Aug 30 2012
By: xSKIN_N_BONESx Treasure Hunter 6785 posts

The Panda Mask and Winter Scarf are Broken: ND is Working On it

[ Edited ]
41 replies 1695 views Edited Sep 19, 2012

EDIT: I got a message. They are aware but it will have to be fixed in a patch. At least now I don't have to keep this thread alive because it's all in their hands now.

Fix it.

While testing to see if you can stack Gold Boosters and stat hats I discovered that the Panda Mask has been coded wrong and actually has +16% Regen Delay rather than -16% Regen Delay meaning it has two negatives.

Asraik tested the Winter Scard and showed that it is also coded wrong. His cinema of it is on the second page for any who would like to see it.

King_Cobra97 tested the Cone Crown and showed that it is also coded wrong. His cinema of it is on the third page.

Keep in mind though that this does not automatically mean that something with +#% Regen Delay actually has -#% Regen Delay. I tested with the Night Vision Goggles and the Sailor Cap and the +#% Regen Delay they both have as a stat debuff works correctly.

So, this needs to be fixed, and I was wondering if anyone who has these items purchased would be willing to test and see if they are correct or broken as well: Unicorn Mask (Chloe), Winter Scarf (Chloe), Samurai Helmet (Cutter), Brain (Cutter), Thin Sunglasses (Marlowe), Clown Mask (Soldiers), Cone Crown (Lazarevic), Police Hat (Agent 13)

If you want to test just go into split screen with two controllers, get both point blank and facing each other with AK's and simultaneously count out 6 shots one at a time and then when it looks like one of them has healed, start firing single shots until one of them dies. Whoever dies had the greater regen delay.

Message 1 of 42 (1,695 Views)
Highlighted
Survivor
2224 posts

Re: Hey ND: The Panda Mask is Broken

Aug 30, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Fix it.

While testing to see if you can stack Gold Boosters and stat hats I discovered that the Panda Mask has been coded wrong and actually has +16% Regen Delay rather than -16% Regen Delay meaning it has two negatives.

Keep in mind though that this does not automatically mean that something with +#% Regen Delay actually has -#% Regen Delay. I tested with the Night Vision Goggles and the Sailor Cap and the +#% Regen Delay they both have as a stat debuff works correctly.

So, this needs to be fixed, and I was wondering if anyone who has these items purchased would be willing to test and see if they are correct or broken as well: Unicorn Mask (Chloe), Winter Scarf (Chloe), Samurai Helmet (Cutter), Brain (Cutter), Thin Sunglasses (Marlowe), Clown Mask (Soldiers), Cone Crown (Lazarevic), Police Hat (Agent 13)

If you want to test just go into split screen with two controllers, get both point blank and facing each other with AK's and simultaneously count on 6 shots one at a time and then when it looks like one of them has healed fire a start firing single shots until one of them dies. Whoever dies had the greater regen delay.

I shall do so tommorow :3

Only for Chloe's Scarf ;3

Message 2 of 42 (1,686 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Aug 30, 2012
That sucks because I love how the panda mask looks.
Message 3 of 42 (1,685 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Aug 30, 2012

When I do it would you like me to upload the cinema and put it here so you can see the results?

Message 4 of 42 (1,674 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6785 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Asraik wrote:

When I do it would you like me to upload the cinema and put it here so you can see the results?

Not necessary but you can if you want. All you need to do is test it the way I described. Then test it again to check your work, and then just mark down which person survived and that's the person with the shorter regen delay. So if you're Chloe with the Scarf dies, then her scarf is broken, and if the other character dies, then it's working correctly. 

Just be sure that the other character has no stat item on and neither of you are using Regeneration.

Message 5 of 42 (1,667 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Aug 30, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Not necessary but you can if you want. All you need to do is test it the way I described. Then test it again to check your work, and then just mark down which person survived and that's the person with the shorter regen delay. So if you're Chloe with the Scarf dies, then her scarf is broken, and if the other character dies, then it's working correctly. 

Just be sure that the other character has no stat item on and neither of you are using Regeneration.

Harry Flynn shall look very lovely with his mask when he dies >:3
I'll upload it just incase and post it here XP

Message 6 of 42 (1,663 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6785 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Asraik wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Sounds good.

Anyone else actually care that your items might not even work the way they should?

Message 7 of 42 (1,613 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Aug 30, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Asraik wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Asraik wrote:

Sounds good.

Anyone else actually care that your items might not even work the way they should?

Uploading the video now ;3

You're in for a show my friend ^-^

Flynn vs Chloe, who shall win.

Message 8 of 42 (1,607 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Aug 30, 2012

this has been happening to me aswell none of the call out items work i tried them all, when i use choles m9 i can see the call out working with a red square with an eye in it when i aim at the other team but when i use any item with the call out on it nothing happens with or without choles m9 its like its glitched or somthing.

Message 9 of 42 (1,523 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Just thought I'd be kind enough to pop in here.

Remember that other thread where you said I'm wrong there are not items with two negatives or two positives?

I win.

Smiley Very Happy

and off I go again. Just thought I'd contribute nothing to gloat a little. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 42 (1,462 Views)