i don't mind that, or just have the ability to turn on/off the items effects
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 21 of 31 (231 Views)
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Re: The Solution to Item Stats.

Aug 8, 2012
Hey Eric, is it possible that you could make it so we could choose to not have stats on a headpiece we like? For example, if I really like, say Marco Polo's head stone, but I really don't want the stats for it because I am not playing plunder, would there be a way to turn off the stats? It would be kind of frustrating to see an awesome customization item, but then not want to use it just because it has stats that don't suit my play style.
Look at what I posted, ^^^ not my signature.
Message 22 of 31 (228 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4780 posts

Aug 8, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

**bleep** item stats, you scary!

The introduction of item stats is a scary thing, first it is new, people generally don't like change. Coming off of a rational angle I'll take both sides into account. I don't like the idea of any customization item giving you stats. This isn't an RPG, I don't want to wear boots of fire resistance so I can shake off explosive damage easier. I wear an item because it looks cool, not because it gives nifty bonuses. Item stats promote picking the best item to wear even if you don't like it. Having a Yeti head is cool but why wear it if I can get 25% headshot damage, I'll just stick with the 3d glasses or Talbot's mask. This ruins the whole point of customization, the variety and fun of choosing goofy looking items. 

My second problem with item stats is pretty big, what if you like an item but hate its stats? I love Chloe's unicorn mask but hate its effect because I use cloaked often, it is not only a useless stat, I'm hindered by the negative stat. How is that fun? Why should I be forced into having these stats? The answer is simple, you shouldn't.

The Solution!

Now wait, before you jump on the -YOU HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED IT YET- bandwagon, this thread also offers a solution for everybody, keep the stats, ditch the item stats. The concept of stats is cool, they are sort of like a third booster. ND obviously put some time and thought into the stats so I don't want to see them go to waste, but I can't stand that they are linked to items. What I suggest is Naughty Dog make an extra tab labeled 'Stats' or something another that simply lists each stat, which will keep its beneficial and negative percentages. The stats would stay just how they are now, no combining stats into a super awesome combo. Of course, if you don't want any stats at all, you simply would have the ability to choose none.

For example it would look like this

Stats (made up but you get the point)

1. None

2. Disruption Immunity 10% blindfire accuracy decrease

3 25% headshot damage - 10% aimed accuracy

4. 10% clip size - 5% movement speed decrease 

5. Etc.

TL;DR - Keep stats but take them off of customization items.

I appalud this much enthusiam but we've made the stats the way their are to help maintain competitive balance. 

Alss....ERMAGAWD....let us get the items available to you to play with them before you pass judgement! :smileyhappy:

As we've shown, if something isn't working we'll find a way to change it or support. 

Balance isn't what I'm worried about, wearing a cool item that increases running speed when carrying something, while decreasing another stat while I play TDM is what worries me. Or how about having 14% noise reduction even though I use cloaked, that isn't helpful and I'm only getting a negative bonus as well.

tlousig2
Message 23 of 31 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
232 posts

Aug 8, 2012
Let's actually let ND make a decision on their own game for once, eh? Besides, we haven't really seen how these stats will play out. They seem miniscule enough that it won't upset the hypothetical "balance".
-I'd be more apathetic if I wasn't so lethargic.
Message 24 of 31 (215 Views)
Survivor
2868 posts

Aug 8, 2012

You must choose...

But choose WISELY!

2544133150[1].png

Message 25 of 31 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4780 posts

Aug 8, 2012

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

You must choose...

But choose WISELY!

But I don't want to choose :smileysad:

tlousig2
Message 26 of 31 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

Re: The Solution to Item Stats. [Eric replied]

Aug 8, 2012

I really wish the items had the option to turn off the stats. That way I could wear what I like without the stats that I don't want.

Message 27 of 31 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4780 posts

Aug 8, 2012

iceyfire54312 wrote:
i don't mind that, or just have the ability to turn on/off the items effects

This would most definitely also be acceptable!

tlousig2
Message 28 of 31 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
232 posts

Aug 8, 2012
Off topic, I love your sig, Fakehound :smileyhappy:
-I'd be more apathetic if I wasn't so lethargic.
Message 29 of 31 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Re: The Solution to Item Stats. [Eric replied]

Aug 8, 2012

yes , just like what people said above, having an option to turn off the stats of the item you have on is the perfect solution. that way I get to choose wheather I want the de-buff and the buff.

lets just say, I want to wear Yeti Head, but I don't like its De-buff it gives me, so I just simply turn it off. but the buff will also have to be turned off.

Problem Solved !

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 30 of 31 (158 Views)