Sackboy
495 posts

Re: The Noobs of Uncharted.

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

Today I learned...I am every kind of noob.

The only kind of noob that bothers me are the ones who have a really negative score.

1. It's impossible to win when those noobs just keep charging at the other team providing them with more points than I can score.

2. It's hard to imagine how the matchmaking could possibly put those noobs into lobby with people who are totally massacring them.

----------
All that said, fix matchmaking before anything else.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 44 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2186 posts

Dec 5, 2012

GamerAlexz wrote:

In this thread, I will post what I think make-up the most annoying noobs in Uncharted 3. Lets begin.

Hipfiring noobs: They do not aim at all. They see an enemy and start doing zig-zags while pressing R1.

Power Weapons Noobs: Some power weapons like the RPG and hammer do not require you to aim to actually get a kill. Just press R1 and the RPG or hammer will go directly to the enemy. Like pinpoint. Also, some noobs just depend on power weapons which make the game annoying because they will actually team-kill when they see someone with the PW.

M9 RoF noobs: 3 seconds. I think.. or just add lag.

Quick boom noobs: no one likes this kickback because you can't do anything to run away from the enemy with it.

Noob noobs: they're only annoying when they are on your team and go 2-16.

I think there are more noobs, but it's too annoying to write about them and remembering how they killed you.

lol noob noobs

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 44 (157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 5, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Quick boom's nerf was in medals, right? That's not exactly that big of a help. It still is instaboom when activated.

Soon as you still red, you're DEAD. Run %!#$ run!

Trying hard but not trying soft.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 44 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

1. Nubs who follow you everywhere. You can't hear enemies as all you can hear is the nub on your team running, and if you use Cloaked Gold its use is completely undermined by the noisy nub (especially when climbing).

2. Power weapon hoarding nubs. Of course anyone is entitled to pick up the power weapons, but invariably nubs will pick up what would often be a vital weapon for you and then camp and get stealth killed, or quickly lose it to an enemy who then kills you with it.

3. Lemming nubs. Infuriating when you play 3TDM largely because it massively decreases the amount you are dependent on teammates, but your nub buddy is a headless chicken who insists on going 1-17 in a matter of minutes against two other teams who you would otherwise be dealing with easily.

Of course there's a learning curve for everyone, but some people genuinely have no common sense and are entirely wilfully ignorant. People source enjoyment in different ways, but I can't see how getting mown down over and over in a competitive MP leads to that, except for trolls or masochists.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 44 (144 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Dec 5, 2012

jAcUzZi__sPlOt wrote:

1. Nubs who follow you everywhere. You can't hear enemies as all you can hear is the nub on your team running, and if you use Cloaked Gold its use is completely undermined by the noisy nub (especially when climbing).

2. Power weapon hoarding nubs. Of course anyone is entitled to pick up the power weapons, but invariably nubs will pick up what would often be a vital weapon for you and then camp and get stealth killed, or quickly lose it to an enemy who then kills you with it.

3. Lemming nubs. Infuriating when you play 3TDM largely because it massively decreases the amount you are dependent on teammates, but your nub buddy is a headless chicken who insists on going 1-17 in a matter of minutes against two other teams who you would otherwise be dealing with easily.

Of course there's a learning curve for everyone, but some people genuinely have no common sense and are entirely wilfully ignorant. People source enjoyment in different ways, but I can't see how getting mown down over and over in a competitive MP leads to that, except for trolls or masochists.

I made a thread about this a while back. It seems some players just dont have the mental capictity to play Uncharted's Multiplayer. I have a friend who just got UC3 for the first time ever and he does not play like a noob, i mean yea he goes negative but he dosn't slowly aim at an enemy, fire 4-5 rounds of AK and then just press L2 and lob a grenade 8 feet in front of them.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 44 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Dec 5, 2012

I'm not really that irritated about it as long as they are not putting me in an unwinnable situation through making no effort to rationalise their tactics / approach over time. It's those who won't ever learn that begin to annoy me.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 44 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Dec 5, 2012
The newbies aernt the problem. Its the cheap kills that rules this game. It does require more thinking, but the learning curve isn't difficult at all.

What is far worse than the newbies are the try hards giving it their all to score the cheapest kills possible -_-

Fix the gameplay mechanics and this should be less of a problem
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 44 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Whatdya know? I just got called out via PSN message:

"Shotgun, rapide fire, and hammer. The first noob in this play. Your on youtube."

----------
All that said, fix matchmaking before anything else.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 44 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Dec 6, 2012

holicow wrote:

Whatdya know? I just got called out via PSN message:

"Shotgun, rapide fire, and hammer. The first noob in this play. Your on youtube."

Ask him to post it in the forums here. :smileyvery-happy:

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 44 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Dec 6, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
We can call them arseholes.

Let's not forget about people who aim point-blank. Are you stupid? POINT BLANK? That's a free kill for the other team, because you refuse to blindfire OR EVEN MELEE.

I don't blindfire. Sorry. Somehow I still manage to carry my team mates though, so it's almost as if aiming point blank is actually something people should do instead of acting like aiming is impossible when you're target is 80% of your screen. :smileysurprised:

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 44 (110 Views)