10-31-2011 04:38 PM
Has Machinima not made a review?
InsideDailyGaming - 9.5 http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2011/10/24/unchar
Machinima is just InsideGamingDaily's video service and nickname.
11-01-2011 06:04 PM
Perfect Scores = 51 out of 116
VGChartz Average = 95,93 => ~96
WOW! 51 Perfect scores!!!!!
11-02-2011 07:08 PM
11-04-2011 06:43 PM
11-05-2011 11:11 AM
When comparing this game to Uncharted 2 it simply does not meet or supersede expectations.
There are lot problems.
1. Way to short. I do not remember UC2 or even UC1 being this short in game play and storytelling. I think I got 6hours in this game? That is unacceptable.
2. The story? Oh my where do I begin? It is a huge mess nothing makes sense. I think Amy can't remember her last name wrote the script correct me if I am wrong? There is so much inconsistency with the story. What was she smoking when she wrote this script? Especially the ending which is just plain "BAD"
3. Graphic’s seem to have taken back a step when compared to UC2 engine. Though I have to give to them credit with the plane scene and the desert. The desert was definitely worth the price of admission but to some people sending $59.99 is a lot of money.
4. The overall feeling when you play this game was that the developer was rushing to release this product or somewhere down the line they lost their magic touch or the people that developed UC2 moved on? I don't know exactly but something is really wrong with this game.
5. On top of that they are selling you the same DLC skin packs you bought from UC2. Talk about a slap in the face.
6. I am extremely disappointed and will be taking this game back to the retailer for a refund.
11-06-2011 02:55 PM
I personally think This Game is great but should of been worked on story wise more then Multiplayer. They probably worked to much on the multiplayer and had no time for single player. Hopefully they take 3 years or wait till the ps4 to create Uncharted 4 and make is a masterpiece like Uncharted 3. To Anybody thinknig the graphics are worst or a step back from uc2 they should actually go back and play it cuz Uc3 graphics are better. Also the final thing to say. **bleep** happened to Chloe And Elena they look horrible in this game. Chloe should of just not been put in this game if they were not gonna give her a role or an actual face.
11-06-2011 05:13 PM
I usually don't participate in this sort of discussions, but this time I couldn't resist.
I agree that the game seems shorter than the previous ones. But I can't say for sure whether it has to do with less content. I do feel the game is more "rushed" (as in: a higher tempo) than the previous ones, which is good in an action/movie-like context, but I expected more gameplay as well. I did lose a lot of time in the previous games because some challeges or waves of enemies were a pain (darn Yeti beast!). Regardless, I finished Uncharted 3 in 12hrs, which includes looking around for treasures. I will definitely replay to get all trophies though.
However, I don't dare to say that this game is bad - on the contrary. If I look at it from a perspective and compare it to all other games out there... I don't know where to start: the developers have done a tremendous job in pushing technologies to their limits and I'm a bit unfortunate that I cannot enjoy this game in 3D yet, as I expect it looks even more marvellous. I know expectations are high and even more with each game, but I am convinced that, with regards to the quality of the production, this is by far the best we can get at this time. I honestly didn't know my PS3 could pull this off!
I did notice a few (3 or 4) gameplay glitches that I didn't come across in the first installments and that bothered me the most. One of them actually prevented me to continue (a certain event was not triggered). I did join the Uncharted franchise just months after the second game was out, so I probably had the benefit of patches in those games, if there were any. But still...
I think I read this was the final installment, but I still hope this is not the end. I'm always skeptical towards trilogies, quadrologies, etc. but Uncharted has proven a lot of potential and those props go mainly to Naughty Dog. Having a technology at hand is one thing, but applying it in such a way to create something like this is a whole other ball game. I know an Uncharted title is announced for the PS Vita, but I don't feel like buying a game system just for the interest of 1 game, no matter the greatness.
Uncharted 3 gets a 9.5/10 from me. Mainly because of the glitches and short playthrough. I also expected some "default" bonus content, such as a soundtrack CD or something (like the new Zelda coming out on the Wii). I don't want to re-buy the game (like a game of the year edition) to get content I couldn't get otherwise. I'm already disappointed that some regions or territories get different collector's / limited / special editions, but that's a different discussion.
11-06-2011 10:01 PM
Apparently Honest gamers wanted to be special and gave Uncharted 3 a 4 out of 10
Here is the link: http://www.honestgamers.com/reviews/9640.html