last of Us? So, you've come from the future and have actually played that game? UC4 should have even more advanced AI than TLoU? I mean, none of us have played it, and have no idea of how advanced the final game really is. A video showing what it can do is not actually the same as doing it. 

While I don't doubt the The Last of Us will absolutely rock, its probably best to declare it the greatest game of all time once we've all actually played it

Some of you are complaining about dumb stuff 'More pleasing menus!' Really?!?!?! Really? Is that how far the complaints for UC3 have gotten? WOW. Just WOW

Anyways for UC4, I'd love

Elena has a playable character - one level, I am not greedy

Single Player store 

No 3D - 

Better looking MP character models - 

Like UC3, keep the story with a personal aspect 

Return of a scary Badguy

Sully actually gets the girl

MP levels that are not taken from Single Player adventure quite as much

Keep same excellent balance of action and puzzles, as seen in UC3

Keep the game 'dangerous' but taking chances - kill off a character of import

If I had one complaint of UC3, it would be this: ND felt a tremendous responsbility of following up with UC2, that part 3 felt a little safe at times. Not a bad thing in many ways  - I love UC3, for no other reason that I thought it was excellent and different to UC2, but there were aspects that felt like 'Fan service.' Example: while I love Chloe, she served no real point to UC3's story. Do I regret seeing her in UC2? Nope, not at all,  but really, I'd give her a game of her own. She's a strong character, so if you are gonna put her in a game, use her!!!!  Little stuff like that. 

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 4 of 48 (2,255 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2012

MrZoobat wrote:

Nice thread, hopefully ND takes note.

Some things I'd like to see in Uncharted 4:

- Removal of the 'cinematic camera' during melee's and stealth kills (those camera cuts). I'd rather just have a nice, constant camera behind Drake wiht no cuts, like Uncharted 2. Maybe make the 'cinematic camera' an option in the menu.

- More stealth sections, and maybe even more refined stealth. Maybe even something like hiding dead bodies. I know we have the corner cover kills, which work great, but moving dead bodies could really improve the stealth. I'm not asking for a super in depth stealth system though, like shadows and sound meters... keep that for Splinter Cell.

- On the note of stealth, suppressors could be a nice addition. They were introduced in Uncharted 3, with the silenced pistol, but I'd like to see it taken a step further and be able to have them on assault rifles and whatnot. Also, suppressors in multiplayer.

- Nates Theme 4.0 for the menu Smiley Happy

Don't feel like it's getting old; it's not. It's a staple of the franchise and always gets me in the adventure mood Smiley Happy

- Music direction closer to UC2 than UC3. This is just a personal opinion, but I guess it really matters on the theme of the game (desert theme warrented Arabian music, so it made sense, I just didn't like it as much as the more adventurous approach to UC2)

- Snow Smiley Happy And jungles Smiley Happy My two favorite settings in video games.

- Keep the biggest moments in the game a secret. Uncharted 3 spoiled the three best parts of the game - the chateau, the ship, and the plane - all in preview gameplays.

- More comedy in the writing. Don't try too hard though. Uncharted 2 had a perfect amount of comedy.

- More animations... I would think this would be a given, but Uncharted 3 actually took a step back from Uncharted 2 in animations. I can think of two off the top of my head - The stealth kill where you lower their body to the ground and break their neck, and sliding into low cover.

- Removal of sprint in multiplayer. I liked the even speed of Uncharted 2's multiplayer. Sprint felt clunky and didn't fit the game well. The gameplay across SP and MP should be the same (and no, I DON'T want sprint in SP!)

- Longer story. At least as long as Uncharted 2, maybe a few hours longer. Uncharted 3 was too short.

- Just thought of one more thing for stealth. Make it so that we can actually pass entire sections with stealth, instead of always having at least one guy that is impossible to take out without being spotted. I'm thinking of the ballroom on the cruise ship, and the airstrip. Both stealth sections were nearly impossible to pass without getting into a firefight (I know the airstrip was possible, but you had to lure the last two guys away through unconventional methods).

- More action and fighting. Uncharted 3 felt like a little too much exploration and too little actual encounters with enemies. The game was also slow to start.

- SINGLE PLAYER STORE!!!

- More visually pleasing menus... Uncharted 3 menus were very bland compared to the first two games.

- Bigger maps with a higher player count for multiplayer.

- No more legacy. Don't copy Call of Duty. Especially not their bad ideas. I'd rather have it like Uncharted 2, where the top level is very hard to reach but you don't ever have to lose all your unlocks just to achieve it. Legacy makes achieving the top level feel like grinding through the game, while just having a hard to reach level doesn't feel like grinding, it just takes dedication and a long time of playing.

