Jul 18 2012
By: YoungBuckHeezy Sackboy 462 posts

The Real Question Regarding Weapon Balancing and Patch 1.13

21 replies 222 views Edited Jul 18, 2012

Will the AK be able to compete in multiplayer and be a viable choice by players now?

Or will it still be disregarded and ignored?

Discuss. 

Message 1 of 22 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Re: The Real Question Regarding Weapon Balancing and Patch 1.13

Jul 18, 2012

How about...

...people wait until after 1.13 hits to see the results. Smiley Indifferent

AK is a lethal weapon in the right hands, and the nerf of the 2 main competing rifles may make it more popular; it may not. No way to tell until the patch hits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 2 of 22 (214 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jul 18, 2012

YoungBuckHeezy wrote:

Will the AK be able to compete in multiplayer and be a viable choice by players now?

Or will it still be disregarded and ignored?

Only cool people are worthy of the mighty AK-47. Seriously though I don't know why the M9 is more popular besides the ROF mod spamming. The AK can pretty much go toe-to-toe with the base M9 no problem.
Message 3 of 22 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

How about...

AK is a lethal weapon in the right hands, and the nerf of the 2 main competing rifles may make it more popular; it may not. No way to tell until the patch hits.

I don't see anything wrong with speculation at this point.

I personally used to rock Drake's AK back in the day when the FAL was still OP (gud times) and the QuarterBacking was at it's worst.. I could take down a few FAL users, and presented myself with a challenge that ultimately made my gameplay better.

Sometimes it's good going into a TDM with a through and through weaker weapon, the underdog pooping on everyone is oh-so-satisfying. 

Message 4 of 22 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Jul 18, 2012

YoungBuckHeezy wrote:

Toxic156 wrote:

How about...

I personally used to rock Drake's AK back in the day when the FAL was still OP (gud times) and the QuarterBacking was at it's worst.. I could take down a few FAL users, and presented myself with a challenge that ultimately made my gameplay better.

Sometimes it's good going into a TDM with a through and through weaker weapon, the underdog pooping on everyone is oh-so-satisfying. 

Sorry if I came off sounding a tad harsh, but there's a lot of threads on this concept that hasn't even happened yet. 

I use Eddy's AK (totally worth Hardcore matches) though back when the FAL was a horror I primarily used the M9. I love the rare occurances when I kill a M9 RoF user with my AK. Smiley Very Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 5 of 22 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

YoungBuckHeezy wrote:

Toxic156 wrote:

How about...

Sorry if I came off sounding a tad harsh, but there's a lot of threads on this concept that hasn't even happened yet. 

I use Eddy's AK (totally worth Hardcore matches) though back when the FAL was a horror I primarily used the M9. I love the rare occurances when I kill a M9 RoF user with my AK. Smiley Very Happy

I completely understand, no offense taken.

And I got Eddy's AK too, I love the colors but Drake's AK is home for me. That rush when you beat an opponent that uses M9 ROF is one of the best feelings in UC3 multiplayer.

Message 6 of 22 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2202 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I use the AK most of the time and it can compete with the M-9 and the G-Mal, even at mid-short range this gun is very useable even without accuracy

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 7 of 22 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

How about...

first off the AKs headshot requirement should go to 4 bullets for a kill, there no need to wait and see - thats just fact - it can do no wrong - FACT. it would still be less powerful than the M9, and how many times do you ever get more than 3 headshots with an AK.

note: AK would still kill slower at 4 headshots than the M9 does with 5 headshots so it makes no sense that the AK shouldnt kill in 4 headshots - at 5 its just plain stupid and of no use at all.

an accuracy buff is definitely not the way to go imo and ND even said they dont want the AK to be too accurate.

the M9 is supposed to be the accurate one and the AK is supposed to be the more powerful one - more effective in close range and where accuracy isnt important.

again the above should happen firstly before anything else and there no need to wait out of fear that it might make it too good due to the reasons above.

the question then is after 1.13 what happens ?

it should not get any more accuracy increases.

maybe it should get an Rate of Fire increase by up to 10% (at 10% it would kill in 0.931 secs at 7 torso shots), i think it might need a slight recoil increase then -  its recoil might be increased similar to M9ROF

or maybe its damage should be changed to kill in 6 bullets to the torso, would need a bullet spread increase and/or a slight ROF reduction

Message 8 of 22 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17374 posts

Jul 18, 2012

The Ak already is viable and a good option, it's just not a preferred option.

Now, it'll be used more, if all the G-MAL recoil changes and M-9 Blindfire changes don't drive everyone to the FAL.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 9 of 22 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19910 posts

Jul 18, 2012

scootgar wrote:

The Ak already is viable and a good option, it's just not a preferred option.

Now, it'll be used more, if all the G-MAL recoil changes and M-9 Blindfire changes don't drive everyone to the FAL.

The AK-47 isn't really the best blindfire weapon if one is not using the Blindfire Accuracy mod. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 22 (112 Views)
0 Likes