Aug 24 2012
By: LiLJohnR10 Survivor 2305 posts

The Problem With Power Weapons - [ND, PLEASE READ]

[ Edited ]
42 replies 610 views Edited Aug 25, 2012

This thread is about power weapons and their kickbacks. Read on...

The Problem:

Here's the big situation here. Power weapons, and the kickbacks that grant them are just too much in the game. It makes this game even more noob-infested and makes the power weapon spamming far more easier.

It is a horrible idea IMO to have power weapons and kickbacks of them all in one match. It's basically doubling the chance of someone getting another power weapon. This needs to be cut down.

Now lets go deeper into this situation, shall we?

The Details:

Let me explain this situation. Lets say someone has Hammer Time with Bargain gold. They can activate their kickback, use it efficiently by getting tons of medals with, maybe even find another power weapon on its spawn, and refill his kickback. Simple.

Here's a video of Xx-Raptor-A4-xX using this technique:

Did you watch that vid? All Xx-Raptor-A4-xX had was a Sawed-Off Shotgun and didn't even use Bargain. He was being careful with himself, and used the gun effectively thus granting him another Sawed-Off. See the pattern here?

This technique can be done with multiple power weapons and many loadout combinations. Imagine if everyone was doing this technique in one match. It would be a bloodbath. Complete madness. A skilled player doing this would'nt even need his default loadout weapons. 

That's why it only makes sense to remove some of these things to prevent this from happening, ND.

Medals:

Another problem has come into this situation also.

As jobjobplayrough said in one of his posts, the biggest issue goes back to medals. There are tons of unecessary medals for everything such as dying, climbing, rolling, running, jumping, etc. which in turn gives you the kickbacks faster. The list can go on and on.

As an example, one of the medals that was notorious for this was Death from Above. People earned this medal extremely easily by having a power weapon in hand then; X + R1 = Medal. This could even be earned from blindfiring!

But atleast ND has went through to nerf this and added more distance to earn it.

On a side note, ND should also consider removing unecessary medals such as this, to keep people from spamming their kickbacks. 

The Solution:

The solution to this problem is very simple. (With the exception of Hardcore mode, the PAK80, and the Mag-5) Just simply remove the power weapons that already have their own kickbacks. Or, you could remove the kickbacks that have their own power weapon spawns around the maps.

The power weapons, or their kickbacks. Just choose one to remove. Simple as that.

It would be helpful if people kudos this post.

Yes, I know kudos won't make ND do anything about the situation, but atleast a highly kudoed thread would definately get their attention so they could read it.

So, who else agrees? Anything to add?

Message 1 of 43 (610 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

Re: My Concerns on Power Weapons.

Aug 24, 2012

System for U4: Use medals to buy power weapons from spawns.

Message 2 of 43 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2305 posts

Aug 24, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

System for U4: Use medals to buy power weapons from spawns.

Buy them from spawns? What? Lol...

Message 3 of 43 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2366 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but...

Well... here's the problem. Power weapon kickbacks and actual power weapons. I guess you could say it's common sense to not have both. (Excluding PAK80, Turret, Mag5,etc.)

I think ND should remove power weapons that already  have kickbacks, or atleast remove the power weapon related kickbacks that are already power weapons around the maps. I believe the spamming could die down if this was looked at. In my eyes, I think kickbacks should only have been defensive in the first place.

Just a thought though. Who else agrees?

I agree, I mean you could LITERALLY have a shotgun for the entire match at desert village.

I got video proof here:

(Watch from 0:14)

Should I be able to do this? no I should not. So I got a few solutions here

1. Power weapon kickbacks should be removed (power weapons on the map must say)

2. power weapon kickbacks require a certain amount of a CERTAIN medal or like 20 medals to activate

Or 3. Power weapon kickbacks can only be used after 5 minutes have passed in the match.

Yes im still alive
Message 4 of 43 (538 Views)
Survivor
2111 posts

Aug 24, 2012

I agree with removing power weapon kickbacks.

Message 5 of 43 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1080 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Removing PW would decrease map movement.

Every offensive KB should be 12+ medals at the minimum and Bargain should be in Slot 1.

No more tryhard combos like Scope/Bargain, FF/Bargain or Cloaked/Bargain and no more noob combos like ESE/Bargain or WE/Bargain.

Bargain is huuge part of the problem.

And @raptors vid shows very good what U3 is all about.

99% sprinting the whole game 1% default walklooking, represent the OP pacedestroying sprint.

Insane hipfire lock-on at 2:23.

3:44 Out zigzagging fire via sprint instead of a roll...ergo rolling useless < moore sprint.

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 6 of 43 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012
They are only annoying in free for all because the kill limit is only 15 kills and some people just get a power weapon and then pretty much when the match. But other than that it is fine
Message 7 of 43 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

should have just left the kickbacks as more like the beta with a few of the new ones like carpet bomb.
all the power weapons are kinda silly but they could be balanced more by increasibg the cost or reducing ammo

power weapons are needed on maps but the amount of them on some maps is too high, that are they are not well placed on the map i.e. london underground favors one side.

Message 8 of 43 (495 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Its quite annoying being killed a quadrillion times by power weapons :'(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kal 7 Expert, Master of Sarcasm, Maker of TheGamerFromSpace Community Project
Message 9 of 43 (478 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

pls Nd give this sad noobs classic mode they complain about everything !!! i use hammer hammer costs 12 medals! its not free !!! but when i own campers with it people with mic trash talk to me stop complaining just cuz you guys are such a losers that cannot gather 12 medals x a hammer instead campers use quick bomb lol those people need classic mode fast or go to u2 and never return

Message 10 of 43 (456 Views)
0 Likes