May 29 2012
By: SouthpawLP Treasure Hunter 4595 posts

The Official Thread for Michael Myers players (Who wants to do some more matches? I DO!)

416 replies 700 views Edited May 29, 2012

Hello everybody. Some of you may know by now that I host G-MAL vs. Automatic battles testing if the G-MAL is "OP". Well, I'm firing up this thread as a way for Michael Myers players to meet up and play the mode in a way that will work even better than it did in Uncharted 2. These are just some friendly, non-competitive games to play to goof off and have fun.

How To Play

One player is Michael Myers. He cannot use grenades, he cannot use his weapon. He can only punch the people on the other team, the "survivors". Once all but one survivor is dead, the remaining survivor is allowed to kill Michael Myers with only melee. And... that's pretty much it. Survivors can roll, run, and hide, but they cannot fight back until there's only one left. Wanna see an entertaining video of people playing Michael Myers in Black Ops? Here you go.

Best Boosters

Come Here Gold: It has a really good range, so you can see Michael at a fair distance if he's not using Cloaked and has already killed you in the previous round. I recommend only using it in a round after round 1, though.

For My Buddy: It has a shorter range than Come Here, but you can at least use it in any round, and you don't have to sacrifice Endurance. But you will have to sacrifice Monkey Man...

Cloaked: Great for a sneaky Michael Myers player and for players who are trying to hide from Michael. Good luck being able to run away, though.

Endurance: Great if you're being chased, or are giving chase.

Monkey Man: See Endurance. Likely useless in maps where there's no climbing (Temple, for example)

Settings

Mode: Elimination

Rounds: Any amount works

Weapon Pickups: Off

Global Chat: On (if Global Chat is on even for when people are dead, this can help make the mode less boring for the people who already died)

Treasure Chests: Off

Health Multiplier: 50% (Michael Myers is way more fun when one punch kills someone)

Sprinting: On

Weapon Mode: Pistols

Medal Kickbacks: Off

Boosters: On/Off (we can do some matches with and some matches without the boosters)

Grenade Rethrowing: Off

Rules

-Nobody is to fire a single bullet at an enemy. Traditionally in COD Michael Myers (that's where the mode originated, hush it), the last survivor is supposed to melee Michael Myers. Same rules apply here.

-No grenades, whatsoever. That means no Revenge.

-Unless you're the last survivor, you cannot punch Michael Myers. You can only run and hide until you're the last survivor left.

-If any survivors spawn with Michael Myers, MM must give them a head start of fifteen seconds. Once those fifteen seconds are up, MM is permitted kill these unlucky survivors.

-Please, no Call Out. Call Out spoils the mode.

-Please disable your aim dot when playing Michael Myers. The aim dot has no use in this mode, except to reveal Michael's location when it glides over his body. The aim dot has actually ruined several games of Michael Myers (in TDM) that I hosted a while back.

-Don't be rude to the other players, please. We're just here for fun, not to insult each other.

-Do not complain about the G-MAL or the ROF M9 whilst in this match. Don't. Please don't. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease don't. Long guns won't even be seen in these games. There's no need to complain about any alleged balancing issues in a 100% balanced environment.

-No whining in general. Come on now, we're all friends here, in a non-competitive environment.

-NO GLITCHING OR I WILL KILL YOU WITH A 50-POUND ROCKET-POWERED SACK OF ELEPHANT MANURE!

-Violation of any of the rules set will result in getting kicked from the party. The game will start up again once said violator is kicked.

If you want to add me, my Facebook is: www.facebook.com/SouthpawLP

I accept any friend requests on that account. Just don't tag me in anything inappropriate, my family wouldn't appreciate that . Go ahead and let me know if you want to get some Michael Myers games going and I'll add you to the OP.

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE: ...none. You don't have to ask if you can join. Anyone can join.

We'll have to all be added to each other in some way, via Facebook or mutual PSN friends. I have also cleared off a friend from my friends list so I can temporarily add people to get in matches with us.

As you can tell by the list of participants, we're going to need a few hosts, too. In order to be a host, you must have experience with Michael Myers matches from Uncharted 2 and have all DLC.

