Feb 25 2013
By: Andrew_Coolog I Only Post Everything 1016 posts

The Stats page... MOBILE?!?!

11 replies 379 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

First off I want to comment on the functionality of the stats page. I love the way it's designed and how it functions. It's clean and self-explanatory. The only quips I have is that I heard some people are having inaccurate stats which I think accuracy is what's the point of the stats. I would like to see a mobile app for showing your stats on your smartphone. Okay I know I got this idea from CoD Elite's app but I really like it's functionality and I thought that it would be nice to have a mobile stats app for Uncharted 3's MP. And yes it should be free.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 1 of 12 (379 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Re: The Stats page... MOBILE?!?!

Feb 25, 2013
I would like it too. KZ3 has a decent free stats app. You can even compare yours to friends /others
Message 2 of 12 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3226 posts

Feb 25, 2013
They would charge you $10.99 for it.
Message 3 of 12 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 25, 2013

I preferred the UC2 MP stat page, but maybe that's just me.

The UC3 MP stat page is a Web 2.0 abomination. Smiley Indifferent

Simplicity > frills

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 4 of 12 (351 Views)
Naughty Paw
19905 posts

Feb 25, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Simplicity > frills

I don't see how anyone can disagree with you. The UC3 stats page is downright laughable, while the UC2 stats page was actually pretty well done.

Message 5 of 12 (346 Views)
Sackboy
381 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Uncharted 2 also had fan created medal leaderboards, and UC3's stats page is a joke indeed, even the in-game stats stink.

They should never patched in the losses for a disconnect in any way. I have 250 losses or so, and  200 of those are cause of the game it's problems. (Host xmb-quits, I get host and get an immediate d/c, that hobo gets host while I have no connection to him, party splits, and the random lost lobby which happens from time to time.. to name a few)

A simple addition to the in-game statistics would have worked wonders: Amount of Quits. 

"Oh you have a 5 kdr.'' Oh what's this? 2000 quits?'' And that fixes that problem and helps those number addicted players of their addiction. 2 birds in 1 stone.

But anyways, on-topic: UC3's match history has certain kill statisics I'm missing on the players page. 

Especially blindfire kills. 

Personally, I would remove all kinds of negative stats in-game, except those which the player creates himself. They would be tracked though and you would be able to look em up on that deserted place called the stats page of Uncharted 3 (pun intended)

Like blindfire kills, teamkills, suicides. Naughty Dog knew about the statquiters, but they solved the problem the wrong way.

Maybe even remove stats all together from the game, and just add in leaderboards for all medals.

I know that I shouldn't care abouts stats, but I'm human, humans like to see numbers grow. Unless it's linked to something negative for me. 

I know the stats we have, have a negative impact on the community itself, ragequiters wouldn't exist if they weren't tracked, and the infamous late joins wouldn't have to exist, or it wouldn't be a problem if you late joined.

We shouldn't have to pull tricks out of our sleeves to not late join while playing solo..

These little things make this game a drag, and that's cause Naughty Dog fails at what they did. 

The design fails, so this would rank up Robert Cogburn again in loser level.

Naughty Dog may be passionate about what they do, but they sure do stupid things.

When I do something stupid, I'm usually embarresed though, not proud.

Oh, even if they were to fix things, I have 1 thing to say: a little too late. 1.17 better be the biggest of em all, actually fixing stuff we care about. (not even talking about what I just posted.)

But that ps plus free full multiplayer thing will have me playing uc3 a little longer... trophies, ya dig.

Message 6 of 12 (272 Views)
Sackboy
381 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

Edit: double post

Message 7 of 12 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8676 posts

Feb 25, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Simplicity > frills

You and only 99% of people here.

I can't remember the last time I checked my stats on Uncharted 3 stats page. Maybe it's not only that the Uncharted 3 stats page is much worse, but my attitude towards statistics has changed.Could you OP tell me why do you need to look at your stats on a mobile device? 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 8 of 12 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 25, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Simplicity > frills

You and only 99% of people here.

I can't remember the last time I checked my stats on Uncharted 3 stats page. Maybe it's not only that the Uncharted 3 stats page is much worse, but my attitude towards statistics has changed.Could you OP tell me why do you need to look at your stats on a mobile device? 

Awww, I expected an ironic post from you: "the UC3 MP stat page will never satisfy you" or something along those lines. Smiley Very Happy

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 9 of 12 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2374 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I check my stats page from time to time as I'm trying to get 10,000 Tau kills, it's a goal I've set for myself just for fun. I agree the stats page is horrible, and pretty useless, but if a mobile page was made for Uncharted 4, it could actually be really fun if done right.

Has anyone checked out RE.net for Resident Evil 6? (I know, I know, but let me finish)... There you can not only view stats, but also take part in online events, earn points for in-game unlockables (without even spending cash, which is surprising for Capcom), and it gives people a reason to keep playing. If something similar was included for a game like Uncharted, I believe you'd see a lot more people sticking around. Events are enjoyable because it's the game setting a goal for you, and you get rewarded if you are successful, unlike the tournament system which requires you to spend money to get your name on the top of a leaderboard for a week.

The app for RE.net is kinda buggy, but there is one feature that would be insanely useful for Uncharted... Alerts to let you know when your friends are playing, EVERY game needs this. It's just a shame I'm not really playing RE6 much anymore.
Pepsi
Message 10 of 12 (229 Views)
0 Likes