- Try to work on spawns for multiplayer. I very often spawn right next to enemies.

- FREE content for mutliplayer. New skins should be free. New items should be free. Maybe even every now and then, release a free map. Look at developers like Bungie or DICE. They release free DLC and their fans love it.

- A dedicated co op mode. Keep the co op modes available now, but add on a new, in-depth dedicated mode. I'm thinking a sort of in-depth wave defense. Up to four plays, but can also be played alone (< this is important. I like to play wave defense modes alone sometimes). Waves would begin with standard mercs. Eventually all the more difficult enemy archetypes would be introduced, including the supernatural creatures. Stealth should also always be an option. Maybe do it like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier's 'Guerilla Mode' where there is a stealth wave ever few waves. Waves should be endless, not stop after 10. I think you could make enough differences to separate it from co-op arena. Progression for this mode should NOT be tied to multiplayer rankups; that would be what the other co-op modes are for.

- This would be very difficult, but a less linear experience would be nice. It would be difficult because you would have to make several different paths that can be taken, that would all be as cinematic as one another, but if you got it to work it could be great and really increase the replayability.

- More stealth Smiley Happy I know I already said this but this is what I want most so it deserves another mention.

That's all I can think of for now. May add on later.

Cannot wait for Uncharted 4!!! (and TLOU Smiley Tongue )

There are a lot of things I agree with you but your like - stealth stealth stealth stealth. It looks like you'll make the game like Assassin's Creed  Smiley Very Happy , more than stealth I would like there to be more interactive fight scenes like the Bar fight scene in the beggining of UC3, but your right about spoilers, how excited it would be if we never knew about the Plane scene. Like your ideas keep addding Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 48 (2,237 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

Some of you are complaining about dumb stuff 'More pleasing menus!' Really?!?!?! Really? Is that how far the complaints for UC3 have gotten? WOW. Just WOW

Better looking MP character models - 

Well now, that's ironic.

And besides, different things are of varying importance to different people. Just because you don't care about a the presentation of a game doesn't mean that I should refrain from posting my opinion on it.

My guess is you're more of a 'scientific' person than an 'artisitic' person. Being a Graphic Designer myself, I always notice little visual things such as nice looking menus. A lot of other people are the same way. Why do you think so many people love Macs? Largely because of the visual treats, animations, and nice presentation as compared to Windows.

This is a thread for what we want to see in Uncharted 4. If I thought the menus in Uncharted 3 were bland and boring compared to previous games, then why NOT post about it here? If you were on these forums when the UC3 beta first went live, you'd know that a lot of people felt the same way about the menus as me.

And to the other person:

"There are a lot of things I agree with you but your like - stealth stealth stealth stealth."

Yep!!

I absolutly love stealth! Now I don't want the game to become Splinter Cell or anything, but Uncharted 3 felt a bit lacking in the stealth department (except for Syria). I'd just like a bit more robust stealth than what we have. Uncharted 2 did it pretty well, but I'd still like to see supressors for both SP and MP. Maybe moving bodies is a bit overboard; I think my Sam Fisher instincts are taking over. I still love the feature though Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 48 (2,224 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Sorry, definitely not trying to come across as someone who doesn't welcome differing opinions..........little bipolar today - 

To defend myself (just a little bit), if they do super awesome menus and MP character models, I'll consider it a win for all!!!

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 7 of 48 (2,216 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Aug 21, 2012
You want Uncharted 4 to use an upgraded ND engine but want it to use Euphoria? Huh?

Also, I'd prefer if they took the gunplay from Uncharted 2, but it made it a lot more precise and authentic , like Max Payne 3.

Other than that, I agree with just about everything.
Message 8 of 48 (2,210 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Aug 21, 2012

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

Sorry, definitely not trying to come across as someone who doesn't welcome differing opinions..........little bipolar today - 

To defend myself (just a little bit), if they do super awesome menus and MP character models, I'll consider it a win for all!!!

Don't sweat it, I can see how something as simple as bland menus would seem like a rediculous thing to complain about to some people.

But as I was saying, I believe there are two basic types of people in this world, the 'scientific' people who care more about functionality and practicality, and the 'artisitic' people who care more about presentation and appearance. I myself am an artistic person, which explains my complaints about the menus, lack of animations, bland environments, etc.

p.s. - just to specify, when I say 'scientific' and 'artistic', I don't mean people who are good at science and people who are good at art, lol.

Message 9 of 48 (2,205 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Aug 21, 2012
Well, they could implement Euphoria into their engine. I think it's possible since Rockstar did it with their amazing RAGE engine (GTA4,RDR,MP3). Glad you agree man but don't forget to add your own ideas.
Message 10 of 48 (2,203 Views)
0 Likes