Hosts

SouthpawLP

ii-T_T-ii (HIhi2442's alt made just for these matches)

samuelcd1997

King_Cobra97

autobots14

duckyguy1

Participants

SouthpawLP (all DLC)

HIhi2442/ii-T_T-ii (all DLC)

TheExtracter (all DLC)

ibk06

autobots14 (all DLC)

ryaniscool47 (all DLC)

Lord_Tony_Z

IEATLILKITTENS

Xdye7

Formula1Fanboy (all DLC)

The_King_25_ (all DLC)

MikeBoyz3569

FredFai (all DLC)

tack129 (all DLC)

darthgeek8 (all DLC)

Ketsueki_Wolf

GMRcris (all DLC)

LiLJohnR10 (all DLC)

Playteh

Goldhawk1 (all DLC)

Toxic156

Asraik (all DLC)

Phala1234 (all DLC)

gunnsandwiches42 (all DLC)

Pyroguy30 (all DLC)

samuelcd1997 (all DLC)

ryumitch1 (all DLC)

TheStuntDouble

Alluboy_ (FBMP1)

Pesara (all DLC)

laticspieman (all DLC)

King_Cobra97... please don't lag while doing this (all DLC)

meetbun (all DLC)

DrakeShepard (all DLC)

JayJay275/MUCHxz (all DLC)

andrew-cameron-2

Da_Almighty_Guy (all DLC)

brandon_207 (all DLC)

gecko47321 (all DLC)

iwilla1 (all DLC)

SharpShotEagle (all DLC)

munnsy1 (all DLC)

Shadow-Man_4 (all DLC)

Uninspected (all DLC)

Eugenides (all DLC)

III-Paradigm-III

The_Blablob (all DLC)

Shrantellatessa (all DLC)

dhawnt (all DLC)

LifeLongFrenzy

Toxic156 (all DLC)

renatabls (all DLC)

a_randay92

Blooddrunk123 (all DLC)

Aeonra (all DLC)

Tactician109 (all DLC)

RyuujiTK (all DLC)

bek21780

far-zan1234 (all DLC)

dr1ft3r2010

abbasman47 (all DLC)

screwfun

JerppaV (all DLC)

duckyguy1 (all DLC)

dr_f1ngers (all DLC)

fiberface (all DLC)

JayJay2515 (all DLC)

jazztaz (all DLC)

EMPEROR987 (all DLC)

jveloz21

adud3007 (all DLC)

TheMaddHater (all DLC)

Ihminen60 (all DLC)

Darkai34

monkeybutler1xx (all DLC)

RedLegend14 (all DLC)

Boo_Boo_Bat (all DLC)

J-kid1996

k_run_

JoninRock64

neverbelow (all DLC)

Lt_K4RL0S

Lemonpop_x (all DLC)

Slaynman (all DLC)

Da_Chimp96 (all DLC)

Dano1997 (FBMP1)

runner21 (all DLC)

Climber129 (all DLC)

Message 402 of 417 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Re: The Unofficial Thread... for Michael Myers players.

May 11, 2012

At the start, should people just unload all their ammo into the ground or a wall, as a precaution?

Message 1 of 417 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4225 posts

May 11, 2012

Add me to the OP! I can even record them live so everyone can watch them later.

Message 2 of 417 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1876 posts

May 11, 2012

Wow terrific Idea pete, I expect no less, definitely want to play this, btw any ETA on the patch notes?

Message 3 of 417 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

May 11, 2012

Pesara wrote:

At the start, should people just unload all their ammo into the ground or a wall, as a precaution?

No, that's not necessary. Just keep your fingers off the shoulder buttons and you should be safe.

Message 4 of 417 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4225 posts

May 11, 2012

Btw, if my friendslist is full and you have an Uncharted facebook then please add me if you haven't already!http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003729406344

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003729406344

Message 5 of 417 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
561 posts

May 11, 2012

I'm interested

Message 6 of 417 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

May 11, 2012

sign me up.

Message 7 of 417 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 11, 2012

I'm in! 

One comment, it might be a good idea to disallow Endurance Gold and Monkey Man gold.  Those boosters could make it far too easy to get away from "Michael".  Looking forward to seeing how it plays out in U3 tho! 

Message 8 of 417 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

May 11, 2012

Nah, those two boosters would make it fun. So would Cloaked.

Message 9 of 417 (700 Views)
0 Likes